Book Bingo! discussion

A BOOK FROM A CELEBRITY BOOK CLUB.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 116 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jguzzetta) | 4 comments The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood

This book was found in Emma Watson’s very popular book club Our Shared Shelf. It is a very well written poetic book set in a dystopian land of Gillead. It is thought provoking and interesting, however I was not so thrilled with the ending of the book. I rate the book a 4/5 star rating.

message 3: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 46 comments An American Marriage by Tayari Jones Oprah's recommendation. 5 stars. But I have to say, after reading it I needed a bit of lightheartedness so I then read Vacationland: True stories of painful beaches!! Also 5 stars (a writer for SNL--so funny). But I digress.
AAM is a tremendous book about what incarceration does to a family, a person, society etc. Done very interestingly so don't get hung up that this is a sad sad horrible jail story. It is...but it's more about the people left behind. Also, he's innocent! Not a spoiler.

message 4: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 31 comments An American Marriage from Oprah’s Book Club. 1 Star. Every character was unlikable. Quick read but the themes and story did not work for me. Some people really like this one though!

message 5: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 116 comments Mod
Kelsey wrote: "An American Marriage from Oprah’s Book Club. 1 Star. Every character was unlikable. Quick read but the themes and story did not work for me. Some people really like this one though!"

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this book! Hopefully your next read is/was better!

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 31 comments My next read was better, thank you! :)