Ticket to Read Book Challenge 2018 discussion

A6. Should be a movie > The Diplomat’s Daughter by Karin Tanabe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 3 comments Really liked this one. My mom was reading it for her book group so I picked it up while visiting. Story follows 3 teen-20somethings of different nationalities during WW2. Could totally see this being made into a movie.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Manzanares | 73 comments Mod
Sounds interesting. Adding it to my to-read list.

message 3: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (betsywuebker) | 27 comments Mod
Chris wrote: "Really liked this one. My mom was reading it for her book group so I picked it up while visiting. Story follows 3 teen-20somethings of different nationalities during WW2. Could totally see this bei..." I wondered about this one and am happy to have a recommendation for it. Put it in my "to read" list!

message 4: by Bonnie (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:49PM) (new)

Bonnie (bonbayel) | 48 comments I enjoyed this book. I discovered it accidentally while reading a magazine I never read! I've been reading a lot of books about WWII recently for some reason. It's already 2 years after the 80th anniversary of the end, but that seems to have inspired a lot of grandchildren to write about it! I've now sent it on to my daughter. If I didn't have such a big stack of books waiting (as well as the next I'm reading for this on my Kindle) I'd buy her new book.)

All three of the kids in the story were from very privileged backgrounds. And all end up in some very difficult situations, which makes the story more interesting. But when it started with all these rich kids I was a little put off.

message 5: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (betsywuebker) | 27 comments Mod
Bonnie wrote: "I enjoyed this book. I discovered it accidentally while reading a magazine I never read! I've been reading a lot of books about WWII recently for some reason. It's already 2 years after the 80th an..." I wanted to participate in this challenge primarily because I felt I was in a WWII genre rut. But I can't stop! LOL