Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2018 Level 2 (Investigator) > Cat's 2018 Cozy Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat Tutt (cattutt) | 16 comments I'm doing Option B, so I"m going to put a list of the categories at the bottom of this post so I can check them off as I go. I'll be starting my first one tonight, just have to choose which one it will be!

B) Read one book from these sub-genres:

- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 239 comments My first one of the year will be A Disguise to Die For...because it's a hold over from last year! 😉
Have fun!

Donna (weegraydog) (weegraydog) | 561 comments Happy New Year, Cat, and have fun with your challenge!

message 4: by Cat (new)

Cat Tutt (cattutt) | 16 comments Thank you Susie and Donna!

I'm ready to start book #1... Murder, She Barked

This one will meet the animal related quota, and I've been dying to start this series for ages!

message 5: by Cat (last edited Jan 29, 2018 05:05PM) (new)

Cat Tutt (cattutt) | 16 comments 1) One from culinary: Murder for Two by Louise Lynn and Nora Winters
2) One from animal related: Murder, She Barked by Krista Davis
3) One from craft related:
4) One from Paranormal: Crime and Poetry by Amanda Flower
5) One from outside the US: Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse by Sherri Bryan
6) One career-based cozy: Death Crashes the Party by Vickie Fee
7) One holiday based: Not a Creature Was Purring by Krista Davis
8) One travel mystery: The Bitter Taste of Betrayal by CeeCee James
9) One historical mystery:
10) One is your choice! (freebie!): The Secret, Book and Scone Society by Ellery Adams
Now read 10 more books of your choice:
11) The Ghost and Mrs. Mewer by Krista Davis
12) Murder Most Howl by Krista Davis
13) Mission Impawsible by Krista Davis
14) Cherry Pie Or Die by CeeCee James
15) Prose and Cons by Amanda Flower
16) Cookies and Scream by CeeCee James
17) Bless Her Dead Little Heart by Miranda James
18) Dead with the Wind by Miranda James
19) Digging Up the Dirt by Miranda James
20)

message 6: by Cat (new)

Cat Tutt (cattutt) | 16 comments Thus far this year I'm reading Krista Davis's Paws and Claws series and loving it!

message 7: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Cat wrote: "Thus far this year I'm reading Krista Davis's Paws and Claws series and loving it!"

Glad to hear. Love animal ones.

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) | 34 comments Cat wrote: "Thus far this year I'm reading Krista Davis's Paws and Claws series and loving it!"

That is a great series!!

message 9: by Cat (new)

Cat Tutt (cattutt) | 16 comments Ashley wrote: "Cat wrote: "Thus far this year I'm reading Krista Davis's Paws and Claws series and loving it!"

That is a great series!!"

It is! I loved it and I'm so sad I'm finished with it until the next one comes out. :-(

message 10: by Susie (new)

Susie | 239 comments I put Murder, She Barked on my tbr...looks right up my alley!

message 11: by Cat (new)

Cat Tutt (cattutt) | 16 comments Susie wrote: "I put Murder, She Barked on my tbr...looks right up my alley!"

I can't recommend it enough! Wagtail is one of the most fun cozy towns I've ever visited. I hope you love it as much as I did!