Book Bingo! discussion

FREE SPACE! READ ANY BOOK YOU WOULD LIKE!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 108 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Devin (new)

Love Is the Higher Law

I gave this book 4 stars. Very heartbreaking and very real.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jguzzetta) | 4 comments My first book of the year was American Gun: A History of the U.S. in Ten Firearms by Chris Kyle. I gave it a 4/5 star rating. I thoroughly enjoyed the bits of American history that the author conveyed through story telling as it relates to firearms. I learned a lot about guns and some fun bits about the U.S. that I found very interesting.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jphilli1) | 4 comments The Lost Hero

With this book, Riordan begins a new saga where the tale of Percy Jackson leaves off. The war of the Titans has ended, but three new demigods arrive at Camp Half-blood...one who doesn't seem to belong. As these three arrive, Percy Jackson has gone missing and Hera has been kidnapped. Jason, Piper, and Leo get a crash course in heroics as they set out on a quest to free Hera.

While creative, and a fun way of bringing together the Greek and Roman pantheons, there seem to be holes in this book, more so than the Percy Jackson series. At several points when our new heroes ask a question that the reader may be thinking the answer is, "Oh, that would be too hard to explain" or "You don't really want to know." Well, maybe I do, Rick. Maybe I do want to know.

message 5: by Ágnes (last edited Mar 01, 2018 02:17PM) (new)

Ágnes (lareineweiwei) | 10 comments A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 stars

I started to read it before I joined the Bingo Challenge and it doesn't fit any category, so I used up my free space. Probably everybody has already heard about it. I don't want to repeat others so I only say, it is worth reading.

message 6: by Terrie (last edited Nov 04, 2018 01:02PM) (new)

Terrie | 46 comments The Power by Naomi Alderman It's a pretty bizarre premise. Women get all the power!!! And how men start wanting to kill them, etc. And that some women reallly abuse the power. Etc. 3 stars as I thought things were missing in the telling of it.

message 7: by Devin (new)

Terrie wrote: "The Power by Naomi Alderman It's a pretty bizarre premise. Women get all the power!!! And how men start wanting to kill them, etc. And that some women reallly abuse the power. Etc. 3 stars as I ..."

This book sounds pretty interesting! I may have to add it to my TBR list!

message 8: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 46 comments Devin wrote: "Terrie wrote: "The Power by Naomi Alderman It's a pretty bizarre premise. Women get all the power!!! And how men start wanting to kill them, etc. And that some women reallly abuse the power. Etc..."
It was interesting and I'm glad I read it.

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 45 comments Mod
If Someone Says "You Complete Me," Run! Whoopi's Big Book of Relationships by Whoopi Goldberg

Read: If Someone Says “You Complete Me” Run! by Whoopi Goldberg

Finished: April 2, 2018

Length: 227 Pages

Rating: 4 / 5 stars

Comments: It felt good to have validation for some choices I have made for myself.

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin | 49 comments Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan
5 Stars!
I was drawn to this book from the cover art. I was happy to find such great reviews and immediately began reading and am really happy I did! Such interesting characters, a puzzle within a mystery, unexpected twists, some really good gore and darkness and the main character Lydia can be really funny with how she describes people, places and actions. I read 23 books this year and this is my favorite of the bunch...a great way to end the 2018 Goodreads reading challenge!

message 11: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 31 comments On the Fence by Kasie West. 4 Stars and it was a quick read!