♡YA Book Club♡ discussion

Turtles All the Way Down
This topic is about Turtles All the Way Down
Book of the Month! > Book of the Month: January 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin, ♡Your Faithful Dragon Slayer♡ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Bembridge  (erinbelizabeth1) | 188 comments Mod
Hello my friends! Let's get this year started off right with a book by John Green! I cannot wait to read this and hear what you guys think!

Warda (wsharif) I'm so excited to get started on this book! It sounds like an amazing book! 😄

message 3: by Erin, ♡Your Faithful Dragon Slayer♡ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I’m really excited as well! I have been wanting to read this for a while now:)

Kayla (kaybrenae) | 10 comments IT’S SO GOOD!!

Francesca | 3 comments Currently almost finished!! Started a little early because i just couldn't wait to read it. AMAZING is all i have to say. Love the characters and just EVERYTHING. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as i did.

Kayla (kaybrenae) | 10 comments I have heard a lot of people complain about the main plot regarding the missing billionaire and say it is unnecessary to the book. I think they are missing the point. John Green is comparing anxiety and money. He is using something common that mostly everyone experiences, the need for money and the role it plays in our lives, to try and help us better understand something that not everyone experiences, extreme and disabling anxiety.

message 7: by Erin, ♡Your Faithful Dragon Slayer♡ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I’m glad you guys liked it! I’m ordering my copy soon! :))

Kristen Patterson So I just finished the book. I am glad I picked it up. This was my first John Green book and to me his writing just flowed. I had to keep putting it down to having things to do in real life, but I really didn't want to and was excited when I got to pick it back up again.

I agree with some people that Daisy was too much but at the same time in real life there are people like that. I was a little sad for the "end" of Davis and Aza but realistically that's how it would go in real life. I think sometimes others and myself get caught up in the fact that its a story so we expect the happily ever after. But like Aza says there is no ever after, the story keeps going until you die. I think Green did well with how he ended it.

message 9: by Erin, ♡Your Faithful Dragon Slayer♡ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just got my copy and I cannot wait to read this! As soon as I’m all moved in my house !