Challenge Corner discussion

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
This topic is about The Cruel Prince
Book of the Month Archives! > January Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Felicia | 14798 comments Mod
Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.

And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.

Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.

To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.

In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments 9% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments 32% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments 52% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments Is anyone else not liking Jude's character at all? I don't know what it is exactly, but I just cannot connect with her a bit. =/

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments 79% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments Vivi said to Jude, "You fit in better here [in Faerie] than I do but I bet it cost you something." I think this line sums up the entire book. =P

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Started this last night. The prologue was very intense.
Quick question: was chapter 1 really one phrase? I was a bit shocked about it! LOL

message 10: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm hoping to get this one in the next few days Laura. Maybe you'll still be reading when I start. :D

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Felicia wrote: "I'm hoping to get this one in the next few days Laura. Maybe you'll still be reading when I start. :D"

Yeah! : )
It will probably take me a week to finish it. Started working again after the winter holidays so no more reading marathons in bed : (

message 12: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "I'm hoping to get this one in the next few days Laura. Maybe you'll still be reading when I start. :D"

Yeah! : )
It will probably take me a week to finish it. Started working agai..."

Lol. I hear ya! I am hoping this book comes in my January book box. If not, I'm gonna go out any buy it. (:

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Started this last night. The prologue was very intense.
Quick question: was chapter 1 really one phrase? I was a bit shocked about it! LOL"

I was really shocked by that first chapter as well. =P

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Chapter 1-5
(view spoiler)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Did not know this was the book of the month! I will have to join in on the discussion as I read this earlier this month.

message 16: by Laura (acquariusgb) (last edited Jan 21, 2018 07:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments I'm really enjoying this book. it does look like a game of thrones in the Fae world.

Chapters 6-10
(view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Chapter 1-5
[spoilers removed]"

Ooh, I can definitely see that. =]

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1811 comments Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "I'm really enjoying this book. it does look like a game of thrones in the Fae world.

Chapters 6-10
chapter 6 was heartbreaking, It must have been terrifying growing up in that world.
Jude is grea..."

I loved the tournament scene!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Chapters 11-16
(view spoiler)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Vanessa wrote: "Is anyone else not liking Jude's character at all? I don't know what it is exactly, but I just cannot connect with her a bit. =/"

I think it's a bit like the character has been built. I think she's in survival mode and a bit distant. A bit like Katniss from the Hunger Games.
That's why I don't agree with some things in the plot. It doesn't seem to fit her character or at least that's my view.

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments (view spoiler)

message 22: by Laura (acquariusgb) (last edited Jan 27, 2018 01:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments THE END
(view spoiler)

message 23: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Starting this one now. A little late to the party. ☺️ Page 26.
(view spoiler)

message 24: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Page 66.
(view spoiler)

message 25: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Page 111.
(view spoiler)

message 26: by si ( ◠‿◠ ) (last edited Jan 29, 2018 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments I started last night!! Only 11 pages in but I think it's safe to say I'm in love??? Really hoping I can read this one by the night of the 31st so it still counts 😂

message 27: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sierra wrote: "I started last night!! Only 11 pages in but I think it's safe to say I'm in love??? Really hoping I can read this one by the night of the 31st so it still counts 😂"

I am loving this one so far! I'm so glad you're reading it with me! :D

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments Felicia wrote: "Sierra wrote: "I started last night!! Only 11 pages in but I think it's safe to say I'm in love??? Really hoping I can read this one by the night of the 31st so it still counts 😂"

I am loving this..."

Me too!! I'll be reading a bit more this afternoon on my break, and tonight before I go to sleep I'll have some time. Hoping to get to 100 today...

message 29: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

It's so good. And I am loving Jude so far. She isn't quite what I like in a heroine. But I think she'll get there. (:

message 30: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Just finished chapter 12. (view spoiler)

message 31: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Jan 30, 2018 08:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Just finished book 1.
(view spoiler)

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments Page 88.... Holy moly I'm LOVING this. Some thoughts so far:

(view spoiler)

I'm off after 3 tomorrow so I'm hoping I can finish the whole thing. *fingers crossed*

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments Felicia wrote: "Just finished chapter 12. [spoilers removed]"

Dude. I was surprised too. It makes perfect sense and it made me so sad. 😭

message 34: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

When reading about where they are walking to and from (school, the palace, etc.) are you as confused as me?! I for awhile owuld flip back to the map in the front of the book and try to figure out where they were walking. But it was just so confusing. -.-

message 35: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Page 307(view spoiler)

message 36: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finished and holy shit man was it good!
(view spoiler)

Sierra, let me know in message or on Insta what you thought of this book, in case you don't finish it tonight for the BOTM points. I NEED to know what you think! :D

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments Felicia wrote: "When reading about where they are walking to and from (school, the palace, etc.) are you as confused as me?! I for awhile owuld flip back to the map in the front of the book and try to figure out w..."

I wasn't really confused because it all seemed like it was supposed to be whimsical and strange. My brain just kind of went with it. XD

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments Felicia wrote: "Finished and holy shit man was it good!
I don't even know what to say! This book was wild and crazy!!

It was so damn good. I actually gave this book my longest (I think) review on Goodreads thus f..."

AAAH I'm trying my best. I think I have too many pages left and I have to sleep becasue I have to get up in 7 hrs. 😭 But I will DM you for sure!

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments Finished Chaper 17.

(view spoiler)

message 40: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sierra wrote: "Finished Chaper 17.

[spoilers removed]"

I know right! That was so unexpected. But I mean (view spoiler) I can't wait for you to find out who her secret man is! I was surprised who it was but not at the same time. But you'll understand what I mean when you get there. :D

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 547 comments Felicia wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Finished Chaper 17.

[spoilers removed]"

I know right! That was so unexpected. But I mean [spoilers removed] I can't wait for you to find out who her secret man is! I was surprised ..."

OMG! I'm so excited!!

And I totally agree, it was very understandable, just unexpected and depressing 😭