YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Batman: Nightwalker
This topic is about Batman
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons #2) by Marie Lu - Restarting April 11th 2018 AND May 18th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alaina (ameserole) Before he was Batman, he was Bruce Wayne. A reckless boy willing to break the rules for a girl who may be his worst enemy.

The Nightwalkers are terrorizing Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne is next on their list.

One by one, the city's elites are being executed as their mansions' security systems turn against them, trapping them like prey. Meanwhile, Bruce is turning eighteen and about to inherit his family's fortune, not to mention the keys to Wayne Enterprises and all the tech gadgetry his heart could ever desire. But after a run-in with the police, he's forced to do community service at Arkham Asylum, the infamous prison that holds the city's most brutal criminals.

Madeleine Wallace is a brilliant killer . . . and Bruce's only hope.

In Arkham, Bruce meets Madeleine, a brilliant girl with ties to the Nightwalkers. What is she hiding? And why will she speak only to Bruce? Madeleine is the mystery Bruce must unravel. But is he getting her to divulge her secrets, or is he feeding her the information she needs to bring Gotham City to its knees? Bruce will walk the dark line between trust and betrayal as the Nightwalkers circle closer.

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 5100 comments Mod
Starting this one tonight!

Prologue - Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

Chapter 2 - 5: (view spoiler)

Chapters 6-11: (view spoiler)

Chapters 12-17: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) you're so far ahead!! I haven't even opened the book... yet

Andy | 14623 comments I want to read this so bad but I don't think I'll have time! :(

I had to wait for almost 3 hours at urgent care this morning. I got through most of the book. Lol. It's really short too

Alaina (ameserole) Oh no urgent care? Are you okay?

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

I am. I've had ear issues since I was a kid and woke up yesterday with no hearing in my left ear. It didn't go away today so I went to the dr today. Just since everyone has the flu right now the wait time was horrible.

Alaina (ameserole) Oh man I’m sorry. So you can hear everything fine now?!

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

I can! I am all good now :)

message 14: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14623 comments That's good Jenn! I remember when I developed and ear infection and couldn't hear anything. It was miserable

Alaina (ameserole) Jenn wrote: "I can! I am all good now :)"

YAY! I hope you didn't get sick either!!

message 16: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anything with ears is horrible! By so far no sickness yay!

Alaina (ameserole) I’ve never had an ear infection. Now strep I’ve had every year. I also had swine flu. That was interesting.

message 18: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Oh man I can honestly say I've never had swine flu. That's must have sucked

message 19: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14623 comments I don't think I've ever had the flu before. Tho I had a really nasty case of pneumonia once. That gave me a sinus infection yuck.

message 20: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

I hate sinus infections! I get those every once in awhile :/

message 21: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 18-23: (view spoiler)

message 22: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Jenn wrote: "I hate sinus infections! I get those every once in awhile :/"

They are super evil :(

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finished: (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84137 comments Mod
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date Changed. Restarting April 11th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Felicia Chapter 1-4 (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Nananananananana bat man

Felicia HAHAHAHAHAHA. I just died.

Karen Barber | 10610 comments Just ordered this for our school library. Have to start with Wonderwoman.

Felicia I have Wonderwoman to read too! But I don’t know when I’ll get to it.

Felicia I can't believe I forgot to update! So here's a big update. Lol.

Chapter 5-17 (view spoiler)

Felicia 69%(view spoiler)

Felicia Finished (view spoiler)

message 33: by Lee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lee | 1443 comments Felicia wrote: "Chapter 1-4 I love Bruce Wayne. Even this young Bruce Wayne. He’s still a badass and he isn’t even Batman yet! I can’t wait for him to become Batman. 😁

And I can’t believe they assigned him to Ark..."

(view spoiler)

Felicia Erin wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Chapter 1-4 I love Bruce Wayne. Even this young Bruce Wayne. He’s still a badass and he isn’t even Batman yet! I can’t wait for him to become Batman. 😁

And I can’t believe they ass..."

RIGHT! (view spoiler)

message 35: by Lee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lee | 1443 comments Felicia wrote: "Erin wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Chapter 1-4 I love Bruce Wayne. Even this young Bruce Wayne. He’s still a badass and he isn’t even Batman yet! I can’t wait for him to become Batman. 😁

And I can’t bel..."

It makes no sense to me!!! Haha.

message 36: by Lee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lee | 1443 comments Felicia wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Felicia Just you wait! It all clicks together eventually! 😁 Marie Lu is a genius.

message 38: by Lee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lee | 1443 comments Felicia wrote: "69%[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 39: by Lee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lee | 1443 comments Felicia wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Felicia Erin wrote: "Felicia wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

I'm really glad you liked it!! I thought it was alright.

I wasn't surprised when Madeleine's brother appeared. I don't know why, but I didn't. I guess I'm ge..."

I own it but haven't read it yet. D:

message 41: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Does anyone know if this book is okay to read as a standalone or should I read the first DC Icon book first?

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Joining this!

message 43: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Ari wrote: "Joining this!"

Still debating whether to! Let me know how you like it :)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Ari wrote: "Joining this!"

Still debating whether to! Let me know how you like it :)"

Okay!

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Chapters 1-7
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Chapter 8-20
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Chapter 23-24
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Finishing
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Ari wrote: "Joining this!"

Still debating whether to! Let me know how you like it :)"

Hey Skye! I enjoyed this book! I think if you like Batman and/or Marie Lu you'd enjoy this novel. My only flaw is the plot seems kind of boring/filler like a little during the middle.

message 50: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I am into Batman😁 if I get time I'll definitely give it a go! I was hoping I'd get the wonder woman one first,but someone in my library hasn't returned it 😐