Addicted to YA discussion

Wintersong (Wintersong, #1)
This topic is about Wintersong
Series > Wintersong

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5215 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

message 2: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 291 comments Another one I want to read.

Ashley Holdren  | *Whimsies of a Nerd Girl ~ Fantasy Book Blogger (whimsiesofanerdgirl) | 9 comments I absolutely loved this novel! It was beautiful and poetically written. I loved that the author showed Liesl's mental health. Personally, it reminded me a lot of Seasonal Affective Disorder and/or depression. I think more people should be aware of these disorders.

I found the romance between Liesl and the Goblin king to be entrancing. S. Jae-Jones knows how to build a beautiful and believable world for her readers! This book actually got me to fall back into loving to read again, after having been too busy to read much for the past couple years due to renovating our house and wedding.

Favorite character is Liesel because I relate to her art and personality so much. I don't have much of a least favorite character, unless you count the goblins trying to hold her back from getting back to the human world. I think it's kind of the point of not having a "true villain" in this book, it's the way of their world and keeping it in balance.

I am for sure reading the next one! I am counting down the days! :)

Heather Daigle | 2 comments I would really like the sequel to be about Liesel trying to rescue the Goblin king from his crown.

Taiwo | A Lifestyle Nerd  (alifestylenerd) I really disliked this book. I've ranted to a lot of people about how awful I think it is. The first half was good but the second hlaf was just plain horrible. The romance between Liesl and the Goblin King made me cringe and his constant requests for her to "give herself to him entire" was pretty sickening. I wouldn't recommend this at all.

Jasmine (jasminejay) | 51 comments IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT

Jasmine (jasminejay) | 51 comments Taiwo wrote: "I really disliked this book. I've ranted to a lot of people about how awful I think it is. The first half was good but the second hlaf was just plain horrible. The romance between Liesl and the Gob..."

woah I love ur opinion.

message 8: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Bravo (mamaolympias) I only just started it and I'm about 10% in...
I think it is going in the DNF pile. I just can't enjoy the writing style for some reason?

Megan McAndrews | 1 comments I enjoyed this book. It was well written with wonderful descriptions of environments, thoughts, and feelings. I appreciate a good balance of action and detailed description.

I believe that there is good heat between the main characters, but what a dysfunctional relationship! I agree that the insistence to give up her entire being was a little too much. We should encourage positive, balanced relationships that support strength in women.

Kat Platzman | 0 comments I finished the book yesterday and I have mixed feelings...
I really like the inspiration by folklore and fairytales but I wish there was also something else included...I just felt like something was missing.
Just like Taiwo I really disliked the second half of the book when Liesl was trying to sleep with the Goblin King...it made me really uncomfortable.
If the author ended the book after Liesl agreed to marry the Goblin King, that would have a been a much better cliffhanger for me, and I think I would have liked the book better!

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Kaso | 155 comments So far, so good. About 1/4 through.