2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Cendaquenta - 100+ books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Hi! Goodreads newbie here, so first time doing the challenge, obviously. Set the challenge at 100 books as a relatively modest goal - I've been tracking my reading in a notebook for a couple years and always far exceed that.

So, yeah, looking forward to participating! :)

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ehh...100 books = modest goal?... I've set my goal for 48 books and wondering if I'll be able to reach it....

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Cendaquenta & above all I wish you a very happy reading/New Year!!

message 3: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments I am quite a speedreader! ^^'

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 5: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Blagica wrote: "Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year."

Thank you!

message 6: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments I literally forgot I had this thread. Up to 24/100 and working on the 25th, so yep, that goal is looking achievable.

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wow, you're on a roll Cendaquenta!! Will you be increasing your goal once you've reached it?

message 8: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Probably will change it to 125 or 150, yeah.

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Cendaquenta wrote: "Probably will change it to 125 or 150, yeah."

👍🏻👍🏻

message 10: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments 26/100... contemplating moving Wild Swans to the Temporary DNF shelf though, we are just proving very incompatible.

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 12: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Thank you! :) There are certainly a lot of books I'm really excited to read this month, so hopefully I'll make good progress!

message 13: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Start of April now and up to 41/100. Have tons of books lined up for April so should be halfway towards my current goal in no time. (She says, glancing at an ominous stack of doorstoppers...)

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 15: by Cendaquenta (last edited Apr 05, 2018 06:20PM) (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Blagica wrote: "A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?"

A lot of them!

The Marvels - Beneath the Sugar Sky - The Girl in The Tower - The Glass Town Game - Dreams from My Father - Sophia: Princess, Suffragette, Revolutionary and the two Virginia Woolf books I've read this year were all great. :)

Edit: Also really enjoying Alexander Hamilton.

message 16: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Guess who just hit 50 books~~~

message 17: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wow, halfway through already! Congratulations Cendaquenta! 🎉

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!

message 19: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Start of June, and I'm on 63 books. 🙂 (Reading challenge is stuck at 62, but that's because of the Date Read bug.)

message 20: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hoping July is full of page turning and falling in love with a new book!

message 21: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments I've hit 100! Will be increasing my goal to 150. :)

message 22: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Just completed my increased goal of 150! 😁🎉
Won't be upping it again - the next step would be 200 and while I theoretically could achieve that (have done, a couple of years ago) I'd rather sit back and relax than stress myself trying to reach another arbitrary goal.

message 23: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Cendaquenta wrote: "Just completed my increased goal of 150! 😁🎉
Won't be upping it again - the next step would be 200 and while I theoretically could achieve that (have done, a couple of years ago) I'd rather sit back..."

Wow, so impressive Cendaquenta! Congratulations!