What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wake
This topic is about Wake
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Cult dark kidnapping book. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments I read this book and had it on my currency reading shelves on goodreads. But I had stop reading it cause emotionally I found it hard to read. So stupid me deleted it on gd.

Anyway it was about a girl in a cult family. Like the book wife number seven by Melissa brown?. Anyhow she is supposed to marry the hero dad. Who thinks he's the prophet. They where kids but in love. So I think when the boy 15 and she's 12 or something. The boy helps her escape. But they get caught the boy gets shot and the girl keeps running. She escapes always thinking and regretting what happened to the boy? She lives with her grandparents who saved her. The prophet guy that she was supposed to marry has 7 sons.

He beats the kid up and punishes him. But also brainwashes him that he was going against his religion. That the girl had the devil in her etc.

The hero grows up and stalks the girl. Because he's so brainwashed that he wants revenge and to bring her back. So that his dad can marry her. He kidnaps her and keeps her in this dongeon place. Chained to the celling. With a glass window in the room where he can see her but she can't see him.

She's weak and hungry and asks for food or drink. And he flings bucket human waste in i.e shit on her. So she's covered in pee and shit.

Mean while his dad wife. Who also brainwashes the hero. She's been sexually abusing him since the escaping incident. But she keeps saying that she's curing his soul.

The hero is very good looking dark hair and grey eyes. so he uses that to his advantage.

The heroine has brown hair and brown eyes. I can't remember anything else. The hero also had a biblical name. But the hero and heroine had nicknames for each other. Oh also the heroine mum liked the hero dad and shacked up with them. But then later died I think. So when they initially met they where siblings. But later the hero dad wanted to get married to her. It's a dark read. I had stop reading it. Cause I found it hard how the author showed flashbacks. To how sweet the guy was a kid. They were madly in love. But as a adult he sounds like a crazed, full of revenge guy. Plus the heroine recognised him and then just gives up. Thinking that the suffering he had to go through was her fault. She blames herself for leaving him.
The hero kills the heroine grandparents by shooting them then burning the house down. Heroine unaware she thinks it was just a accident fire.

She inherites money when she turns 21yrs old. Decides to go back near the compound get a deactivate to find the hero. But she doesn't realises that this whole time the hero stalking her. She's on the highway when the hero crashes her car and she has a accident faints. Only to be awaken at the cold dungeon.

She goes to college but doesn't date anyone . Making excuses that she has a bf.

The hero dad says to him that heroine probably a slut now having sleeping with everyone .

In one scene i remember the hero saying horrible stuff to her. Like acussing her of being a slut and asking her how many men has she slept with. The heroine crying and trying to make him believe that she hasn't slept with anyone cause shes in love with him.

I can't remember anything else.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jan 02, 2018 06:42AM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Wake by D.S. Wrights seems to match your description.

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com -nonfiction dark cult escapes shot years later son kidnaps stalking (that's "not nonfiction")

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Kris wrote: "Wake by D.S. Wrights seems to match your description.

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com -nonfiction dark cult escapes shot years later son kidnaps stalking (..."

Thats it Yesssssssssssssssss thank you so much .

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Sönïa.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wake (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

D.S. Wrights (other topics)