Addicted to YA discussion

Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)
This topic is about Hunting Prince Dracula
Series > Hunting Prince Dracula

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

Laura Holt | 48 comments 1. What did you think of it? I absolutely loved it!!! The world building was perfect, and the amount of research the author put into it really made you feel like you were inside the book. It was dark, spooky, and wonderful and kept me guessing all the way up until the last page.
2. Favorite character - Audrey Rose
3. Least favorite character - the headmaster
4. Favorite part - all of the parts, especially the ending and the part with Audrey Rose's dress :)
5. Least favorite part - honestly, I didn't have one lol.
6. Will you read the next one? Without a doubt! Its already at the top of my tbr for 2018.

message 3: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 291 comments I cannot wait to get my hands on this book and read it. I have it on order at my library and I'm waiting (not so patiently ha ha ha) for someone to turn it in so I can have my turn reading it.

Do you know what the next one is going to be called? Just curious

Laura Holt | 48 comments Susan wrote: "I cannot wait to get my hands on this book and read it. I have it on order at my library and I'm waiting (not so patiently ha ha ha) for someone to turn it in so I can have my turn reading it.

Do ..."

It's called Escaping from Houdini! How cool is that?

Nienke | 19 comments I've read this book a month ago and damn, was it good. That ending had me swooning so much.

And I did not know the third book is called Escaping from Houdini, this sounds amazing! Cannot wait for the next!!

Jeannie (koolestlozer) | 38 comments I'm currently reading this and I've been enjoying it thus far, but i've been taking my time getting through it because its a lil tricky to read with all the medical and historical terms and references.

Autumn | 9 comments This book was definitely one of my favorites from 2017. I love the forensics aspect of it and the mystery that reminds me of Nancy Drew (which was my favorite books as a kid). Also Audrey and Thomas are perfect! Such a good book and I can’t wait for all the rest to come out !

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments Here's my review:

Book: Hunting Prince Dracula
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Rating: 5 Out of 5 Stars

Stalking Jack the Ripper was actually a pretty surprising read for me. I am not really a fan of James Patterson and anything with his name on the cover makes me kind of nervous. However, I have found this series to rather entertaining.

Hunting Prince Dracula follows Audrey Rose and Thomas to Romania, where they find themselves in the legendry Bram Castle. Yes, the castle that is home to Dracula. Right away, I was drawn to the dark world and the wonderful legend of the castle. It really is the prefect backdrop for an academy that studies dead bodies. Hello, can it get any better than that? I don’t know why, but I was really drawn into the world. Kerri’s writing is intense and I found myself reading about a hundred pages in one sitting. I just loved all of the adventures Audrey Rose and Thomas got into.

Thomas is probably my favourite character. I just love his wit. He knows just what to say or do to get a reaction out of Audrey Rose. To me, he added a lot of humour to a book that was really dark in nature. I also love his loyal character and how he can actually put the jokes aside when needed. He is actually a really enjoyable character. I can understand why some people would be annoyed with his character. At times, he really isn’t the most serious of characters. However, he is one who will make your heart melt and make you want to go on an adventure with him. Rather you are looking for a good time or a companion to go hunting for dead bodies in the dungeons, he is your guy.

Audrey Rose is also a very enjoyable character. She is a go getter and doesn’t take any sass from any of the boys. She is just about the only female in the castle and many of the males do not take her seriously. However, once she shows them just what she can do, the snickers die down. What I like about her is that she doesn’t let the social boundaries of her society stop her from doing what she knows and loves. She is a great role model for girls everywhere. I also love how she is a woman in science. There is a big push in education to get girls involved in STEM and Audrey Rose is the prefect character and example for this. She shows us that girls can do anything.

Kerri is a great writer. There is just no other way to put it. She has memorable characters with equally appealing characters. She knows how to pull the reader in and how to keep them engaged. This is a mystery and she certainly knew how to keep me engaged and guessing. I never did see the solution coming.
Again, I really loved using Bram Castle as the backdrop to the story. It created the prefect dark setting and was just prefect for the plot. I don’t think any other setting would have worked for this book. It is spooky, romantic-the prefect Gothic setting!

If you loved Stalking Jack the Ripper, you must simply pick this book up. If you think this book sounds interesting, read the first one first. This is not meant to be read as a stand alone-you could, I guess, but I think you would be lost in places.

Lina | 81 comments I knew from the start that i was going to like this series, the sequel never disappointed. My favourite characters will always be Thomas and Audrey. Least favourite definitely the headmaster. I don't have a favourite part of the book, because the whole book itself was fantastic, simply amazing as the first one. As for reading the next one, I am definitely going to buy a copy as soon as it arrives.

Jasmine | 5194 comments I think the sequel was better than the first. I love reading about Thomas and Audrey and appreciated their many misadventures. The incorporation of the history of both Vlad the Impaler and the Blood Countess was so well done. The descriptions of the scenery had me looking up if my timeshare has something in Romania [it doesn't :-( ]The mystery of this was undiscernable to me. I did not see the ending coming at all. I went through so many suspects, but never the one it ended up being. I can't wait to read the next one.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

When I finished the book, I never expected the actual murderer. I suspected other people and when I found out, I was super shocked. My mouth was open. I loved the series. Can't wait to see how the series plays out