Mount TBR 2018 discussion

Level 1: Pike's Peak (12 books) > E Scales Pike's Peak

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments Going for Pike's Peak.
Because I know I get distracted by library books and other whims.
I read print, e-books and audiobooks, so all three will count.
We'll see what the year brings!

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) Good luck and hopefully we will see you on higher peaks!

message 3: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments The good news: have read a book that's been on my TBR for ages: The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin.
Highly recommend her as a writer if you are intrigued by science fiction.

Can't count it for the mountain, as it's a library book.
But pruning back my TBR is satisfying, in any case.

message 4: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments First Actually Owned Book from TBR Done!
Stunt Cat to the Stars
How's that for a title! Picked up the ARC in 2015. Giggled my way through it tonight. Would recommend to kids and other whimsical cat lovers.

message 5: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments Update: Two owned books read!Whiskey Words & a Shovel III
If you can ever really call a poetry collection read. I skipped a few poems here and there. As one does.

message 6: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments I read The Big Meow over the weekend. Been wanting to read it for ages! So that's three for Mount TBR, and it's only January. I might level up.

message 7: by E (last edited Feb 03, 2018 07:44AM) (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments Read Dead Man's Chest in January, which had been kicking around on my Kindle for eons.
And I just finished The Furthest Station on audiobook. It's short, but it took me ages to finish, because I listen to audiobooks at night, and, well, Zzzz. :-) So I kept having to restart chapters.

I've made it through 5 and it's barely February. I may yet scale loftier heights!

message 9: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments Another thing I am doing, to trim my TBR, is pruning my Goodreads list, and physical pile of books I intended to read. If I haven’t touched or thought of them in 3-4 years, time to get rid of it!...... maybe

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 109 comments That's brave of you. Me, I have books owned or just on my to read list that's been sitting for um, maybe decades. Yikes! I should get to those first, but the new books just look so good!!

Good luck in the trimming down! :-)

message 11: by E (last edited Mar 04, 2018 01:51PM) (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments And here's the seventh! Dust Bowl Girls: The Inspiring Story of the Team That Barnstormed Its Way to Basketball Glory I've had this on my Kindle as an e-galley for an embarrassingly long time.
Got my Goodreads TBR down to 245 from 300, by being honest and deleting books I'm probably never going to read, which pleases me. My goal is to stay under 250 for the year- if I want to add, some of the long-lingering have got to go. That's my plan.

message 12: by E (last edited Mar 17, 2018 06:29PM) (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments And I've read an eighth owned book: The Mysterious Disappearance of Leon I Mean Noel

message 13: by E (last edited Apr 11, 2018 12:25PM) (new)

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie E wrote: "Two more: Young Miles, by Lois McMaster Bujold
And The Royal Nanny by Karen Harper"

I love the Vorkosigan series! Hope you enjoyed Young Miles ;)

message 15: by E (last edited Apr 11, 2018 12:25PM) (new)

message 16: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments 11 is As You Wish by Chelsea Sedoti

message 17: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 41 comments 12!!! The Fifth Elephant
Which has been on my TBR and my Kindle, for ages.

So that's 12

message 18: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 109 comments Woot! Up to the next level. Good going!

message 19: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Nice job!