The Reading Challenge Group-2018 discussion

45 views
New Members Start Here > Introduce Yourself- 2018

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Welcome To the 2018 Reading Challenge Group! Thanks for introducing yourself to the group. We value our members and look forward to discussing books and meeting others who share our love of reading. We're looking forward to getting to know you.

If you don't know where to start, feel free to answer some of these questions.

Favorite Book(s):
Favorite Book Genre:
Favorite Author:
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be:
How did you find our group?
What's your reading goal?


message 2: by Tomás (new)

Tomás Echeverri (ventanaliteraria) | 1 comments Hi. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde This is one of my favorite. I don't have a favorite autor yet. I like my country Colombia, but I would like to leave in anyplace that makes me feel well and can read the hole time. I speak Spanish, so if there is any mistake in my writings please tell me.


message 3: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Ventana wrote: "Hi. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde This is one of my favorite. I don't have a favorite autor yet. I like my country Colombia, but I would like to leave in anyplace that ma..."

Welcome to the group! We are excited for your contributions.


message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (misskremer) Hello!

A little about me:
My favorite book is Paper Towns by John Green. I like to read Young Adult/Teen Fiction.
I am an elementary teacher so I try to read some children’s fiction books (4th-6th grade material) as well.
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be somewhere tropical, though I don’t know that I could live there full time. I like my Midwest life.
I found this group from a general topic search.
I’m excited to share my favorite reads with others, as well as hear good book suggestions!


message 5: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Ashley wrote: "Hello!

A little about me:
My favorite book is Paper Towns by John Green. I like to read Young Adult/Teen Fiction.
I am an elementary teacher so I try to read some children’s fiction books (4th-6t..."


Welcome, welcome, welcome!! I am so glad that you joined our group. I am so excited for your contributions.


message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla  Amaro (kayamaro) | 2 comments Hello there!

Favorite Book(s): My two favorites are both by Markus Zusak: The Book Thief and I am the Messenger
Favorite Book Genre: I read almost everything but my favorites are Young Adult and Classics
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Italy
How did you find our group? I was browsing for a reading group and found this one
What's your reading goal? I'm aiming for 12 books this year, but I'm sure I'll end up exceeding that amount.


message 7: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Kayla wrote: "Hello there!

Favorite Book(s): My two favorites are both by Markus Zusak: The Book Thief and I am the Messenger
Favorite Book Genre: I read almost everything but my favorites are Young Adult and C..."


Welcome to the group! I am so excited for you to be here. Have fun!


message 8: by vi ♒ (new)

vi ♒ (violasreadinghabits) Hii, I'm Viola and I'm from Germany. My favorite book is Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban because I like how we learn more about the past of Harrys Parents. My favorite genre is fantasy obviously and lo ve J. K. Rowling, Rick Riordan and Cassandra Clare (Will's my baby). I'd be living in London because it's my favorite city together with my Hometown. Thus group was the first one which was suggested there. My reading goal is 150 because of school. Love, Viola


message 9: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Viola wrote: "Hii, I'm Viola and I'm from Germany. My favorite book is Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban because I like how we learn more about the past of Harrys Parents. My favorite genre is fantasy obv..."

Welcome! I absolutely love Harry Potter too. I can't wait to discuss books with you.


message 10: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Amelia wrote: "Hello! I'm Amelia (17) from Nottingham, England.
Favourite books- Jane Eyre, A Christmas Carol, Lady Chatterley's Love, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower (the first book I fell in love with)
Favo..."


Welcome to The Reading Challenge group! I want to read so many of those books. I hope we can discuss them.


message 11: by Ravian (new)

Ravian Ruys Hiya! My name is Ravian and I am from the Netherlands.
My favorite books are Master & Margharita, Norwegian Wood and The Artist of the Floating World. (but there are so many more books that I love)
My favorite author is Haruki Murakami
I'm a science journalist so I guess I read a lot of science and philosophy books, but I love to read (literary) fiction as well. In fact I'll read almost anything.
Where would I live? That's a tricky one, since I'm a bit of a nomad. But I guess I would say St. Petersburg for now.
I found this group through the reading challenge page.
My goal is to read 75 books this year.


message 12: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Ravian wrote: "Hiya! My name is Ravian and I am from the Netherlands.
My favorite books are Master & Margharita, Norwegian Wood and The Artist of the Floating World. (but there are so many more books that I love)..."


Welcome Ravian! Good luck with your reading goal. We are so excited for you to join.


message 13: by Sydney Rae (new)

Sydney Rae | 1 comments Hii everyone! I’m new to this group. My name’s Sydney, I live in Florida, and I’m an artist. I also enjoy music, being active, and reading, obviously. My favorite book is Call Me by Your Name and my reading goal is 30 books, but I’ll most likely change it to be higher.


message 14: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Sydney Rae wrote: "Hii everyone! I’m new to this group. My name’s Sydney, I live in Florida, and I’m an artist. I also enjoy music, being active, and reading, obviously. My favorite book is Call Me by Your Name and m..."

Welcome Sydney! Good luck on your reading challege! Be sure to vote for the February Book of the Month.


message 15: by Korin (new)

Korin (korinjacobs) | 3 comments Hey, so to start off I am 15, I live in the great state of Alabama, I am 1 of very few people who read for "fun" at my school, my favorite book is The Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Rangers, my favorite author is John Flanagan, my favorite genre is adventure, if I could live anywhere it would be Japan, my reading goal is 15 books, and I joined this group because I just finished a book series I have been reading for a year now and I was wondering if this group could help me discover more books and series and authors. Plus I don't know many readers so you know, it's nice to talk to fellow readers,


message 16: by Lourdes (new)

Lourdes Rivera (lrivera51670) | 1 comments Hello everyone my name is Lourdes, I live in Augusta GA. I Love to read my daughter told me about Goodreads. My favorite author is James Patterson. My favorite book is Charlotte's Web. My Reading Goal is read 50 books this year but looks like I might make that higher. I would love to go to Africa some day. I currently in another challenge to read as many Pink and purple cover books for February.


message 17: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Korin wrote: "Hey, so to start off I am 15, I live in the great state of Alabama, I am 1 of very few people who read for "fun" at my school, my favorite book is The Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Rangers, my fav..."

Welcome! We are so happy for you to join us.


message 18: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Lourdes wrote: "Hello everyone my name is Lourdes, I live in Augusta GA. I Love to read my daughter told me about Goodreads. My favorite author is James Patterson. My favorite book is Charlotte's Web. My Reading G..."

Welcome Lourdes! Good luck with your reading goal.


message 19: by Dante (new)

Dante (lasarmoon) Hi! My name is Maria and I'm 13. I live in England. I like Fanatsy, humour (or comedy), historical fiction, fiction, but I like to read something different from time to time. I recently finished reading Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur . It was my first time writing a full review for a book. I don't have a favourite book, because there's so many to choose from! My favourite authors are J.K Rowling and Roald Dahl. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would choose to either stay in England, or live in Paris. I was just scrolling around Goodreads, when I found your group. It sounded interesting, so I joined. My goal is to read 29 books, but I'm probably going to read much more, since I'm a fast reader. :)

-Maria


message 20: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneyrice) Maria wrote: "Hi! My name is Maria and I'm 13. I live in England. I like Fanatsy, humour (or comedy), historical fiction, fiction, but I like to read something different from time to time. I recently finished re..."

Welcome Maria! I hope you have a great time here


message 21: by Tracy (new)

Tracy All Harry Potter Books, The Book Thief, The Nightengale....really too many to list
I love Fiction, Specifically Historical Fiction,
Some favorites are James Patterson, Jodi Picoult, Stephen King, JK Rowling and so many more
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Vienna, Austria
I came across the reading group while perusing Good Reads
50 books in 2018. I try to read a book a week but can never seem to get 52!!


back to top

unread topics | mark unread


Books mentioned in this topic

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (other topics)
Eight Keys (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Suzanne LaFleur (other topics)