Book Bingo! discussion

A FAIRYTALE RETELLING.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 116 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Erin (last edited Jan 21, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

Erin | 49 comments Wild at Heart (Flipped Fairy Tales #5) by Starla Huchton Wild at Heart by Starla Huchton 4 stars
Based on a Russion fairytale "Ivan and the Firebird", I really liked the idea of this tale...wishing to be something you are not and daring to explore that possibility. This was a great adventure with lessons and morals and truth of the heart.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 49 comments Mod
Ashlynn Ella's Story (Ever After High, #0.5) by Shannon Hale

Read: Ashlynn Ella’s Story by Shannon Hale

Finished: October 16, 2018

Length: 5 Pages

Rating: 3 / 5 stars

Comments: This is a bit of a cheat as it’s about a daughter that is getting ready to relive her mother’s story, but I’m counting it as it’s a spin on a fairytale.

message 4: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 46 comments I-1 a fairytale retelling: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer
the Cinderella story retold.
20 of goal of 22 books; 4 bingos of goal of 8
4th bingo = B1 -- O1.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin | 49 comments what did you think of this? I picked it up a few times but couldn't commit. I'm interested in your thought on it.

message 6: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 46 comments Erin wrote: "what did you think of this? I picked it up a few times but couldn't commit. I'm interested in your thought on it."
My four-star review: (LOL)

My first sci fi.

Another world!!!! Kind of fun.

Cliff-hanger ending. GRRRRR! ...

Actually, I'm glad I read it. Easy, weird, fun, pretty well written and who doesn't like a prince, waif, (smart one, at that!!). I needed it for the challenge and thought, "Why not?" Worth the time. As you can tell, though, I do NOT like cliffhangers. But I read it bc of all the press it was getting. I totally read it while making it a movie in my mind.
Give it another shot.