Book Bingo! discussion

2018 Bingo Categories > A BOOK TOLD THROUGH LETTERS.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 82 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jphilli1) | 5 comments God is in the Manger: Reflections on Advent and Christmas by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
This book is mostly a thematic collection of selections from Bonhoeffer's sermons. Each week of advent and Christmas has a theme, and the daily selections reflect that theme. Each sermon selection is followed by an excerpt from another sermon, essay, book, or letter by Bonhoeffer (a few are from other Christian writers), and each day ends with a related scripture.

I enjoyed the reflective nature of these daily devotions as I moved through the advent season toward Christmas.God Is in the Manger: Reflections on Advent and Christmas

message 3: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 49 comments Dear Mrs. Bird by A.J. Pearce *** 3 stars. Cute book but just a bit too cute. She wants to be a journalist and finds herself helping the advice columnist with her letters.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 40 comments Gmorning, Gnight! Little Pep Talks for Me & You by Lin-Manuel Miranda

Read: Gmorning, Gnight: Little Pep Talks for You and Me by Lin-Manuel Miranda

Finished: June 4, 2018

Length: 224 Pages

Rating: 5 / 5 stars

Comments: Technically a book of tweets but I’m going to count it. So inspiring!