Austenesque Lovers TBR Pile Challenge 2018 discussion

Y-T-D Challenge Tracker > Chelsea's 2018 Austenesque Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Chelsea (last edited Dec 06, 2018 03:20PM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments I am planning on trying to complete an ABC Challenge (were you read a title of a book that starts with a different letter of the alphabet) for Austenesque Books again this year. I did pretty good with my attempt last year even though I didn't complete it, maybe I will do better this year.

A: Amidst the Flowers (Fanfiction)
B:
C: Compromised A Pride and Prejudice Variation Novella by Cressida Lane Compromised! A Pride & Prejudice Variation by J. Dawn King Charles To Discover His Purpose (Other Pens, Mansfield Park Book 2) by Leenie Brown Coincidence by Jann Rowland Clever Compromises A Pride & Prejudice Variation Novella by April Floyd
D: Discovering Mr. Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Leenie Brown
E: Epiphany with Tea by Renata McMann
F:
G:
H: His Inconvenient Choice A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Leenie Brown Henry To Prove Himself Worthy A Mansfield Park Continuation, Episode 1 (Other Pens) by Leenie Brown
I:
J:
K:
L: Lost & Found A Pride & Prejudice Novella by Christie Capps Longbourn's Unexpected Matchmaker by Emma Hox Longbourn Dragon Entail A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 2) by Maria Grace
M: Mr. Darcy's Refuge A Pride & Prejudice Variation by Abigail Reynolds Mr. Darcy's Journey A Pride & Prejudice Variation by Abigail Reynolds Mr. Darcy's Letter A Pride & Prejudice Variation by Abigail Reynolds Mr. Darcy's Promise by Jeanna Ellsworth Mr. Darcy's Comfort A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Dash of Darcy and Companions) by Leenie Brown Master of Longbourn A Sequel to Mr. Darcy's Comfort (Dash of Darcy and Companions Collection Book 15) by Leenie Brown
N: Not an Heiress A Pride and Prejudice Novella (A Dash of Darcy Companion Story) by Leenie Brown No Other Choice A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Leenie Brown Netherfield Rogue Dragon A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 3) by Maria Grace
O: One Winter's Eve A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Darcy Family Holidays Book 2) by Leenie Brown
P: Properly Humbled by Kimberly Tee Pemberley Mr. Darcy's Dragon (Jane Austen's Dragons, #1) by Maria Grace Pirates and Prejudice by Kara Louise
Q:
R: A Ride with Mr. Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Variation by Anne-Marie Grace
S:
T: To Capture Mr. Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Variation Novel by Elizabeth Ann West Two Days Before Christmas A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Darcy Family Holidays Book 1) by Leenie Brown The Two Proposals (Fanfiction)
U: Unequal Affections A Pride and Prejudice Retelling by Lara S. Ormiston Unexpected and Highly Scandalous (Fanfiction)
V: A Very Mary Christmas A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Leenie Brown
W: When Jane Got Angry A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Victoria Kincaid Wallflower (Fanfiction)
X:
Y:
Z:

Charlotte Heywood Library Books
01.) Mr. Darcy's Refuge: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
02.) Discovering Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Read Twice)
03.) Not an Heiress: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Read Twice)
04.) Compromised: A Pride and Prejudice Variation Novella
05.) Mr. Darcy's Journey: A Pride & Prejudice Variation

Marianne Dashwood Library Books
06.) Fanfiction: Unexpected and Highly Scandalous (Read Twice)
07.) Fanfiction: Amidst the Flowers
08.) Fanfiction: Wallflower
09.) Fanfiction: The Two Proposals
10.) Mr. Darcy's Letter: A Pride & Prejudice Variation (Read Twice)

Anne Elliot Library Books
11.) A Very Mary Christmas: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Read Twice)
12.) Properly Humbled@FanFiction.net: Properly Humbled
13.) No Other Choice: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Reread after reading it last year)
14.) His Inconvenient Choice: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Read Twice)
15.) Unequal Affections: A Pride and Prejudice Retelling (Read Twice)
16.) Lost & Found: A Pride & Prejudice Novella (Read Twice)
17.) Longbourn's Unexpected Matchmaker (Read Twice)
18.) Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon
19.) Mr. Darcy's Promise (Read Twice)
20.) Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

Catherine Morland Library Books
21.) Netherfield: Rogue Dragon: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
22.) Epiphany with Tea
23.) To Capture Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation Novel (Read Twice)
24.) Compromised!: A Pride & Prejudice Variation (Read Twice)
25.) Two Days Before Christmas: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Read Twice)
26.) One Winter's Eve: A Pride and Prejudice Novella
27.) Mr. Darcy's Comfort: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Read Twice)
28.) Master of Longbourn: A Sequel to Mr. Darcy's Comfort (Read Twice)
29.) Henry: To Prove Himself Worthy: A Mansfield Park Continuation, Episode 1 (X2)
30.) Charles: To Discover His Purpose (X2)
31.) Pirates and Prejudice
32.) Coincidence (X2)
33.) Clever Compromises: A Pride & Prejudice Variation Novella
34.) When Jane Got Angry: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (X2)
35.) A Ride with Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (X2)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
41.)
42.)
43.)
44.)
45.)
46.)
47.)
48.)
49.)
50.)

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) Great idea, Chelsea! It will help you try books you might not otherwise read. Good luck with X.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Great idea!!!! Best of luck with it!!!

message 4: by Anji (new)

Anji | 291 comments What a good idea! I might just steal that if I get stuck on what to pick next.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Anji wrote: "What a good idea! I might just steal that if I get stuck on what to pick next."

I first started doing this in my manga club here on Goodreads but figures I would try it here as well. Good luck to anyone else who tries to do it.

message 6: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 18, 2018 03:22PM) (new)

message 7: by Nick (new)

Nick Imrie (nickimrie) Congrats on one down!

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Nick wrote: "Congrats on one down!"

Thanks!

message 9: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Great book to start the year with, I loved that story.

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Good luck with the alphabet thing, Chelsea. Erin's right... Mr. Darcy's Refuge: A Pride & Prejudice Variation is a great way to begin the 2018 Austenesque challenge.

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "Good luck with the alphabet thing, Chelsea. Erin's right... Mr. Darcy's Refuge: A Pride & Prejudice Variation is a great way to begin the 2018 Austenesque challenge."

It was a really fun and interesting book and I am glad that one of my libraries had it. I really like Abigail Reynolds and have a few more of her books that I haven't read yet on request from my library.

message 12: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments I would definitely encourage you to read all the Abigail Reynolds books. I loved them all, I think I have given them all 5 stars if I remember correctly. The newest was nailbitingly thrilling but I have a week spot for "the last man..." as it was really dark.

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments 4 under your belt,Chelsea! Well done!👏

message 16: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Mary wrote: "4 under your belt,Chelsea! Well done!👏"

Thanks!

message 17: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments More than 1 per week at this pace, Chelsea! Excellent!

message 18: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 22, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "More than 1 per week at this pace, Chelsea! Excellent!"

I go on kicks were I read a lot of a single genre and then I switch to another genre. Sometimes my reading kicks end because I am still waiting for the library to send me books from my request list.

These books were all also a bit shorter than a lot of books.

message 19: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments I think my shortest story was only a thousand words but who is counting 😉. Great progress 👍

message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Vaarin wrote: "I think my shortest story was only a thousand words but who is counting 😉. Great progress 👍"

I know some can be really short. I think my shortest Austenesque book was an eBook that I read last year that was only a few pages.

Now I am reading Mr. Darcy's Journey: A Pride & Prejudice Variation which is much longer than most of the others I have read this year but I love Abigail Reynolds and the copy I requested from the library finally arrived. I was about to start another book that I own but figured it can wait till later since it isn't going anywhere unlike a library book that will need to be returned.

message 22: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments I really enjoyed that one. Hope you liked it.

message 23: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "I really enjoyed that one. Hope you liked it."

It was really good and I loved Lady Matlock in this book.

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments 07.) Fanfiction: Amidst the Flowers

message 25: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Another Mary Bennet Fanfiction.
08.) Fanfiction: Wallflower

message 26: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments You're mining the Archives Of Our Own fanfiction site for Mary Bennet stories, I see! Nice!

message 27: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "You're mining the Archives Of Our Own fanfiction site for Mary Bennet stories, I see! Nice!"

Unfortunately they have been distracting me a bit from the Abigail Reynolds book I am reading as well.

message 28: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments 09.) Fanfiction: The Two Proposals

message 29: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments I looked that one over and it's interesting but seems unfinished. Maybe the author was aiming for a "Lady or the Tiger" conclusion on purpose, but it still bugged me. No idea who to root for without knowing what kept James silent for so long... and he put a marriage proposal in a letter?? What's up with that? I want answers, dammit!!

message 30: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "I looked that one over and it's interesting but seems unfinished. Maybe the author was aiming for a "Lady or the Tiger" conclusion on purpose, but it still bugged me. No idea who to root for without knowing what kept James silent for so long... and he put a marriage proposal in a letter?? What's up with that? I want answers, dammit!!"

I agree that it seemed unfinished and left more questions than answers as well as an uncertainty as to who to be rooting for.

message 32: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments I've read that one 3 times, but the most recent was more than 2 years ago. Love all Abigail Reynolds' books. The lady knows how to write great P&P variations! Glad you liked it.

message 33: by Chelsea (last edited Feb 17, 2018 11:27PM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "I've read that one 3 times, but the most recent was more than 2 years ago. Love all Abigail Reynolds' books. The lady knows how to write great P&P variations! Glad you liked it."

I have actually read it twice this year. Once for me and a second time out loud to my mom since she loves P&P variations as well but can only read books in large print and this one sounded like one she would enjoy. This way we both get to share the book and discuss it.

message 34: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments It's really nice that you share that experience with her!

message 35: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "It's really nice that you share that experience with her!"

Its fun to discuss books and share which scenes are your favorites and what aspects you enjoyed and this is a good way to do that. She read to me when I was little so now its my turn.

message 36: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments I finally got around to reading my first book in Anne Elliot's Library
11.) A Very Mary Christmas: A Pride and Prejudice Novella

message 37: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Congratulations on your advancement into Anne Elliott's library🤗

message 38: by Debbie (last edited Mar 24, 2018 07:03AM) (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Did you read this one to your mom, too, Chelsea? 😏

message 39: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments Debbie wrote: "Did you read this one to your mom, too, Chelsea? 😏"

Yes, so I technically read it twice this month. It was really cute though so I enjoyed it just as much the second time, some parts even more since I knew how it was going to turn out.

message 40: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Oh, excellent!

message 42: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments I have returned to Leenie Brown's Choices Series

13.) No Other Choice: A Pride and Prejudice Novella (Reread after reading it last year)

message 45: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Looks like you're really enjoying your Leenie Brown fest, Chelsea! Nice!

message 47: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 282 comments 17.) Longbourn's Unexpected Matchmaker (Read Twice)

I really enjoyed this book and would have liked to read more by this author.

message 48: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments 😀

message 50: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Glad you entered the world of Pride and Prejudice dragons, Chelsea! Hope you enjoy the rest of the series, too.

« previous 1