Book Bingo! discussion

2018 Bingo Categories > A BOOK BY AN AUTHOR YOUR AGE.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 82 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Culp | 2 comments Thanks for this fun challenge, Devin! I have had the most trouble trying to find an author my age - 34. Apparently, authors do not often share their ages. So far, I have only come up with Aziz Ansari, who wrote Modern Romance. Although many people have recommended this book, I much prefer fiction. Feel free to leave a response if you find another author born between 1982-1984. Thanks!

message 3: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 49 comments Judgement in Death (In Death #11) by J.D. Robb Born in 1950!! Love the "In Death series". I pick on up every so often between more difficult books. Good writing, a bit of sex/love, and plots and personalities are fun.

message 4: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 49 comments Angela wrote: "Thanks for this fun challenge, Devin! I have had the most trouble trying to find an author my age - 34. Apparently, authors do not often share their ages. So far, I have only come up with Aziz Ansa..."

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer , Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu , Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street by Dr. Seuss , Dr Suess was 34 when he wrote it.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin | 51 comments Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan Every Day by David Levithan 3.5 stars.
I picked this book up before realizing it was a movie and also to my surprise and excitement that the author was born in my year of '72 ! It was a fast read based on the structure, which I liked, but I'm on the fence with the storyline itself. Getting close to the end I thought I had figured out how it would actually end but I was wrong. It's intriguing but....ehhh. :/

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 40 comments The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish

Read: The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish

Finished: February 8, 2018

Length: 288 Pages

Rating: 4 / 5 stars

Comments: I should probably score this book higher because I’ve been talking about / thinking about / recommending it all year. Tiffany has a beautiful soul and with such a tough background it could have easily gone another way.