New Adult Book Club discussion

A Life More Complicated
This topic is about A Life More Complicated
Archived Read it Review it 2018 > #3/18 ~ A Life More Complicated by Lizzie Steel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micheala (last edited Feb 05, 2018 05:53AM) (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments #3/18
Title: A Life More Complicated
Author: Lizzie Steel
Genre: NA Fiction
Heat Level ~ Moderate
Formats ~ Mobi, Epub & Pdf
Copies ~ 25 (Sent out by NABC)
Goodreads Link ~ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Synopsis:

Order, routine, solitude; the three key elements of his peaceful, uncomplicated and safe existence.

Hopelessness, fear, domination; the three key elements to keeping her contained and captive.

Worlds collide in this story of grief, courage and discovery. Hope is a dangerous emotion and surely an impossibility for two people so far gone?

A Life More Complicated is a gritty romance set in modern day London. It follows Josh as he takes his last steps, determined to end his life. When his plan is foiled he gives himself a reprieve of a year, and a bucket list to complete. It also follows Corina, beautiful, trapped, used and abused as a sex slave caged in a brothel in Soho. Their paths cross once and they both quickly come to rely on each other, slowly and impossibly pulling the other away from the very brink of their existence.

'The noise, the smells, the bright lights were all deafening. Every part of him wanted to run, but for her he didn't. For the most beautiful woman in the world he stood amidst his worst nightmare, knowing he would do it all over again if she needed him to.'

This book is current, shining a light on the grim reality of modern day slavery. This book is real, capturing the irregular beauty of Asperger's. Finally this book is book is human, illuminating the depth and strength of peoples will to survive.

TO SIGN UP, please leave your email and what format you'd like. Please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread. If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know so we can remove your name from THE LIST. Thank You.

Reviewers:
Nicole - Nicky0909@sbcglobal.net- mobi
Felicia - phoenix.fj@gmail.com - mobi

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Nicky0909@sbcglobal.net
Mobi please

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments Mod
I would like to review this book if possible.
My email is phoenix.fj@gmail.com, mobi format please.

message 4: by Derna (new)

Derna | 5352 comments Mod
I have just sent copies out to members whose names have been added to the list. Please remember that you have until 24th January (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and post your review here. Any problems just let me know. Enjoy

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments Mod
Sorry! I reviewed this and forgot to post the link.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Thanks again