Book Bingo! discussion

A BOOK SET IN A COUNTRY OTHER THAN WHERE YOU'RE FROM.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 115 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jguzzetta) | 4 comments The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

I gave this a 5/5 rating. Stieg Larsson has an impeccable way of keeping you on the edge of your seat all the way until the end. Absolute must read series.

message 3: by Erin (last edited Feb 28, 2018 12:05PM) (new)

Erin | 49 comments H2O (The Rain, #1) by Virginia Bergin H2O (aka:The Rain #1) by Virginia Bergin
4 Stars
Pretty good apocalyptic story set in England. I felt like I was a bit on edge of my seat as different situations came about. Will pick up Book #2 during this challenge as the story line and characters are enjoyable.

message 4: by Ágnes (last edited Oct 04, 2018 03:06AM) (new)

Ágnes (lareineweiwei) | 10 comments Asking For It by Louise O'Neill

Update: Reconsidering my ratings this year, the book did not reach the threshold of other 3-star books, so I demoted it to 2 stars.

Asking For It by Louise O'Neill
My rating: 3 stars

Even though the writer was able to describe some situations and emotions very well, this cannot be said about the whole book. Some extra work on it could have been very useful. It was often difficult to follow the storyline, which was not always consistent. In spite of all these, it was okay.

message 5: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 46 comments You Me Everything by Catherine Isaac 4 stars
This book sneaks up on you. Seems like a breezy, semi-serious book with nice plots and characters and then more tensions, character developments etc. I'm very glad I read it. Not heavy at all, but still stayed with me regarding some of the facets of the stories. Takes place in the south of France ... what's not to like about that???!!

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 31 comments Beartown 4 Stars. Took place in Sweden. A book that had so many good quotes and themes, but it was a very slow start so that’s why it didn’t get 5 Stars.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 45 comments Mod
Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24) by Lynsay Sands

Set In:Argentina

Read: Immortal Nights by Lynsay Sands

Finished: September 11, 2018

Length: 384 Pages

Rating: 3.5 / 5 stars

Comments: Something big is brewing for the Argeneau’s and I need to hurry up and catch up. It was so good to see Tomasso find his lifemate. He deserves a smart and brave chicke like Abigail. They have both had some rough times but together can put them in the past