Play Book Tag discussion

January 2018: Science > Ladies of the Field: Early Women Archaeologists and Their Search for Adventure

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 856 comments A brief summary of Seven female archaeologists who were determined to make their own way in life by searching and finding adventure. You can see some of the research done but the overall felt blah. It lacked depth and that the fact it was a brief look at each woman, it did not give enough attention to each one of them. Also the fact that we needed to be aware of what was expected of a woman in their time as well what they wore and about other protocols over and over became annoying.
I had never heard of several of these women before I read the book so that helps keep it a solid two stars.

message 2: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Bummer, it wasn't better. The title certainly sounds good.

message 3: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments SouthWestZippy wrote: "A brief summary of Seven female archaeologists who were determined to make their own way in life by searching and finding adventure. You can see some of the research done but the overall felt blah...."

Well that's no way to start off the New Year of reading!

It sounds like a good book conceptually, but it sounds like the implementation really fell short.

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6926 comments What a disappointment on what could have been a fascinating book.

message 5: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 856 comments "It sounds like a good book conceptually, but it sounds like the implementation really fell short."

WOW Anita, well put, wish I could have come up with that in my review.

So the first book was blah, not going to stop me. I can feel the goods one coming. LOL