Book Bingo! discussion

2018 Bingo Categories > A BOOK IN A GENRE YOU USUALLY WOULDN'T READ.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 83 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jphilli1) | 5 comments Follow You Home by Mark Edwards

I have no idea how this book ended up on my Kindle. It is a psychological thriller, not a genre I'm particularly fond of. This book kept me reading long into the night and guess right to the end.

Edwards takes us on a journey with a happy couple from London whose rail trip through Romania ends abruptly with a gruesome discovery in a forest that haunts them. Is it supernatural? Is it naturally explainable? The couple crumbles under the stress of hiding the details of their trip, refusing to tell even their closest friends of their experience. But strange, violent things begin happening to them and those around them in London until their experiences can no longer be buried. But will the reader ever really know the whole truth about what happened in the Romanian woods?

I really enjoyed this book and am glad that it ended up on my Kindle. Follow You Home by Mark Edwards

message 3: by Ágnes (new)

Ágnes (lareineweiwei) | 10 comments 微微一笑很倾城 Just One Smile Is Very Alluring (微微一笑很倾城 #1) by 顾漫

Just One Smile is Very Alluring by Gu Man
My rating: 4 stars

My first book this year was a Chinese Web Novel. I wish it fits into the category. I have never read this kind of book before. I read it because I really liked the TV series Love O2O, which is based on Just One Smile Is Very Alluring. The book was translated to English by a fan and - maybe because of that - I preferred the series. Still, it is a good story. I recommend it for young girls.

message 4: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 49 comments Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews 4 stars. Had fun reading this. Never read vampire genre before and everyone was raving about the wonderful series of Kate Daniels. Yep, I will continue the series, maybe one a month or so. She's a great heroine.

message 5: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 31 comments Crooked Kingdom 5 Stars. I usually don’t read fantasy but Leigh Bardugo does an excellent job of writing fantasy interesting enough for most age levels.

message 6: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 83 comments Mod
Kelsey wrote: "Crooked Kingdom 5 Stars. I usually don’t read fantasy but Leigh Bardugo does an excellent job of writing fantasy interesting enough for most age levels."

I'm not really into fantasy books, but I may have to give this author a try!

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 40 comments Creative Quest by Ahmir Questlove Thompson

Read: Creative Quest by Ahmir Questlove Thompson

Finished: August 6, 2018

Length: 288 Pages

Rating: 3.5 / 5 stars

Comments: Interesting insights on creativity and how people become/are creative.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin | 51 comments A series of unfortunate events: Book#1 A a bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket. 5 Stars

This is a childrens/ fantasy genre which is something I would not normally select but I have always been intrigued by the art and the premise so I decided to give it a shot. I really liked it and it’s a series I will continue to read.
This makes my 2018 under the wire for 24 total books and 14 for the Bingo Board!
Looking forward to the 2019 Category Selections!