Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > January - February 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, January 1, 2018

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Every year on the first day of the year people all over the world make declarations or resolutions to change bad habits for good ones. This year instead of resolutions to change yourself, make a commitment to Christ Jesus. Commit yourself to a new life in the Lord. if you have already made this commitment, then strengthen it. Read the Bible, pray, sing songs of praise, and most of all, witness to those around you.

Matthew 28: 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Reach out to the people around you. Do the work that Christ has assigned to you. Be the tool that the Holy Spirit uses to work in others.

This year 2018 is the year that we as Christians will make a difference. We will refuse to sit quietly while the world around us crumbles. This year we will stand up and stand firm in the Lord!

Philippians 1:27 Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,

May the year be full of joy, and may you always walk in the Light of Jesus Christ.
United in Christ

message 2: by Ibiloye (new)

Ibiloye Christian | 10 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, January 1, 2018

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Every year on the first day of the year peop..."

Amen. May we continue to unite in Christ, in whose sufficiency we are also sufficient. Philippians 4:13

message 3: by Ibiloye (new)

Ibiloye Christian | 10 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, January 1, 2018

Every year on the first day of the year peop..."

Amen. May we continue to unite in Christ, in whose sufficiency we are also sufficient. Philippians 4:13

message 4: by Dane (last edited Jan 03, 2018 01:27AM) (new)

Dane Miller Wednesday Devotional: Lord, Why One More Year?

It’s a New Year and typically most individuals tend to reflect and evaluate the previous year while making goals and plans for the coming. In terms of reflection, each person processes and reflects on the year gone by differently. Me for instance, I always look back and think about all the persons who died and are no longer with us. I ask myself, why did God take that person’s life and spare mines? They were the same age as me and in some cases younger than me. Yet still I am in the Land of the Living, but they are gone? In some cases, I am sure I was even more disobedient than them, yet here I stand. What did I do to receive God’s mercy and grace to retain this breath of life?

With this backdrop in mind I would like to title today’s blog post – Lord, Why One More Year?

Main Scripture:

Luke 13:6-9 (NIV) 6 Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. 7 So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’8 “‘Sir,’ the man replied, leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. 9 If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’

This parable depicts the owner of the vineyard as God and us as the tree. So, if you were the owner of this vineyard what would you do with this tree? Would you cut it down if year after year no fruit was being produced? I think most of us would cut it down and very quickly to. But our God is rich in grace and mercy towards us.

This extension of life has been granted for one sole purpose. It is for us to bring forth fruit! Everyone must bring forth fruit in their measure else they run the risk of being cut off from this life. In the coming year God will be doing his part by tilling our soil and adding the spiritual fertilizer around us. It is now up to us to do our part and soak in as much of the heavenly nutrients as possible to produce much fruit (Matthew 3:8, Luke 12:48).

Our spiritual Return on Investment (ROI) is so important to God He warns us twice in this piece of passage. Once by saying if we don’t bear fruit after given an additional chance He will cut us down (v9). It was also alluded to in the preceding verses of Luke 13: 1-5. In fact, from Luke 13:1 straight until verse 9 Jesus was addressing the same topic with the same audience.

Luke 13:1-5 (NIV)1 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Jesus started this conversation of why He was granting one more year of life by looking at all those who died previously. He was telling the Jews, “you are looking at those who died gruesomely and believing they were more sinful than others”. Jesus was advising that they stop thinking this way. Sin is sin and there are no levels of it in His eyes because all leads to death. Therefore, stop sinning and repent and become productive in the kingdom of God, else you will be cut down. This might be a hard saying but it is all true. In another scripture it even mentions if we are lukewarm God will take action against us.

Revelation 3:15-16 (NIV) 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

But today fellow believers is not about ‘doom and gloom’ but being cognizant of all scripture and embracing it for our benefit. If we forget the things of the past and press hard (Philippians 3:13-14) into 2018 I have no doubt that all of us will be able to complete our heavenly assignments and be fruitful. Therefore, let’s rejoice in this moment and sing praises to our God. He has kept us alive by His loving-kindness to bring honor to His Mighty name. Hallelujah!!

Let this year be the year of bringing forth fruit - financial, emotional (Love, Mercy, Forgiveness) and above all spiritual.

Note: As a follow on to this post please also read : Lord Show Me My Works

Your Brother and Servant in the Lord

Dane A. Miller 

message 5: by C. (last edited Jan 06, 2018 08:15PM) (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Beware of False Prophets!

Devotional for Friday ~ 5-6 January 2018 / 19-20 Tevet 5778
1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;"

Matthew 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

I don’t think there is any doubt among those who are watching that we are living in the “latter times.” Jesus even warned His disciples in His day, "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Matthew 24:4b-5

I used to believe, in my youthful ignorance, that if someone claimed to be a Christian, I would not even question their profession, but according to God’s word, as Real Christians, we must test all things by the word of God, as we are led by the Spirit of God.
1 John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

I was once deceived in a major way many years ago, and the only reason why I am still standing is because I truly loved God back then, and I still do today! I know that I am not beyond being deceived should I allow the sin of pride and self-righteousness to creep back into my life, and I earnestly pray that I won’t ever allow that to happen again!
1 Corinthians 10:12 "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

The Scriptures reveal that the "final days" will be marked by great deception, even among the "elect" or chosen of God. This is why we, as Christians, must remain vigilant and keep a check on our hearts and our true intentions. And realize that only the incorruptible Word of God can expose "the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Sadly, there are those who hate God, and love their sin and unrighteousness; and for those who have totally rejected God and His truth, He will allow them to believe the lies and live out their wickedness unto their own damnation.
2 Thessalonians 2:10 “And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

For those who truly love God, and desire to walk in His truth, God will do whatever it takes to get through to us if we are innocently believing the lies and deceptions of the Devil. I am just so thankful for God’s grace, mercy, forgiveness, and long-suffering until we get there!

Soon before Jesus was crucified, Peter begged Him not to go to Jerusalem because he knew it would be the death of Him. But had Peter known, and understood the TRUTH, that he was actually listening to the Devil at that moment, he would not have tried to stop Jesus from fulfilling prophecy.
Mark 8:31-33 “And He [Jesus] began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And He spake that saying openly.

And Peter took Him, and began to rebuke Him. But when He had turned about and looked on His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind Me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.”

Peter was no match against the Devil, and neither are we! But Peter was still trusting in himself, rather than fully trusting His Saviour, and because Peter did not understand how weak he was without Christ, he was able to deny the LORD, just like Jesus said he would. Undoubtedly, Peter was very deceived in his thinking, but there is no denying his great love for Jesus!

If you are of the opinion that a person can't be deceived unless they want to be, as some people claim, then I say YOU are deceived. But I won’t say your love for God is not true, as a man once said to me. To be deceived is not the sin, but it is if you hold onto the lie after you know the truth in your heart.

For those of us who truly love God, and His Truth, God WILL expose the lies and deceptions that Satan and his evil workers try to lead God’s people into believing. And for those who are in Satan's web of deception, please realize that only the truth of God's Word, not men's opinions, will set them free!

Only those men and women who have God’s Holy Spirit residing within them will know God’s wisdom, and have accurate judgement. And true faith in Jesus Christ is vital in order to be able to “discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not.”

Christians can be susceptible to an evil influence, if they have a divided heart, or if they value the words of men over the word of God. And what is even worse is if a Christian falls under the evil influence of those who serve the Devil, but claim to be of God. That is a very dangerous place indeed, but I see that many well meaning Christians are in the very place that I used to be!
2 Corinthians 11:13-15 "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

I was a target of the Devil, mainly because of my genuine love for the LORD, and my desire to worship God in Spirit and in Truth. And because I fully trusted those who falsely claimed to be "Christians," I was adversely affected and greatly misled by their false teachings. That is, until God rescued me!

Even when I was walking with the Enemy, my love for God was growing stronger every day because my love for Him was true from the very beginning. And when I look back on that time, and see what God did for me, in spite of what the Devil intended, I have such an overwhelming love and gratitude in my heart for God. And I believe I always will!

The more I know God through His word, by prayer, and by His Spirit, the more I love Him. The more I love God, the more I want to please Him. And as I continue to experience God's love and grace in my life, my love for God, His dear Son, and His people grows stronger. I pray that is your testimony too!
1 John 4:19 "We love Him, because He first loved us."

One last passage that I hope you will ponder:
1 Peter 1:17-25 "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Who by Him do believe in God, that raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you."

I pray that you will earnestly seek God and ask Him to show you any area in your life that is contrary to God's word and is not pleasing to Him. And may you be willing to repent of any sin that He brings to your attention, and forsake anything that is not of Him! God bless and keep you and your loved ones as you walk with the LORD God in the True Light of His word!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, January 8

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

God promises to be with us when we gather in prayer. Many people take this to mean that their prayers are guaranteed to be answered. But God never promised to answer every prayer with the answer we want. God isn't a genie that grants wishes. He is our Heavenly Father and He knows what we do and do not need better than we do.

In the past, I have prayed for things that have not happened. Very many of these things would have drastically changed my life if God had granted them. Many times, I have prayed for something that didn't happen until years later.

Do you pay attention? Do you remember the prayers that seem to go unanswered? Do you know that they have been answered when it happens years later or have you forgotten that you even asked for it in prayer? Do you remember to thank God for the prayers that have been answered? Do you thank Him for the ones that He didn't give, the ones that would have changed your life into something that you could not recognize as your life?

Many sci-fi movies and tv shows have parallel universes in which the characters are living totally different lives because of one choice made at a crucial time. Look back on your life and try to see what your life would be like if God had answered some of your prayers in the way you wanted when you were young? Would you be rich and famous? How would you handle that? Would you have dated someone else and maybe married them? What is that person like today? How would it have changed your life? How would the lives of the people around you be changed if your prayers had been answered differently? Would your children still be born? Would you still have been in the right place at the right time to witness to someone? Save someone's life? Would you make someone's day because you praised them when nobody else did?
Every day we make choices and ask God for something in prayer. Do you ever think how God's answer will affect other people?

Spend time this week reflecting on your life and the prayers you have prayed and the times you have felt dejected because of unanswered prayers. Thank God for the Blessings you have received because of those unanswered prayers.

I know that some unanswered prayers don't seem to bless anyone but God sees people that blend into the background of our lives and how those unanswered prayers may change their lives. Remember lost loved ones cause us to go places and do things that we wouldn't do if that person was still with us. When we go to these new places, we meet new people and just maybe that is where God needs us to be.

message 7: by Dane (last edited Jan 09, 2018 11:51PM) (new)

Dane Miller Wednesday Devotional: The Fruit Within

“Anybody can count the number of seeds in an apple but only God can count the number of apples in a seed”. – Robert H. Schuller

What a wonderful quote from Robert Schuller. Upon first reading this I was like, wow, this is so true. Our God not only produces the apple, but He knows how many trees and apples can be produced from one seed. Similarly, God has created us, and He knows what fruit can be produced from within.

Since the foundation of the world God’s mandate was for His people to be fruitful, increase/multiply and rule (Genesis 1:28). God wants us to lead and be successful in all things and this same theme can be found throughout the bible.

Fruit of your Hands : Deuteronomy 28:8 (KJV) 8 The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Fruit of your Children: Psalms 112:1-2 (KJV) Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. 2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

There are all forms of God given potential hidden within ALL of us that is just waiting to be birthed. But sometimes we fear and doubt that we can amount to anything in life and believe that our goals are unachievable. We trust in our inner voices of our frail human frame which says, “You will never be able to do that”. Instead of believing the supreme God which says:

Philippians 4:13 (KJV) 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

God doesn’t just want us to get by in life. He wants us to abound and be blessed in everything we do and part of being blessed is bringing forth boundless fruit in all forms. So, don’t limit yourself by settling to be ordinary and average. Remember we have access to the God who owns everything (Psalm 24:1) and being a child of God means what God has also belongs to us.

There are many fruits to be birthed from our hands:

1 - Fruits of financial wealth to bless us and our family and God’s Kingdom.
2 - Fruits of business to leave a legacy for our family and create employment for others.
3 - Fruits of Godly offspring to bring us joy and fulfillment and establish a Godly Heritage (Psalm 127:3).
4 - Fruits of musical talents and abilities to bless the hearts of others and to bring praise and Glory to God.
5 - And above all the fruit of the spirit to transform lives and the edification of the body of Christ.

We have greatness bottled up inside that needs to come out. Therefore, don’t feel discouraged by naysayers, or individuals who speak words to sap your God given potential. I say again don't let them discourage you. For they only see what is outside of you while God sees and knows the deep and hidden things within. That’s why they will forever see seeds, while God only sees vineyards. Today I pray that you see it as how Gods sees it.

Our God specializes in taking simple things, things that others would have cast aside or not even considered and transform them to bless others. Remember how Jesus turned water into wine (John 2:1-11), how five thousand were fed using only 5 loaves and 2 fishes (Matthew 14:13-21), how David went from a Shepard boy to be a king, or how Joseph was transformed from a slave to the second highest office in all of Egypt?

Psalms 113:7-8 (KJV) He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill; 8 That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.

The Heavenly Father clearly knows what we can become. He is just waiting on our obedience and faith to showcase our talent/ability/gifting’s to the world for His glory. Remember, we are with God and God is with us; and that is all that is necessary to cause us to reach our potential.

Now be steadfast and let the labor pains begin and allow God to birth the fruit which He has placed in you since the foundation of the world.

Prayer: Lord, today I pray that the eyes of your people are opened to the greatness you have deposited inside of them. I pray that they are no longer fearful, doubtful or feel insufficient in any way. My God, let them remember that the righteous are bold like a lion and anything we put our hands to do will prosper. I come against any plan of the enemy which will seek to destroy them and what you would like them to achieve. We declare that potential and great fruit will come forth. In Jesus name, Amen.

So, let’s pray for fruit my friends, but make sure we do the work of also planting seeds.

Quote: “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you sow” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Note: Ideally, I would have liked to title this blog entry “The Fruit Within & The Foe Without”. But for brevity I split the entries into two. To read the blog "The Foe Without” click here: The Foe Without.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, January 15

Proverbs 3:1-2
My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments; For length of days and years of life And peace they will add to you.

Psalm 90:10
As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, Or if due to strength, eighty years, Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; For soon it is gone and we fly away.

James 4:14-15
Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that."

As I sit here in front of the computer preparing for this devotion, the clock on my desk is ticking loudly. It reminds me that every moment that goes by may be my last. Are you aware of how much time you waste each day? Week? Month? Year?
We sit in front of the t.v. or computer for hours each day, yet what have we accomplished? Are you making a difference in the lives of others? I hope that I am in this moment, but most of my time on the computer is simply wasting time and accomplishing nothing. I am very fortunate to have choices with what I do with my day. Most days I waste more time than I like to admit. I raised my children and now I spend my days going from one reorganization project to the next and never really finishing anything. I pat myself on the back for donating the clothes, toys, books etc that we no longer use but the truth is ... they were in the way.
I spent 28 years raising my children and being available to take them to after school activities. All the ball games, bake sales, boy scouts, volunteer hours at school have come to an end. What did I really accomplish with all of that? I hope that I showed my children and their friends and classmates that they are worthy of my time. I hope that I made a difference in their lives. I hope that I showed them that even the smallest person is deserving of attention and kindness. That is what God shows us each and every day.
Be aware of how much time you waste each day. Try to do something that will make a difference in someone's life. Remember even the smallest act of kindness, a smile, opening a door, saying thank you, can make a difference.
This week pray for those forgotten people in your town. Take time to smile and say thank you. Donate something you don't need anymore. Be the tool that God uses to change a bad day into a good day for someone who's path you cross.

May God's Grace be on you and May the Light of Jesus shine through you.
God Bless

message 9: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, January 15

May God's Grace be on you and May the Light of Jesus shine through you.."

Rita Faye, I liked your devotional...

Something to think about!

You know, there is only one "True Light," but so many "false lights," and only the true Christ can give us the ability to see the truth! I pray that this Real Christian community can be a place where the Light of Christ can shine brightly among us in order to expose the darkness of the anti-Christ and his false teachings!

You are in my prayers! Take care!
C. Read

message 10: by Dane (new)

Dane Miller Guys sorry for not posting my Wednesday devotion. I started a new job this week and you know how that can be...

Nevertheless, I had a devotional ready but in my spirit I felt God did not want me to post it now. Instead He wanted me to write on love. For me it is not just about writing a good devotional but also making sure the timing is right to share it. So I will hold back the one I had planned in order to make sure God's desires are placed above mines.

As elements from the famous quote from Bill Hybels indicate,

“If the request is wrong, God says, No. If the timing is wrong, God says, Slow. If you are wrong, God says, Grow. But if the request is right, the timing is right and you are right, God says, Go!”

I will try and complete it by this weekend if not stay tuned for next Wednesday.

Dane

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

C. wrote: "Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, January 15

May God's Grace be on you and May the Light of Jesus shine through you.."

Rita Faye, I liked your devotional...

Something to think about!

You know, there i..."

Thank you C

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Dane wrote: "Guys sorry for not posting my Wednesday devotion. I started a new job this week and you know how that can be...

Nevertheless, I had a devotional ready but in my spirit I felt God did not want me ..."

Dane, May God bless you in your new job and may you be a blessing to others. We understand about the devotion. Follow God's timing even if it means posting your devotion on a different day. God bless you

message 13: by Aerykah (last edited Jan 19, 2018 09:27AM) (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Hey, everyone! I'm going to try typing up a comment then just paste it & post it really fast as soon as my internet decides to function properly. Here's hoping it actually posts the comment this time... 😑
I've tried to send a group message, but haven't gotten one to go through yet. There has been construction on our road that's been affecting water, electricity, phone... and internet, of course, which we already have issues with out where we live. So I've only been getting on Goodreads in very short bursts & not doing much when I am on here.
Anyway... Thank you all so much for keeping on with the devotions! And thank you, Rita, for starting a new thread for January! Y'all are AMAZING!! ❤
I'm hoping things will get back to normal soon, but I think this is going to be a pretty long construction project so... I really don't know.

If y'all could just shoot me a message sometime, letting me know if you're interested in continuing to share devotions in February, that would be fantastic! I do get my GR messages in my email which is easy to check on my phone so I will see them even if you don't hear back from me right away.

Also, I haven't been able to send out an update on Austin Benefiel. From what I've seen, he seems to be really improving, but I'll put together an update & try to send it out soon.

God bless you all!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Aerykah
We miss you. I plan to continue devotions for Febraury. Happy Austin is improving.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2018 02:11PM) (new)

Monday, January 22, 2018

Psalm 103:8-12 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will He harbor His anger forever; He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the Heavens are above the earth, so great is His Love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Have you ever read Psalm 103? Have you ever really thought about what it means? “The LORD will not harbor His anger forever”, we use “forever” all the time and out of context so we may not really know what it means.

Definition: Lasting for an endless period of time; continually; incessantly; always; without ever ending; eternally.

I am very grateful that The LORD’s anger does not last forever.

“Treat us as our sins deserve”, can you imagine the suffering we would all go through if The LORD treated us as we deserved? Thankfully, He is a merciful God and has made a way for us to be
delivered from an eternity of rightfully paying for our sins.

“For as high as the Heavens are above the earth, so great is His Love”. Nobody really knows how far away heaven is. Scientist say that the farthest thing seen is approximately 13 billion miles away. Since God is outside time and space, we have no way of knowing how much farther away the Heavens are located.

“as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us”. Most people think of east and west as only on the earth. This sometimes causes confusion because we live on a sphere. Have you ever thought about the farthest east and west of the universe? How does 27 billion miles sound? Scientist say that the universe is always expanding, that means that the LORD is always moving our sins farther away from us. Think about it. Today ours sins are farther away from us than they
were yesterday.

Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, Am He who blots out your transgressions, for My Own Sake, and remembers your sins no more.”

The LORD not only forgives our sins, He forgets them. He also removes them from us so that we may forget them. Isn’t the LORD Amazing!

(Note: the distance of the universe may be different from the numbers I used. I looked at several websites and used the numbers that seemed least confusing. Some sites uses light years instead of miles. Some had greater distances or complicated formulas. The distance I used seemed to be conservative. If I have made a mistake in the numbers I used, I apologize. Regardless of the accuracy of the numbers I used, I believe the message is unchanged)
p.s. Some of this devotion came from the sermon I heard at church yesterday.

God Bless You

message 16: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments The Righteous and the Wicked

Devotional for Friday (Posted 28 January 2018 / 12 Shevat 5778)

When you look at the wickedness and perversions taking place all around us it can be extremely disheartening. It’s as if the dragon has been unbound from his chains, and has been released from the bottomless pit! It is especially unsettling when the perpetrators and enablers of such evil acts claim to be Christians! For those of us who know the truth, we know they are imposters and certainly are not followers of the LORD Jesus Christ!

As Real Christians, it is imperative that we must “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 5:9-11

I am absolutely convinced that we are living in the final days just before the return of the LORD, “when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power; When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.” 2 Thessalonians 1:7b-10

It saddens me to think about all the people, especially my fellow Christians, that are deceived by the Wicked One. It is my sincere hope that God’s people will come to the “Light” so they can see the truth and get out from under Satan’s control and dominion. Please prayerfully consider this excerpt from my book “Walking With the Enemy.”

“So many professing Christians today are conformed to the ways of the world, rather than the ways of God. Sin is the doorway into the darkness, and if you walk in sin long enough, it will lead to a place you really don’t want to be!

Remember, good and evil are rooted from the same tree, but godliness comes only from the tree of life. And unless men delight completely in the word of God, and are “born again” by His Spirit, they will never be able to put forth their hand, “and take of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.”

False teachers, corrupt Bibles, and disorderly churches are abounding, just like God said it would be like in the final days. And only those who have “eyes to see” and “ears to hear” will truly understand the times we are living in.

God’s people have wandered off the intended path because their faith is in the word of men, and not the word of God. And I must say, woe, woe, woe be unto those who call themselves Christian, yet do not follow Christ!

There is still time to come to the Lord, and only those who are walking in the True Light, with their candles brightly shining, will Jesus welcome into His kingdom when He comes for His glorious bride. [Matthew 25:1–13.]”
End of excerpt.

Just as a banker will study the actual currency to recognize a counterfeit, for those who desire to walk in the truth (and not error), it is so important that we remain diligent to read and study the Holy Scriptures, with a sincere heart and a prayerful attitude towards God and His dear Son, the LORD Jesus Christ.

If something doesn’t seem right, question it. If what someone tells you about God appears to contradict His word, don’t blindly accept it. As God's people, we must be like the men and women of Berea, “in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” Acts 17:11b

Satan must be subtle in order to deceive God’s people. Even the slightest error, if it continues, will get you further and further away from where God wants you to be, and into the Darkness where Satan wants to lead you. Please consider this important passage from the book of Malachi.

Malachi 3:15 “And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon His name.

Malachi 3:17 And they shall be Mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Malachi 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not.”

Only God can give us “eyes to see” the truth of who truly belongs to God and who does not. I pray that you will be among the righteous on that day when Jesus comes to destroy this earth and take His people home to that wonderful place that He has prepared for all who love and worship only Him!

Malachi 4:1 “For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in His wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Malachi 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses My servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Malachi 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”

May God have mercy on the innocent children until their fathers wake up to how Satan has weakened the churches, and the nations! (See Isaiah 14:12-17.) And until men repent, and turn their hearts back to God, will they be able to “discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not!”

You all are in my prayers—always!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, January 29

Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Romans12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1Thessalonians 5:17 pray continually,

How often do you pray? Only on Sunday mornings? Every night before bed? Only when something goes wrong? Never?

Many people in the world today claim to be Christians but they never step foot inside a church, read a Bible or utter a prayer. It is a sad reality in today’s world. There are also many people that only read the Bible, pray or even think about God on Sunday mornings. If I am honest, I have, at times, been in both of these groups. We as a society and individuals need to be as devoted to prayer as we are to our families, jobs, and phones.

Prayer is our phone connection to God and Jesus is the operator that puts the call through. But so many people today are so accustomed to short texts, posts, and tweets that they don’t know how to have a meaningful phone conversation with the person most important to them. How can they develop a relationship with God if they don’t know how to sit still without distractions long enough to utter a heartfelt prayer?

This week put your phone down, turn off the electronic devices and plug into the Bible. Say a prayer that God will help you to connect with Him in Scripture and Prayer. Spend as little as ten minutes in Prayer without distractions each day this week.

Next week add ten minutes of Bible study.

The following week add ten minutes of sitting quietly after Bible study and prayer to listen for God’s voice (You probably won’t hear an audible voice, but hopefully you will feel God’s Presence).

It may take a while to get accustomed to sitting quietly, waiting on God. If you make the commitment and stay with it, you will begin to feel God’s Presence there with you.
I know that it will be difficult to free up thirty minutes each day but you owe it to yourself to try. If Jesus can give His Life for you, the least you can do is attempt to give Him thirty minutes each day for a week!

Hopefully, by the time the three weeks are up, you will discover that you have the time in your schedule to devote to prayer, Bible study and sitting quietly in God’s Presence.

Soon you will realize how much you need and enjoy those thirty minutes each day.

Hopefully, we all will develop closer relationships to God by the end of February.

God bless you

message 18: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Hopefully, we all will develop closer relationships to God by the end of February..."

Hi Rita Faye,

I love your devotion! You know, when I get too busy, I can feel it when I have neglected my time with God. It's like my "spiritual fuel" is running low, and I NEED to spend time with the LORD.

As Real Christians we benefit greatly when we stay close to God through His Word, as we prayerfully listen for the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us into the truth, and it is a blessing to have fellow believers to encourage us to stay focused on the LORD, especially in this world that has so many distractions. If God's people were as attentive to God's voice as they are to their cell phones, the churches would be so wonderfully different!

I am reminded of a passage from Hebrews that is especially relevant for today...

Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

I see this forum as a means of gathering together--maybe not at the same time, but it can be a place where we can learn from each other and encourage one another in the LORD.

I love the song, "Just a Closer Walk With Thee!" And it truly is my earnest plea to my dear LORD! As you said, may all of us continue to develop a closer relationship with God...Not only will we be greatly blessed by spending time with God, but we actually bless the heart of God when we worship and adore Him, in Spirit and in Truth, as He so deserves, and desires, of His people.

Take care! And God bless you as you walk with Him!

Sincerely,
C. Read

message 19: by Dane (new)

Dane Miller Devotional : Love Sweet Love!

Most of you will know the first verse of the song “What the world needs now”. A song which was made popular by Dionne Warwick.

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.”

The song was first penned in 1965 because love was lacking. Fast forward 53 years and what do you find? Love is still lacking! Look around, do you see love actively being displayed? Or is it something on the endangered species list? We have killed off one of the most beautiful, powerful and healing things that God himself has given to us.

Love is one of the greatest things on earth. You don’t have to be wealthy, or in a position of power to have it. God has given this ability to everyone. Once you have the breathe of life, you have the capacity to give great love. God is love, and he has shaped us in his image and likeness therefore we also have this attribute and can possess it to the fullest.

So if love is this great thing and everyone has the ability to give it why it is it seems to be lacking? I really would like you to stop here for a moment and think about what I am asking? Why is love so lacking between siblings, parents & children, neighbors, work colleagues, church folks, countries and nations. Well, only read on if you want the true and honest answer to this!

Psalms 51:5 (KJV) Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

2 Timothy 3:1-4 (KJV) 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Our human and sinful nature is to do wrong even from birth. This is why a child so easily does the wrong thing without even being taught. Then as they get bigger so does the actions. Now couple that with what Timothy said regarding the last days and the hardness of men’s heart and you will see a grim picture indeed.

What then is the answer to this human decay and lack of concern for our fellow man? Well, the answer is a spiritual solution and we already have it. God prophesied about what will come but He also provided the antidote. The answer to sin is being born again through the blood of Jesus Christ. Now after you are born again start pointing the world to Him.

He is love and the only way to get it is from the source. God is the source, but we are the chosen instruments He pours from. The Bible says that the world will know we are Christians by our LOVE. The transforming love of God in us is what will point others to Him and showcase His beauty. So what does the world need now, “Love Sweet Love”. I say to you what the world needs now is more persons with true Christian Character, in other words, the Godly Love which is in us believers.

I encourage you today to be in a position to establish love on earth. Show forth that you have LOVE (God) in your heart by forgiving quickly, giving to those in need abundantly, extending yourself to others who cannot help you in return, being kind and gentle always. What the world needs now is more of God in you. Please take this statement personally. For souls are going astray and dying because of the lack of love they see in us christians at times.

My brothers and sisters in the lord, we have the power to change and we also have the power not to change. Embrace love and you will embrace the change you want to see. Be an agent of creating love and pointing others to God. Don’t wait for tomorrow for tomorrow might never come.

I say again, FOR THEY KNOW WE ARE CHRISTIANS BY OUR LOVE!!

I leave you with this video:
https://youtu.be/7CobNWUXb1M?t=10

Your Brother and Servant in the Lord.
Dane

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 30, 2018 08:30AM) (new)

"I can feel it when I have neglected my time with God. It's like my "spiritual fuel" is running low, and I NEED to spend time with the LORD."

C, I felt my "spiritual fuel" running low and started trying to spend more time in Bible study and prayer which in turn inspired my devotion.
I really do feel bereaved of God when I don't spend enough with Him.

I also see this forum as a place to learn and grow. I have learned so much from these devotions in the last couple of years. God blessed me greatly when he brought me to this website.

Cozy up to the Good Book this week and enjoy your talks with Our Father!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Dane wrote: "Devotional : Love Sweet Love!

Most of you will know the first verse of the song “What the world needs now”. A song which was made popular by Dionne Warwick.
"What the world needs now is love, swe..."

Good devotion, Dane,
Thank you for the reminder and the encouragement.
God Bless You

message 22: by C. (last edited Feb 06, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Standing for God

Devotional for Friday (Posted Sunday Morning on 4 February 2018)

I have noted a few passages that I hope will be an encouragement to those who are standing for God. Our adversary, the Devil, is very active these days, and we need to be diligent, keep our eyes open, and our swords sharpened.

2 Timothy 3:12 "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

The Word of God is our hope, our strength, and our true defense, and we must never forget that Jesus Christ, the living word, is the only Savior! This next passage will help us keep a check on our heart...

1 Corinthians 13:1 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. "

One last passage that I hope will encourage you to keep standing for God.

Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Ephesians 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak...

Ephesians 6:23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen."

God bless and keep you my dear brothers and sisters in the LORD! May God be with you and your loved ones!

P.S. And I am so thankful to see that Pastor Arnie visited with us. Even though I haven't heard from you my dear friend in such awhile, it is such a blessing to know you are still with us!

You ALL are in my prayers--always!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, February 5

Hebrews 4:12 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 Your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.

Psalm 119:9 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever.

How did you do last week? Was it hard to find 10 minutes to pray each day?
I found that some days were easier than others. Most days I might have managed 5 minutes and a couple probably not that. The good thing about trying to pray for 10 minutes each day is that no matter how you did yesterday, today is a new day, a new start.

This week continue to pray everyday plus add 10 minutes of Bible Study sometime during the day. It doesn't matter where you start in the Bible, just read. It doesn't matter if you only read your favorite parts. What matters is that you are reading. When reading the Bible each day becomes easier, it will be time to start reading a more in depth Bible study.
Don't beat yourself up if you miss a day. Everybody misses a day of reading the Bible sometimes. If the only reason you are reading the Bible is to mark one more chore off of your to do list, then you won't get much out of it. Think of reading the Bible as 10 minutes each day that you take for yourself as a much needed rest, a necessity for survival, a treat to start or end each day.

I pray that we all will find time to pray and read the Bible this week. I pray that we will find joy in the experience.

God Bless you and protect you this week

message 24: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Thank you Rita Faye for the encouraging word! God bless and keep you too!

C. Read

message 25: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "Standing for God

I have noted a few passages that I hope will be an encouragement to those who are standing for God. Our adversary..."

Thank you so much my Dearest Friend!
These three passages of Scripture are very dear to my heart, especially Ephesians 6:10! We can be strong only in the Lord and in the power of His might. And this is always my prayer for you my Dearest Friend and fellow servant of the True Light- Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! And this is also my prayers for all Real Christians!
God bless You and all our Real Christian brethren...
Thank you.

message 26: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "Standing for God

I have noted a few passages that I hope will be an encouragement to those who are standing for God. Our adversary..."

Thank you so much my Dearest Friend!
These three passages of Scripture are very dear to my heart, especially Ephesians 6:10! We can be strong only in the Lord and in the power of His might. And this is always my prayer for you my Dearest Friend and fellow servant of the True Light- Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! And this is also my prayers for all Real Christians!
God bless You and all our Real Christian brethren...
Thank you.

message 27: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, February 5

Hebrews 4:12 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped ..."

Thank you Rita Faye for this challenge!
I also have failed so many times in my Bible reading and prayers! But every time I can read my Bible and say my prayers to our Heavenly Father, I rise up a happy man!
May the Lord bless and keep you strong and healthy and happy everyday!
Keep up!

message 28: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Dane wrote: "Devotional : Love Sweet Love!

"What the world needs now is love, swe..."

I love you Brother Dane in the love of Jesus!
The world looks at LOVE in a very different way as the song says, " learning to love yourself is the greatest LOVE of all ."... Love is not GOD, but God is love, that's why we can love Him and love our brethren as well...
Thank you for this beautiful reminder Brother.
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Arniegamilong wrote: "Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, February 5

Hebrews 4:12 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be th..."

Thank you, Pastor Arnie. I have missed your involvement in devotions. God bless you

message 30: by Dane (new)

Dane Miller Right Back at you Arniegamilong!!

Wednesday Devotional: How Far are you from the Kingdom of God.

How far are you from the Kingdom of God? For a Christian I guess this is the million-dollar question. Or should I say the billion-dollar question. Once you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and follow Him in water baptism you become born again. In this new state, old things are passed away and behold all things become new. Part of this newness is being granted access to the kingdom of God. I praise and thank God, that a nobody like me, has become a somebody and given citizenship status in the best kingdom there is and ever will be; The Kingdom of God.

God's kingdom is not only given to us, but it is at hand. Jesus told us in Mark 1:15 (KJV) "... The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel". Our Lord was admitting that the Kingdom is now close to us; but are we close to it?

Yes my friends, this is a direct question I am asking you! As a heavenly citizen, how far are you from the Kingdom of God? If you attend church every Sunday, listen to gospel music in your car while commuting to work, or have snippets of prayer time with God during the week then you will be inclined to answer an immediate Yes to this question. But this question is not one of those that you briskly read over then quickly tick the answer box with a yes. You need to put down your pen, lean back in your chair and start to think long and hard.

Ok, what was your answer? Well, I don't really need to know your answer, but what I want to know is this. How do you know that your answer is correct? Now that's a million-dollar question. The only way to know is by testing it against the word of God so let's do that.

In Mark 12:28-34 (NIV) a teacher of the Law came up to Jesus and asked him what is the greatest commandment. Without hesitation Jesus replied, “The most important one, is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:29-31 (NIV))

The teacher who asked the question did not disagree, in fact he fully AGREED and supported Jesus comment by saying the following:

Mark 12:33 (NIV) “To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

This teacher knew, that giving (sacrificing) other things without displaying Genuine Love to God and Neighbor amounted to very little. With all his heart, mind, strength and being this man understood and applied the commandment that, LOVING GOD AND NEIGHBORS ARE OF PARMOUNT IMPORTANCE.

When Jesus realized that this man's zeal and passion was FIRSTLY and ONLY for applying love. He openly proclaimed to the man and all present:

Mark 12:34 "When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God...”

In other words, Jesus was saying that Love draws us closer into the kingdom of God and makes us less afar off!

My Fellow brothers and sister in the Lord, the Bible is about love, the kingdom is about love and GOD IS LOVE! If you want to draw closer to the Kingdom of God today, then focus on loving God and your Neighbor with everything you have!

My Personal Prayer: Lord, teach me how to have fellowship with you and love my foes and friends as you command. Lord teach me to love...!

Dane A. Miller

message 31: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments 9 February 2018

Hi Mr. Dane,

I had written my devotional a few days ago and after reading yours, I see that it goes along with yours. I totally agree that loving God, first and foremost, and then our neighbors, are of paramount importance.

I love your prayer! "Lord, teach me how to have fellowship with you and love my foes and friends as you command. Lord teach me to love...!"

It is my sincere prayer that God's love will live in me, and through me, as I walk with Him in the True Light of His holy word!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 32: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments True Love

Devotional for Friday 9 February 2018 / 25 Shevat 5778

All of us have an inner desire to love and to be loved. And only true love that lasts forever comes from God. He purposefully meant it to be that way, so that if we ever left Him out of our lives we would realize that something was missing, and hopefully we would go searching for Him.

I am so sorry to say that most people are looking for the love and joy that only God can give in all the wrong places. Some try to fill that void with alcohol, drugs, wrong relationships, a thirst for power, and a love for money, and the things that money can buy.

But God has said in 1 John 2:15-17:
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”

There is a place in our hearts that only God can fill, but many times, we can let the blessings that God has given to us take His place. God has given us so many things to love, some of which includes, family, friends, our pets, our children, and even chocolate, but our love for God must be first. That way our love for others, and even strangers, will be genuine.
Matthew 22:37-40 “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

That passage is recorded in the New Testament, but Jesus was quoting from the Old in Deuteronomy chapter six. Later on in that same passage, God was warning His people that after He saved them from their enemies, and blessed them with houses and lands, and vineyards, and plenty of food and clothing, to be careful not to forget Him. But as we see from history, they did.

Thankfully, God continues to give men the opportunity to receive His love, through His Son, the LORD Jesus Christ. But even now, sadly, people still forget God, and refuse to allow Him to be a part of their daily lives.

Here’s a very familiar Scripture passage that is so beautiful to me.
John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.”

As God has allowed me to understand more fully, what took place as He watched His Son, Jesus live out His time here on this earth, the hardest thing for me to deal with is the pain and anguish that I am sure our Father went through as He stood by and watched as they made a mockery of His dear Son.

Can you imagine what it must have been like? Who would even consider giving up their only son with the knowledge that he was going to be ridiculed and laughed at by the entire world, beaten almost to the point of death, and nailed to a cross as a criminal, even though He was perfectly innocent?

But God knew it all! In fact, He planned it all! He knew that Jesus’ sacrifice was the only way to win the ultimate victory over sin, and death, and Satan. That’s what God’s love is all about. To love someone so much that you are willing to give up everything that you are, everything that you own, and even your very life, so as to prove your love. What an awesome God He is!

There is a passage in Revelation chapter 3 where Jesus is addressing His displeasure with the Laodicean church.

They thought they were doing just fine, but they weren’t. Pride had set in and they were not able to see their condition. God said that they were “wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.” They did not defend the truth, nor did they stand against the lies. And God said because they were lukewarm He would spew them out of His mouth!

But he loved them! And that’s why God was willing to show them the things that He disapproved of. And I am just so thankful that God is long-suffering and patient with His people.

Jesus said to this church in Laodicea:

Revelation 3:20-22 “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”

May all of us continually examine ourselves to see if we are truly pleasing to God according to His holy word. And it is my sincere prayer that God will abundantly bless you with His true love as you live your life for Him !

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 33: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Dane wrote: "Right Back at you Arniegamilong!!

Wednesday Devotional: How Far are you from the Kingdom of God.How far are you from the Kingdom of God? For a Christian I guess this is the million-dollar question..."

Thank you Dane Miller for this Devotional, and for your prayers. May our Heavenly Father draw us closer to the Kingdom of God by molding our hearts to become more loving to Him and our neighbors.
Blessings to you from above!

message 34: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "True Love

Devotional for Friday 9 February 2018 / 25 Shevat 5778

All of us have an inner desire to love and to be loved. And only true love that lasts forever comes from God. He purposefully mean..."

Another great devotional my Dearest Friend!
Praise the Lord!
May our lives indeed continue to be pleasing to our Heavenly Father and may His love can be seen in our lives to the glory of His Holy Name!
May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen you my Dearest Friend!

message 35: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments 12 February 2018

Hi Pastor Arnie!

So good to see you here! I hope to read a great devotional from you soon!

Take care! And God bless and keep you and your loved ones--always! I have missed you, but you are always in my prayers!

With the love of Christ Jesus our LORD,
C.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2018 03:36PM) (new)

Monday, February 12

How did you do last week? Was it hard to take time to pray and read scripture? Myself, I found reading easier of the two. I found that I often read longer than 10 minutes and then would rush my prayer time. (I need to work on that).
This is the week to add 10 minutes of sitting quietly waiting and listening for the Lord.

Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

Psalm 62:5-6 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

Job 6:24 “Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have gone astray.

Lamentations 3:24-26 “Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have gone astray.

Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

I know that in our world today, we do not sit quietly at any time nor do we like to wait on anything. This will be a test of patience and of learning to clear our minds so that we can "hear" the Lord.

I have never audibly heard the Voice of God , but there has been times that I knew deep within my soul that He had spoken to me. This time of sitting quietly after prayer will take time to learn. Our minds want to plan, organize or review the day. Try to find a quiet place (not a bed) to relax or take a walk somewhere quiet and prepare to listen. Remember God works in His time not ours. Whether we hear from God or not is not the point. The point is that we have taken time and are learning and preparing ourselves to hear from God if He so chooses to speak to us. God left us the Bible as a way of speaking to us and prayer for us to speak to Him. If we are not utilizing both of these, then we cannot expect to "hear" His Voice. Try not to watch the clock or the ticking of minutes going by will be all you hear (even if it is just in your head). This is time that you are devoting to God. Do not be discouraged if your mind fills up with 101 things. Remember this is a learning process, like anything else worth doing, it takes practice, practice, practice. It is a gift of your time, 10 minutes out of 1 hour. Think about it, there are 1440 minutes in 1 day. If you spends 10 minutes each day sitting quietly, it is only 70 minutes out of the 10,080 minutes in one week. That isn't much time at all. Soon, you will be adding more minutes to just sit quietly with Him.
Enjoy this time of quieting your mind and listening for the Lord. It is after-all a form of Worship that we all neglect too often.

Lent begins on February 14, continuing what we have begun (prayer, Bible study, quiet time) during the last 3 weeks would be a good way to spend our time preparing for Palm Sunday and Easter.

God Bless You on your journey to know Him better.

message 37: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "12 February 2018

Hi Pastor Arnie!

So good to see you here! I hope to read a great devotional from you soon!

Take care! And God bless and keep you and your loved ones--always! I have missed you,..."

My Dearest Friend C.
I am so blessed to be able to read the Devotionals once again, and I'm praying to share what the Lord led me to write on my schedule, that is Thursday. Thank you so much for your prayers, and for the reminders and challenges here in our Real Christian group!
God bless and to God be the glory!

message 38: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, February 12

How did you do last week? Was it hard to take time to pray and read scripture? Myself, I found reading easier of the two. I found that I often read longer than 10 minutes and t..."

Hello Rita Faye;
Once again, thank you for checking... and thank you for the encouragement!
One of our developed habits with my wife is following a Bible reading to read 3 chapters during weekdays and five chapters on Sundays, so that we will be able to read through the Bible the whole year! And after reading the Bible, we share our prayer concerns and pray together. And after about 4 years in doing it, I still have the longing to do better as the years go by... Thank you so much for your Devotional!
Blessings to you and to all our Real Christian group!
Praise the Lord!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Pastor Arnie, Thank you for your kind words. I think that the devotions that I write usually help me as much as they help the people that read them. To know that my devotions are encouraging a Pastor is a blessing that I keep close to my heart.
May God bless you and your ministry

message 40: by Dane (last edited Feb 14, 2018 10:05AM) (new)

Dane Miller Wednesday Devotional: Self Induced Ignorance

What an interesting topic. My cousin and I were chatting and she made the statement “Self Induced Ignorance”. I found her choice and framing of the words unusually striking and it immediately got my attention. Although I understood it’s meaning, God compelled me to pull my dictionary in an attempt to extract the clearest understanding of each word in isolation.

Self: One’s own self. A person’s nature, character, etc.
Induced: To bring about, produce or cause; Activate; Stimulate. E.g The medicine will induce sleep.
Ignorance: Lacking in knowledge/information or training; unlearned; uninformed; unaware.

If I had to rephrase this I would pen it as follows, “One’s own self producing unlearned and uninformed ways”. Yes, that is most of us a lot of times, actively engaging in “Self Induced Ignorance”, in one form or another and we bring things on ourselves. Stuck in a paradigm of knowledge inertia and not wanting to open our eyes and broaden our thinking. Especially in times of difficulty or uncertainty, we just stick to what we know to help us navigate the situation. And it is in times like these we need to rest down our current way of thinking and adopt a new approach. After all, most times it is our present way of thinking and by extension acting that brought us into the difficult and challenging place.

Let me ask you this. How much of us go through marital problems and proactively attend counselling to obtain knowledge on how to improve? Or have a communication problem with someone and purchase a book that teaches you to better communicate? Have you ever gone through some personal challenges and willfully gathered friends who you know will side with you? Or did you take the approach to surround yourself with friends who won’t tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear?

When we apply the approach as mentioned above or any other form of it, we take much longer to grow and develop or in some cases can literally die in our state. Some marriages die, some friendships are dissolved, children go astray, employer-employee relations are terminated, all because we choose to keep ourselves in a state of ignorance. Then in the future we look back and say, “If I knew then, what I know now…”. It has happened to all of us, we say if only I had the knowledge then, we would have saved more money, invested our income more wisely, and the list goes on…

This is why one of my favorite scriptures is:

Hosea 4:6 “my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge”.  “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

Staying ignorant not only affects us but also our children and the people we come in contact with.

Someone once told me that, “anytime a man is continually failing he is counseling himself”. Or put another way, having persons counsel him in his own way of thinking. Our God wants us to succeed in everything we do and for us to do this we must embrace a teachable spirit and become lifelong learners in all aspects of our lives. Learn God by learning His word, become an active reader/learner, surround yourself with friends that will give you honest and objective feedback and obtain a meek and lowly spirit which is willing to learn from anyone young or old.

From this day forth let "self-induced Ignorance” NOT be found in us! So when we are old and grey we can look back with little regret. At that stage we will only be praising God for his wisdom and guiding hand in our lives which brought blessings on every turn.

I leave you with the following Scriptures:

Colossians 3:10 (KJV) 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Ecclesiastes 7:12 (KJV) 12 For wisdom is a defense, and money is a defense: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.

Proverbs 24:3-6 By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; 4 And by knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches. 5 A wise man is strong, And a man of knowledge increases power. 6 For by wise guidance you will wage war, And in abundance of counselors there is victory.

Dane Miller

message 41: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Devotional for Thursday ( a little late)

DDS of God's Love
1 John 4:8
"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

Intro:
I am so grateful to be back sharing what the Lord blessed my heart in my personal meditation and study. I missed our Real Christian group, and I am so much blessed by the Devotionals!
To God be the glory!

Before our President- Rodrigo Duterte became our President, he was the Mayor of Davao city, which is about 4 hours away from Gensan, our city. One of the accusations thrown by his fellow candidates during the Presidential campaign period was about a group of men they called DDS (Davao Death Squad) that he used to kill the criminals in his city, which is until now has not been proven to be true. This has become nationally known when he became the president of our country, that some of his supporters also named one of their group DDS (Duterte Diehard Supporters), as an answer to the accusations.
As I meditate upon God's love this opening days of February, I also came up with my own DDS about it, that I pray can be a blessing also to all those who might read this:

GOD's Love is:
*DEMONSTRATIVE:
God is so showy of His love toward us, even from the starting point of creation, until the time He will bring us to His kingdom in heaven!
I have heard this words many times from my youth: "You can GIVE without LOVING, but you can not LOVE without GIVING!" (emphasis is mine).
And God is the Master in showing His love by giving!
Before He created man in His image in Genesis chapter one, he created everything that man needs! Light,darkness,atmosphere,seas,land,sun,moon,stars,birds,fish,plants,animals...the basic needs of man: food,clothing,and shelter where provided by God before He formed Adam out of the dust of the ground. He put him in a place where he has everything he needs (he don't even need any clothing and shelter before the fall). But then they fall into sin because in some ways they were not content of what the Lord has given them. But then, even after the fall, God continues to express His love by giving!
James 1:17
"Every good gift and every perfect give is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
Every GOOD and PERFECT Gift comes from Him! Praise the Lord!
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Is there any better giving than this?!? No way! God gave the greatest gift to mankind: His Only Begotten Son! That's why this verse is the most favorite of almost every Christian! It is called the Heart of the Bible by many! And rightly so, I believe.
God's love is demonstrative.

*DISCIPLINARIAN
Hebrews 12:6
"For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son He receiveth."
Who among us has never been disciplined by our parents? I believe those who were not loved by them...
Sadly, there are children left by their parents to a life that is not so beautiful, in fact it can become so ugly, that the children spent their lives on so many very BAD things to find L-O-V-E only to find out that their lives were WASTED! Why? Because of no discipline...because Love is lacking!
But not so with the Lord! He will never leave us unattended. He will discipline us if needed, even sometimes it requires so much pain...Hebrews 12: 11
He loves us, that's why He disciplines us.
God's Love is Disciplinarian

*SACRIFICIAL
John 15:13
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
1 Peter 2: 24
"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
Romans 5:6-8
"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ for the ungodly.
For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
What love... no greater love than this!!!
To God be the glory!

Finally:
Romans 5:5
"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
The LOVE of GOD is in our hearts... we should be able to LOVE like the DDS love of our Heavenly Father!
Let us love one another!
Let us love our neighbor as ourselves!
Let us love even our enemies!
Above all, let us love God above all!

Blessings to you my Real Christian family!
Always be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!
Thank you for reading.

message 42: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Thank you Pastor Arnie! It is a blessing to read your devotional tonight. Your Godly counsel is always very encouraging to me!

We surely serve a great and awesome God, that loves us so much! All praise, honor, and glory be unto the One who sits upon the Throne, and unto the Lamb, forever and ever! Amen!

I pray that you will be strong in the LORD, and in the power of His might too! We have an Enemy that would love to hinder us, and our work for the LORD, but I thank God for His love, mercy, and grace through which we stand.

The days are getting much darker, but God's "True Light" is still shining! May we, as Real Christians," be a reflection of His Light, as we stand up and defend the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Please know that you, your loved ones, and your ministry work are in my prayers! God bless and keep you--always!

With the love of Christ,
C.

message 43: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments 18 February 2018 / 4 Adar 5778

Let us Pray for the Children!

To Whom it May Concern,

I was not able to post a devotional Friday, but I have a very hard message that God has put on my heart, and I hope to be able to share it in the near future.

Until then, let us pray for our children! It is so obvious that the Devil is targeting the children, along with those who trust in the LORD! But God WILL have the final word!

Matthew 18:6 "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in Me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!"

May God have mercy on His people! You all are in my prayers!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, February 19

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." ~

There is a time for everything, but we have given up and kept silent for too long. I am tired of weeping and mourning the lose of innocence children and people just trying to enjoy a night out.
Christians are scattered all over the world. It is time that we gather together in prayer, wherever we are . It is time to step out into the world and spread the gospel just as Jesus commissioned us to. It is time to search out ways to heal and mend the broken. It is time to stop the hate and gossip mongering. It is time that we as Christians stop hiding behind church doors. It is time that we open the doors wide and not only invite people in, but go out and search for the lost and hurting. It is time that we embrace all it is to be a Christian and not just the parts we like. It is time that we dance in the streets and laugh for the joy we have in Jesus.

This is the season that people of the world actually think about coming to church. Invite everyone you know to come to church with you. Offer to pick them up or meet them there. Speak about your faith while people are willing to listen. Use Lent, Palm Sunday and Easter as stepping stones to build a bridge to the lost. Give out Easter candy with an invite to church. Also, invite someone you never talk with to eat lunch with you. You don't have to preach to them, just be yourself and let the light of Jesus shine through you. If you are not brave enough to step out and speak up then kneel down and pray. Kneel often and pray for our children, pray for our governments, pray for the salvation of the people you see each day. Pray that God is not ignored anymore. Pray that people acknowledge that they don't have the power to keep God out of schools, boardrooms and government offices. He is there whether they want to admit it or not. Pray that Christians in these places learn the law and know what they can and cannot do. Pray that they don't bow down and give in to people that say they can't pray or speak the name of Jesus. The law says you can't teach religion or lead a prayer. It doesn't mean you can't use the events of the Bible in a history lesson or say a silent prayer yourself when you are eating. It doesn't mean that you can't wear a cross or have a Bible on your phone or tablet to read on your break. You may only be able to acknowledge God in private in these places, but doing so will bring you closer to Him. Doing so will also improve your days while at work. Maybe if everybody takes one or two small steps toward God in the workplace, the world will start to come back to Him.

Have courage this week, step out and let the world see that the Light of Jesus surrounds you.

message 45: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "Thank you Pastor Arnie! It is a blessing to read your devotional tonight. Your Godly counsel is always very encouraging to me!

We surely serve a great and awesome God, that loves us so much! All p..."

Yes! My Dearest Friend...our children, and all children all over the world need our PRAYERS for them! They are one of the most easy target of the enemy because of their innocence and unguided ignorance and being so trusting too. I am with you in Praying for them!
Thank you as well for your Prayers, and looking forward to your Message from the Lord!
You and your ministry and Family are in our prayers as well.
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 46: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Devotional for Thursday

THINGS we should USE, but never LOVE

1. 1 John 4:15-17
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in Him.
For all that is in the world , the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever."

The world we live in is very beautiful! The beauty and wonders of nature is very astounding! Indeed God made all things beautiful in His time! But sin and satan ruined God's creation, and until now up to the time he is judged finally, he became the ruler of this world! And he deceives everyone who is blinded by the attractiveness of the world: lust of the flesh- the world offers anything that satisfies our flesh (for the right price); lust of the eyes - we can see how the world looks at beauty! ; pride of life - how the world define the "Greatest Love of All"? by showing the children the beauty they posses inside, and giving them a sense of pride! "Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all", says a popular song. That's pride!
We should appreciate the world and use the things it offers us, but we should never ever LOVE the world!

2. Proverbs 20:13
"Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread."

Sleep is good, in fact, it is needed. We need to have the right amount of sleep or else we will become less productive.
Even the Lord rested, and has given man the Sabbath!
But too much sleep is laziness! And the Lord detests lazy people. The wisest king of Israel told the lazy people to go to the ants and learn...
Sleep is good in its proper place, but we should never love it, or else...

3. 1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Who don't need money? We all do! As a saying I heard a while ago, "You cannot go around without a round (money)." But we don't need to love it.
God will provide all our needs.
Another quote I read, "Money is a good servant, but, a very cruel master."
We can do a lot, and go to a lot of places if we have money, we can even serve the Lord better if have it. We should use our money for our good, and for the good of our loved- ones and those around us for the greater glory of our Lord.
But we should never ever love money, or else...

May this will remind us to focus our LOVE in the right direction... I know that you know, and this is just a little reminder that I hope can be a blessing.
Thank you for reading.
God bless and please always be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 47: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Hi Pastor Arnie!

What a wonderful message! I love it! Thank you and God bless!

C.

message 48: by C. (last edited Feb 26, 2018 12:59AM) (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments The Power of Darkness

Devotional for 26 February 2018 / 11 Adar 5778

Satan is alive and well, and he is very active in the world today. He knows that his time is short, and he will use whosoever is available, whether they be good or evil, to carry out his evil deeds. I have included an excerpt from my book “Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony,” to help shine a little “light” on how the Devil is able to use unsuspecting people who are unaware of his evil ways to do his bidding.

The following excerpt is taken from the Fifth edition of my book, published in June 2015, but was also included in the First Edition that was published in March 1995. For those who have not read my testimony, Ira was one of the leaders of the Bible Study group I had been involved with for three years, and I wrote this letter to her after God revealed that they were not Real Christians, as the leaders of this group had professed to be.

Excerpt “Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony,” by C. Read
“The following letter will further prove that the Lord God Almighty will use whatever the devil intends for evil and turn it around for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purposes.

8 March 1994

Dear Ira,

I was a little presumptuous about that being my final letter to you, and after receiving the article entitled, “The Holy Spirit Versus Demon Spirit Guides,” in the mail, I feel led to respond. Since you didn’t include your own comments (but highlighted certain sections), I can only assume you are still contending that I am the one who’s being controlled by demonic spirits.

I must say that, in a way, I am delighted that you would think that of me, especially since they also used to wrongfully accuse my Lord and Master of the same thing. But I am equally disappointed because it shows me that you are still walking with the enemy, and completely under his control.

Ira, you have to know it would be so much easier if I’d just put all of you out of my mind, and not be concerned about anything in connection with you or Bill’s ministry, but the Lord has not allowed me to do that.

My ultimate desire in all of this is for the truth to be made known in regard to the tactics of the enemy, so as to free God’s people from the bondage of sin and Satan. And then, “we the people” of God, can truly serve and worship Him in the manner in which He so deserves.

You probably will never openly admit that Bill’s Bible study group is a cult, but I am very certain of it, especially since I was personally involved with all of you for three years. I just praise God that He didn’t allow me to gain knowledge of the very depths of Satan, but just enough to know and understand many of his deceptive ways.

Even though you were secretive about many things, I was always very open and honest with you about everything. Of course, you tried to lead me to believe that I was your trusted friend, so as to obtain information from me, but now it’s quite apparent that you had ulterior motives.

After I joined the group, I was led to the following passage of scripture. But Satan was always one step ahead of me in order to dissuade me from seeing the truth of the word of God. I praise God that His truth has prevailed in my life!

2 Corinthians 11:3–4 “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].”

Because of my misunderstanding and lack of knowledge, I didn’t realize that just because a man claims that Jesus Christ is his Lord and Savior, and he would lay down his life for Him, doesn’t mean he’s referring to the only begotten Son of the most high God.

Because of my misunderstanding and lack of knowledge, I didn’t realize or even understand what it meant to receive another spirit. But due to my affiliation with Bill’s ministry, I was exposed to many other spirits that were quite contrary to the Spirit of the most high God.

Because of my misunderstanding and lack of knowledge, I didn’t realize that a man could claim to be anointed by God, sent to preach and proclaim the truth, yet preach another gospel while using the holy Bible to distort and pervert the word of the most high God.

Since we did not serve the same Jesus, our relationship could not remain the same after the truth was revealed during our meeting on 2 March 1993. Had I stayed with the Bible study group after that, I would have forfeited my relationship with the one, true, and living God.

The shroud of secrecy and deception has been removed, and I now understand why many things occurred as they did. Since I’ve been away from Bill’s ministry the Lord has been revealing to me the many ways that Satan has control of people without them even being aware of it.

The Lord has brought to my attention the various ways that Satan is able to introduce his demonic spirits through the medium of television and motion pictures. Some seemingly innocent and wholesome programs are tainted with evil so as to acquaint children and adults alike with demonic spirits.

Just to give you an example: this past weekend I watched a movie with my children called “Free Willy.” By all outward appearances, it was a nice little movie about a whale called Willy, certainly nothing to be alarmed about, or so I thought. But I should have known something was wrong due to the unusual fascination my children had for this movie; but I just dismissed it.

When I found out that one of my girls was willing to lie so as to encourage me to buy the movie in the first place, I really should have known something was wrong, but I dismissed that too.

When I discovered that a music video with (ungodly music) was at the beginning of the movie, I assumed that’s why I had a problem with it, so I just had them fast-forward that part. But not until I watched the entire movie did I finally understand why I had the nagging doubts.

The scene that I was most concerned about is where the little orphan boy has learned how to repeat an incantation that he hopes will give Willy the power to jump over the wall to freedom. Of course, it worked, and Willy was free! And everybody was happy!

But the movie didn’t explain, or even lead you to believe, that this occult practice of chanting can teach unsuspecting viewers how to conjure up evil spirits, and prepares them to be very accepting of these demon spirit guides.

Most people don’t even recognize this as something to be concerned about, because their minds have been so conditioned to be accepting of this kind of evil, thus they unwisely regard it as harmless.

But because the Lord has been giving me insight into this sort of thing, I know this subtle tactic of the enemy will enable Satan to control people’s thoughts and actions by the use of these demonic spirits. Which is why this is very important to understand and to be extremely cautious of.

Because this practice is so prevalent in every aspect of our society, we have been reaping the effects of this sin in our land. It’s very evident that something is terribly wrong, and it can no longer be ignored! If it is not acknowledged, the people of this nation, and the world, will continue to be distressed by this evil and wickedness.

When you hear of someone, whether a child or an adult, committing a despicable act of violence, you can be certain demonic spirits were involved. And part of the problem is that the perpetrator may have no recollection of it, nor understand how they could have committed such a terrible thing. And in many cases, the demonic spirits that they are controlled by will lead them to take their own lives after they have carried out the horrible deeds of the devil.

[This was in the first edition of my book in March 1995, and many of the concerns I addressed then are even more prevalent today.]

(Almost two and half years after I first published my book, the horrifying school shooting took place in Pearl, Mississippi by a demonically possessed man on 1 October 1997. And more recently, the horrific murderous attack on innocent children in Florida on 14 February 2018, was also inspired by the devil.)

God’s people need to wake up before it’s too late! The scripture that says, “My people perish for lack of knowledge” is so true, but the wonderful thing about it, is that God is exposing the many evils of Satan in order to give His people the opportunity to stand apart from the wickedness of sin.

In fact, the main purpose behind this letter or any other letter that I’ve written since the Lord God Almighty delivered me from the power of darkness is to share the truth of what God has revealed to me concerning my walk with the enemy, so as to warn others.”

End of excerpt of “Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony,” by C. Read.

I have been trying to warn others for almost twenty-five years by sharing my testimony with whosoever would like to read it. The anniversary of when God delivered me from the Power of Darkness is coming up, and it is a Day that I will never forget! I will forever be indebted to my Lord God Almighty for saving me from those who sought to destroy me and my family; and I am so thankful to God for giving me eyes that can truly see!

C. Read

To be continued...

message 49: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments The Power of Darkness (continued)

26 February 2018 / 11 Adar 5778

I would like to share an article I recently came across entitled: “The First and Final Deception,” that validates my great concerns about the prevalence of demonic spirit guides—even in churches! This article, dated 9 September 2017, was written by Lighthouse Trails author Berit Kjos. (lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/)

Excerpt from “The First and Final Deception:”

“Unfortunately, what we are experiencing today is a synthesis of the “I am God” ideology and accelerating occult activity. In fact, the two are inextricably linked together in that they have the same source—the demonic realm. Aleister Crowley, who promoted the ancient occult maxim “as above, so below” (i.e., man and creation are equal to God and the heavenly realms), also mobilized the youth of the hippie era with his own maxim, “Do what thou wilt” as being the whole of the law.

This maxim was then propagated to the mass youth of the sixties with the expression, “Do your own thing.” Today, we have a similar onslaught from Hell that is destined to be even more devastating to children and teens as they attempt to incorporate their notion of divinity within by practicing “divine powers,” all the while being caught in the web of self, pride, deceit, and occult manifestations.

You may remember December 14th, 2012 when a horrific event took place in America. A young tormented demonized man walked into an elementary school in Connecticut and shot and killed twenty children, six adults, then himself. It shocked and shook the nation. Less than twenty-four hours after the event, then President Barak Obama, and others in government, raised the gun control issue, believing that if there is enough gun control, such atrocities wouldn’t happen.

Tragically, what most do not realize is that we have turned this country into an esoteric New Age society, and the “fruit” of it is rearing its ugly grotesque face more now than ever. And these violent crimes committed by young people are only going to increase, especially if most people don’t realize what the true source of such incredible violence is.

What should Christian families do? Should we hide ourselves and our loved ones from the world’s charms and ills, or should we shine our light, work while it is day, and speak the truth in love and in boldness?

Of course, even if we wanted to, we really couldn’t hide. And though we heed God’s call to pray, study His Word, love one another in Christ, and reach out to the lost, we still can’t stop today’s rapid spread of evil. Yet Christian families can make a huge difference in the lives of untold numbers of seekers, if we let God use us to spread His light in a world growing darker by the minute. We need to show our children how to be in the world but not of the world.

We can be God’s ambassadors in an increasingly corrupt land, but we cannot allow its darkness to quench His light in us. We can demonstrate God’s concern for the poor, but we can’t compromise with a counterfeit social gospel and New Age solutions.

Let us pray that He fill us with His wisdom, compassion, patience, and love. And may God bless you as you work to accomplish His will at home with your own children and grandchildren.

“As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6-7)”

End of excerpt from “The First and Final Deception.”

In “The Message” of Eugene H. Peterson (Matthew 6:9-13), he uses the New Age term “as above, so below,” and for those who have read my views, they know I am absolutely opposed to his blasphemous book! To my great dismay, the whole “Christian world” has accepted his "message" as the Word of God!

Satan has been systematically taking over the churches, and I see that he has gained access to most Christian denominations. Only through the power of God working among those who are truly submitted to Him can the churches be cleansed of the evil that is so prevalent in these final days. And it is my sincere prayer that the “sleeping giants” will wake up before it is too late!

You all at this Real Christian community are in my prayers!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2018 12:08PM) (new)

Monday, February 26
This is last week of February. Although, it feels more like April in my neck of the woods with temperatures in the 70s last week. Our normal temperatures should be in the 40s and 50s for this time of year. Last year the temperatures were below freezing with plenty of snow.
Why am I talking about weather? Well, the weather is perfect not too cold and not too hot so everybody is enjoying it. Like the world, the weather can be deceiving. Where I live, we can have 40 degrees in the morning, 60s in the afternoon and 22 degrees by bedtime. You may think that I am exaggerating but it happened a few weeks ago. Just as the weather deceives us into leaving the house without a jacket only to come home freezing, the world likes to deceive us about what is the truth.
C and I both just told you that you can be deceived. Now you are probably depressed and confused and don’t know who to trust or what to believe. These are good reasons to read the Bible for yourself and pray daily. When you read Scripture daily then sit and reflect on what you have read, the verses sink deep into your heart, mind and spirit.
The following are a few verses to carry with you daily:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Psalm 25: 5 Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.

When you pray, pray the above verses among others. Pray that God will separate the truth from the lies. Many people may say that this is my truth or that is my truth. Remember that the only truth in the world is God’s truth. Anything that does not line up with Scriptures is a lie.
Do not read what I, C or anybody else writes and believe it, prove what we are saying through Scripture and Prayer. Don’t worry, we won’t get mad, in fact we would be upset if you didn’t look up what we say. Even the late Billy Graham would have told you to test what he preached against the Scriptures. If anyone gets upset with you for confirming in Scriptures what they are saying, then it is a good sign that they are not speaking the truth (intentionally or not).If you still don't know what to believe or how to sort it out, then speak with your Pastor or ask a long time Christian. Pray about what is confusing you before talking to anyone. (We will pray with you.) God will lead you to the truth just as He led C to the truth. It may take a while for you to see the truth but don't lose hope. Remember that God is allowing you to struggle through this issue to prepare you for others that may come.
Also remember that Satan used Scriptures to try to deceive Jesus, but Jesus knew Scriptures and was able defeat Satan. Just looking up one verse may seem to justify what you are questioning. For this reason, everybody needs to study Scriptures to be prepared. Remember when you spend time with Jesus in Scripture and Prayer, you are getting to know Him. Only when we accept Jesus as our Savior and we get to know Him can we repeat the following Scripture over our lives.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

If you truly make the LORD your light and salvation and the stronghold or strength of your life then you will have no one or anything to fear!

May you walk in the truth, the light and the strength of the LORD. Amen

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.