Book Break discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive BOTM Nominations > February BOTM 2018 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2018 08:55PM) (new)

Here is how February BOTM is going to work.

You can nominate books up until January 15th 2017. Then I will create a poll which will last until January 26th 2017. This will then give people some time to obtain the book before February 1st.

Please only nominate up to two books per person. Also please only nominate books that are stand alone or are the first book in a series. Don't nominate a book that has already been a BOTM and please only nominate books that are young adult or middle grade.

Authors: You are allowed to nominate one book per book of the month nomination that you wrote as long as it has already been published, is either young adult or middle grade and hasn't been a BOTM book in this group before. If you want to nominate a second book that it can’t be one written by you.

If you have any questions please post them in the Question and Answer thread in the general folder.

Books Nominated:
Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer ALEX HUNT and the Chase for Rhapta - A Relic Chaser Adventure by Urcelia Teixeira
Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake Let it Snow by John Green

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Patterson my two nominations are Warcross by Marie Lu and Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Those two books are added to the list.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I am going to nominate Renegades by Marissa Meyer.

message 5: by Urcelia (new)

Urcelia Teixeira (urcelia_teixeira) | 1 comments Can I be cheeky and nominate my own book? 😬

ALEX HUNT and the Chase for Rhapta - A Relic Chaser Adventure

Description
An Archaeological Adventure Mystery for Indiana Jones lovers!

Based on the true legend of the Lost City of Rhapta which mysteriously disappeared off the coast of Africa.

I am Alex Hunt, daughter of the famous Archaeological Hunt Team. Head Researcher and... Relic Chaser!

When Alex Hunt's mother tragically dies during her lifelong quest to find Africa's Lost City of Rhapta, Alex develops Agoraphobia (an unnatural fear of specific places and situations) and vows never to chase again.
So when her father, Professor Charles Hunt, Head of Archaeology at a prestigious British University mysteriously disappears several years later, it leaves her with no choice and forces her out of hiding to find him.

With nothing to lose, battling her worse fears and with the mighty University behind her, she sets off to Tanzania, Africa in search of her missing father.

The chivalrous and charismatic Sam Quinn, the University's illusive top Archaeology student accompanies her, and she finds herself in unfamiliar territory with a man who manages to chip away her self-built walls.

Her action-packed adventure through the treacherous African Jungle brings forth an abundance of danger, fear, and heartache as she rediscovers her love for life and ancient relics, beyond her cocooning existence and disease.

Will she find her father and the Lost City of Rhapta or will she die under the curse and fearing Rhaptor-bird guarding the treasure?

This book is an epic tale of riddle solving relic hunting, courage and fantasy that will without doubt delight lovers of Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, and the likes. Buckle up treasure hunters. Africa waits for no one.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:27PM) (new)

Sure. Updated. Also anyone who is an author I edited the nomination rules to include what to do if you have written a book that you want to nominate.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2018 08:33PM) (new)

Can I nominate Three Dark Crowns and Let it Snow?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Updated.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.