THE Group for Authors! discussion

Jon Zelig
This topic is about Jon Zelig
Publishing and Promoting > What's the Deal with Finding Latest Ratings/Reviews?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon Zelig | 6 comments When I get a new rating/review, I can see my numbers (quantity and quality) change on the author dashboard. But I haven't found any way other than wading through all reviews to find out which one is new.

And in some cases a book will show that there are 3 ratings, and, no matter where I look, I can only find 2.

What obvious thing am I overlooking?

thx
JZ

message 2: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Duggan | 14 comments Jon wrote: "When I get a new rating/review, I can see my numbers (quantity and quality) change on the author dashboard. But I haven't found any way other than wading through all reviews to find out which one i..."

I just had this happen. Apparently the total on the dashboard takes effect before the actual rating/review. Wait a day or two, then refresh the page if it doesn't show up.

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon Zelig | 6 comments thanks Eileen--always grateful for enlightenment

message 4: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Jon, feel welcome to link us to the book in question if a new review or rating isn't reflecting after a day or two.

Please note that you can sort reviews and ratings by newest by scrolling down to the Community Reviews section and selecting Sort: Newest at the top right.

message 5: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Kane | 1 comments I've had similar issues - except in my case more than 30 of my "TBR" entries by readers have completely disappeared. They show on my dashboard but not on the actual book entry. It's very annoying.
A review also wasn't showing up - to fix that, I went into edit book details, and there's a link on the right to refresh ratings or something like that. I could finally see my review, but the TBRs are still missing.
Good luck in fixing your issue!

message 6: by Jon (new)

Jon Zelig | 6 comments Would it make sense if I said, "I appreciate 'the solidarity of irritation and perplexity'"?

Well . . . I hope it does.

Because . . . I do.

Doubtless all kinds of things that I simply fail to notice or "process correctly." To hear that other people are experiencing similar issues is, perhaps a little perversely, reassuring.

thx,
JZ

message 7: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Hi all! If rating and review numbers aren't matching up, this usually boils down to a caching delay. The website works on a caching system, which means that it can take a little while for data to sync, or fully propagate, across all areas of the site. Caching delays can fluctuate depending on server workload on any given day. We have worked, and are still working, on ways to decrease caching delays!

message 8: by Jon (new)

Jon Zelig | 6 comments Very much appreciate the response (and all the others)!

I think there is some minor conflation of issues here.

One issue is "how fast do things go up, and sync across the site" (question answered!).

The other is if there is some way you can effectively say, "show me the most recent ratings/reviews first." I'll sometimes see that I got a rating/review and I'll have to scroll through pretty much every review before (usually) finding the most recent one by date.

thx,
JZ

message 9: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Jon wrote: "The other is if there is some way you can effectively say, "show me the most recent ratings/reviews first." I'll sometimes see that I got a rating/review and I'll have to scroll through pretty much every review before (usually) finding the most recent one by date."

Sure! Sort by "Newest" under "Community Reviews" header on the book page.