Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Carol's December 2017 Reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7914 comments The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter . The Good DaughterKarin Slaughter. Read by Kathleen Early. 5/5

Well-told tale of sisters who survive a horrific attack as young girls, and whose lives have taken very different turns. They are drawn back together when the younger sister, now grown, finds herself in the middle of a school shooting. I found one of the sisters to be a real PIA, but I got caught up in the story and couldn’t put it down. I thought I was tired of flashback-driven stories but this one had a kick.

The Midnight Line (Jack Reacher, #22) by Lee Child The Midnight Line. Lee Child. Read by Dick Hill. 4/5

Reacher happens upon a West Point class ring in a pawn shop and sets out to find out who the owner was and what would possess her to want to pawn the ring. This quest leads him to the usual cast of characters including villains, cops and this time others who want answers for their own reasons. Well read by Dick Hill despite his struggle with female voices.

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2998 comments Slaughter is the best at PIA characters.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Barry: Lena!
Barry wrote: "Slaughter is the best at PIA characters."

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Carol: I let due dates dictate and selected The Midnight Line as my next audio. I've got Dick Hill going with the play back speed at 1.5 speed. :)
I also really enjoyed The Good Daughter.

message 5: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1201 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter. The Good DaughterKarin Slaughter. Read by Kathleen Early. 5/5

Well-told tale of sisters who survive a horrific attack as young girls."

I thought this was really good too and I even liked both daughters and Rusty.