Hooked on Books discussion

Archive > 2018 Goals!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Johnni (new)

Johnni Quest (johnniquest) | 1226 comments It's here! It's here! It's finally here! Guys! It's 2018!!!!!

description

What are your reading goals for 2018?

Will you be joining in on the Goodreads challenge? How many books will you attempt to read?

Do you have other goals? New genres to try out? Series to finish? A daily page count to reach?

message 2: by Johnni (new)

Johnni Quest (johnniquest) | 1226 comments My goals this year include my GR reading challenge of 125 books. I also want to catch up on some series. Specifically, I want to get caught up on:

The Dresden Files
All of Ilona Andrews' series
All of Jay Kristoff's series

In general though, I just want to finish series this year :D

message 3: by Leane (new)

Leane Happy New Year, everyone!

My 2018 reading goals:

* finish 60 books (I plan on writing a lot more so less reading)

* read a classic

* finish physical TBR pile

* read all the books assigned in the P&G book club

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 273 comments Read 48 books. (for books per month)
Finish series that I didn't finish in 2017
Read more series like ( Vampire Academy, Percy Jackson, Shadow Hunter Chronicles, Legend trilogy, Grisha Trilogy, Six of Crows Duology)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

My yearly goal is to read 50 books. I also want to focus on just one book at a time.

message 6: by Cassie (last edited Jan 02, 2018 10:10PM) (new)

Cassie (thatperson3) I'll be moving to Korea in August so I lowed my reading goal this year to 45 books. This Year I want to Read more new releases and get back into Manga.

message 7: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine | 46 comments My Goodreads challenge goal is to read 50 books.

My other reading goals are:
- Decrease my (massive) tbr by at least 25 books.
- Read A Song of Ice and Fire series (because I still haven't and I really should get to them, as well as the tv series...)
- Finish series that I've started a long time ago but never got around to reading the last book (even though I've had it for a long time)

message 8: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Happy new years to everyone! Good luck with all of your challanges and happy reading for 2018.

My 2018 reading goals:
- Read 40 books
- Catch up on Cassandra Clare´s Shadowhunter Chronicles for the Release of Queen of Air and Darkness in December
- Read more Nordic Litterature
- Finish up and catch up on series
- Decrease my TBR with at least 50% for 2019
- Read more new releases
- Read more thicker books
- Read the entire Heros of Olympus series by Rick Riordan

message 9: by Johnni (new)

Johnni Quest (johnniquest) | 1226 comments matilde wrote: "Happy new years to everyone! Good luck with all of your challanges and happy reading for 2018.

My 2018 reading goals:
- Read 40 books
- Catch up on Cassandra Clare´s Shadowhunter C..."

I'm one of those people has a very big TBR, so the idea of trying to get through half of it gave me a little dash of panic lol. I've come to terms with the fact that I always have a big TBR haha

message 10: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Johnni wrote:"I'm one of those people has a very big TBR, so the idea of trying to get through half of it gave me a little dash of panic lol. I've come to terms with the fact that I always have a big TBR haha "

That´s great for you! My TBR really isn´t that big so getting through the books I don´t reckon will be a problem. The problem is me impulse buying shit I don´t need..

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie My 2018 Goals Read Goals:

1. Read 100 books or more. (I might lower it to 50 again if i get too busy with college and work.)
2. Read all unread books on my bookshelf.
3. Finish series I start in 2017.
4. Read all books on my kindle.

message 12: by Rebecca Burke (new)

Rebecca Burke My goals for 2018 are to read at least 2 books per week. Yes 8 books average per month. If I am able to do this I should be able to read 120 books at least.

message 13: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 57 comments Hoping to hit 50 books this year!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a goal of 100 books this year and I am already 14 books behind! I really haven't been reading a lot this year - just can't seem to find my reading mojo.

message 15: by Jenny (new)

Jenny I'm trying for 100 this year and focusing on my TBR pile. I'm doing pretty good so far.(mostly because i started good reads and this is awesome). I applaud all of you who are going to finish your TBR....like i will definitely never do that(current count is over 600), but i do want to knock some off that have been there for years.

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) My goals this year have been pretty simple.

1. Read 100 books
2. Read books that are on my TBR pile
3. Expand my reading horizons

message 17: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) My only real goal this year is to focus on books I already own. I have done...okay at that so far.

I'd also, low-key, like to read 50 books, but I know it's been hard to keep my usual pace of ~100 books a year with some of the outside-of-reading-goals that have been going on this year.

Beatrice Longbottom | 86 comments My official Reading Challenge goal on GR is 100 books. I'm having a hard time finishing books lately, though!

I also want to read more (like, a LOT more) books that I already own and less library books.

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Brave wrote: "My only real goal this year is to focus on books I already own. I have done...okay at that so far.

I'd also, low-key, like to read 50 books, but I know it's been hard to keep my usual pace of ~100..."

Very well thought out!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Beatrice wrote: "My official Reading Challenge goal on GR is 100 books. I'm having a hard time finishing books lately, though!

I also want to read more (like, a LOT more) books that I already own and less library ..."

I've been the same way. Just remember, the worst thing you can do (in my opinion) is force yourself to keep reading a book you'd rather put down and try again later.

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) | 206 comments Mod
My 2018 goals were a bust. But I am getting all my books set up for 2019. When will that thread open up?