Addicted to YA discussion

Wild Beauty
This topic is about Wild Beauty
Stand Alone > Wild Beauty

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5184 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

message 2: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 291 comments I want to read it to form my own opinion on this book but not going to lie I have not heard the best of things about it. Still I want to read it to see why a lot didn't like it. Plus I tend to like what others don't :)

Jazmine Schnitzler | 15 comments So I just finished this book yesterday and I loved it in my opinion. I thought it was really great, but I was confused at a few parts. My favorite character has to be Fel ( I know thats not his real name) because he was so sweet to the girls and wanted to cook for them.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Kaso | 149 comments Thought this story was quite beautiful, magical realism for the younger crowd. I could almost smell the flowers and taste the food, she wrote so vividly.

Katie (katieisalovebug) | 4 comments I loved it eventually but oh my word this book starts slow. 😴

Lauren Jean | 6 comments I read it a little while ago. And it was not what I expected.
It was very slow at the start but once it gets going it’s hard to put down.
It was just such a lovely story, and touched on so many great topics and themes.
I keep recommending it to people, but so far no one has read it.

Sarah (violetwashere) | 1 comments I personally loved the book. It was slow at first but the thing that kept me reading was the crazy powerful representation. From my count, there are at least 7 lgbt characters. Probably more, and the quote about bisexuality warmed my heart as a bisexual girl.

"[...] that hearts that loved boys and girls were no more reckless or easily won than any other heart. They loved who they loved. They broke how they broke. And the way it happened depended less on what was under their lovers’ clothes and more on what was wrapped inside their spirits. What secret halls and trapdoors their souls held, and what each one hid and guarded.”
― Anna-Marie McLemore, Wild Beauty

Lady Willpower (lady_willpower) I've read all of McLemore's books, and this one was my favorite, by far! It may be a little slow for some, but I liked the gentle pacing that gradually drew us into this world. And the descriptions of food and flowers were exquisite! I also admired the strong LGBT representation in this, and I wanted to know more about (view spoiler).