2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Manduh's 150 books for 2018

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Jan 02, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments In 2017, I challenged myself to read 300 books and I accomplished 309 books. For 2018 I decided to cut last years challenge in half and go for 150 :)

https://www.goodreads.com/user_challe...
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

The top link will have all the books I have read so far this year . Please fill free to click on it to see where I am in my 2018 challenge. The other link will have any reviews I have posted in regards to the books I have read. I will also post the books on here in a monthly format where I rate them but, as I said above, the reviews can be found there. I will keep this updated as best as possible. I look forward to accomplishing my goal and if you have any recommendations please feel free to give them to me. Thank you!

FYI: Most if not all the books I have on this list will be MM Romance with the occasional MF Romance popping in every now and then. I am a sucker for Romance lol

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) BookReader87 wrote: "In 2017, I challenged myself to read 300 books and I accomplished 309 books. For 2018 I decided to cut last years challenge in half and go for 150 :)"

Why is that Bookreader87? Is 2018 going to be a special year for you?

In any case, I'm wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy reading/New Year!!

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Susy wrote: "BookReader87 wrote: "In 2017, I challenged myself to read 300 books and I accomplished 309 books. For 2018 I decided to cut last years challenge in half and go for 150 :)"

Why is that Bookreader87..."

With the New Year comes new things, I don't have anything particularly special going on but who knows what will happen in 2018 lol. I just want to take my time with my challenge this year. Read the books and soak them in :)

message 4: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Apr 03, 2018 10:15AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments JANUARY

Book 1: Deal Maker
My Rating: 4 stars- I enjoyed the book.
Book 2: Walking on Thin Ice
My Rating: 2 stars- Not for me, I did not like it.
Book 3: Scrambled Eggs and Lemsip
My Rating: 3 stars - Cute little short. Follow up to Rule Breaker.
Book 4: Green Eyed Monsters
My Rating: 4 stars- Short: Set between the end of Deal Maker & before its Epilogue. Jealousy is not usually my thing but I liked this one.
Book 5: Felix and the Prince
My Rating: 3 stars - It was ok.
Book 6: Out
My Rating: 4 stars - Really liked it! Added to favorites.
Book 7: Out For the Holidays
My Rating: 3 stars - This was ok. Henry and Zach still cute but the story had too much going on.
Book 8: A Love Song for the Sad Man in the White Coat
My Rating: 3 stars - The ending was rushed and felt ingenuine bringing down the overall rating.
Book 9: Let's Hear It for the Boy
My Rating: 3.5 stars - Sad, hopeful and too short.
Book 10: Rebound
My Rating: 3 stars- Based on it being a new author. ARC.
Book 11: Shiver
My Rating: 3.5 stars- Entertaining action with a dose of lust.
Book 12: Unbreakable Stories: Lucas
My Rating: 3.5 stars- Takes place after the events in Shiver. A deeper dive into the MCs relationship. It was a nice fun read.
Book 13: Dissolution
My Rating: 3 stars- I loved the 2 previous books. This one was a let down.
Book 14: The Burn List
My Rating: 3 stars- fun & sexy read.
Book 15: Cruising
My Rating: 3 stars- short fun read.
Book 16: How To Save A Life
My Rating: 2 stars- This book was sloppy and all over the place. I also found the 2 MCs to be huge hypocrites since they don't practice what they preach.
Book 17:Just Like That (Gone and Changed): A Midwestern Gay Romance
My Rating: 3.5 stars- Friends to lovers. I really enjoyed this one.
Book 18: Nobody's Butterfly
My Rating: 4 stars- Interesting read.
Book 19: Wrapped Up in You : A Valentine's Day Short Story
My Rating: 3.5 stars- Cute short story of couple who has been together for 3 years.
Book 20: Skater Boy
My Rating: 3 stars- It was ok.
Book 21: The Remaking of Corbin Wale
My Rating: 4 stars- Wonderful read. I really enjoyed this book.

Books read in January: 21
Overall Stats: 21/150

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) BookReader87 wrote: "With the New Year comes new things, I don't have anything particularly special going on but who knows what will happen in 2018 lol. I just want to take my time with my challenge this year. Read the books and soak them in :) "

Sounds good!

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Blagica wrote: "Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year."

Thank you :)

message 8: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Apr 03, 2018 10:16AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments FEBRUARY
Book 22: The Perfectionist: Sin City Sentries - Book Two
My Rating: 2.5- stars. Not for me.
Book 23: Finders Keepers
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Sweet feel good read.
Book 24: Everywhere With You
My Rating: 2.5 stars. Too much book not enough story.
Book 25: Dirty Fighters
My Rating: 3 stars. Short but hot.
Book 26: Body and Soul
My Rating: 4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this book. Had so many qualities I like in a book. Both MCs were great.
Book 27: Best of Both Worlds
My Rating: 3 stars. Not a fan of this type of writing style.
Book 28:fawn
My Rating: 5 stars. I loved it. It's short but so beautiful.
Book 29: An Exaltation of Larks
My Rating: 4.5 stars. Well written. Heartbreakingly beautiful. Highly recommend reading it.
Book 30: A Charm of Finches
My Rating: 4 stars. Difficult topic but a great read.
Book 31:Tales from Cushman Row
My Rating: 4 stars. Neat behind the scene look of an author's mind. Includes scenes from A Charm of Finches that did not make the cut.
Book 32: Beck
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Short read.
Book 33: Josh
My Rating: 3 stars. Short and sweet.
Book 34: Call Me by Your Name
My Rating: 3.5 stars. The 17/24 age gap bothered me and as much as I wanted to ignore it, I found that I could not.
Book 35: Sticking It
My Rating: 3 stars. The ending was too aprupt.
Book 36: Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology
My Rating: 3 stars. Book contains multiple stories my rating is the overall average.
Book 37: Look the Part
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Started off good but fizzled out.
Book 38: The Silver Cage
My Rating: 4 stars. Thought provoking.
Book 39: Shattered
My Rating: 2 stars.

Books read in February: 18
Overall Stats: 39/150

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wow, you’re on a roll!

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Susy wrote: "Wow, you’re on a roll!"

:)

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 37 comments BookReader87 wrote: "JANUARY

Your doing great!

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Temitayomiyoshiseun wrote: "BookReader87 wrote: "JANUARY

Your doing great!"

Thank you :)

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are going great keep up the great reads!

message 14: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Apr 03, 2018 10:16AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments MARCH
Book 40: Ever After
My Rating: 3 stars. Ok read. Slow build.
Book 41: Jesse's Smile
My Rating; 3.5 stars. Enjoyable read with one major event towards the end.
Book 42: Taxes and Tardis
My Rating: 3 stars. Short solid read.
Book 43: Second Chance Valentine
My Rating: 2.5 stars. MPreg weirdness and contained more violence than love.
Book 44: Lost Soul: AJ's Burden
My Rating: 3 stars. There was nothing wrong with it but I just did not like it much.
Book 45: Beauty and His Beast
My Rating: 2.5 stars. Interesting take on a Beauty and Beast Story.
Book 46: A Valentine's Tail
My Rating: 2 stars. The short is about the couple from book 3 in the series adopting dogs.
Book 47: Robbie
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Good start to the series.
Book 48: Gray For You
My Rating: 3.5ish stars. Enjoyed it but was too long and dragged out.
Book 49: Leaning Into the Look
My Rating: 4 stars. Enjoyed it even if I found the MC a bit high strung.
Book 50: Fake Out
My Rating: 3.75 stars. Fun read.
Book 51: Reaching Avery
My Rating: 3 stars. I love the author but not this book.
Book 52: A Wish Upon the Stars
My Rating: 4.5 stars. Love this book, love this series and love, love, love the characters. Great ending to Sam's perspective.
Book 53 & 54: Rip Cord: The Reunion & The WeekendRip Cord: The Ever After
My Rating: 2.5 stars. I read the entire trilogy but goodreads does not have the option for that. Overall it was not for me.

Books read in March: 15
Overall Stats: 54/150

message 15: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Blagica wrote: "You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you."

message 17: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Apr 30, 2018 04:07PM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments APRIL
Book 55: Nobody's Prince Charming
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Best book in the series, so far. Enjoyable read.
Book 56: Mister Cinderella
My Rating: 2.5 stars. I was given an ARC. The book was not for me.
Book 57: Exhale
My Rating: 3 stars. I was given an ARC. Enemy to lover story with a shifter twist.
Book 58: Rescuing His Heart
My Rating: 3 stars. An enjoyable read but, it did have too much repetitiveness for my liking.
Book 59: Conned
My Rating: 4 stars. Short fun read with a twist.
Book 60: Murmuration
My Rating: 3 stars. Not your usual TJ Klune book. There is always the underlying feeling that something just isn't right when reading this one. The book had an interesting concept with a good twist for the reader's.
Book 61: Natural Enemies
My Rating: 3 stars. Cute story about a blossoming romance between two botanist.
Book 62: Psycho Romeo
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Entertaining read with a sweet romance.
Book 63: Glitterland
My Rating: 4 stars. Opposites attract romance.
Book 64: Evolved
My Rating: 4.5 stars. Romance between and an Android and a human.
Book 65: One Good Man
My Rating: 5 stars. Sweet read!
Book 66: Transcend
My Rating: 4 stars. A page turner with an interesting plot and a crazy ending.
Book 67: Maybe Not
My Rating: 4 stars. I loved it. The story of Warren and Bridgette I so needed.

Books read in April: 13
Overall Stats: 67/150

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Blagica wrote: "A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?"

An Exaltation of Larks (the entire Venery series really) & A Wish Upon the Stars have been the stand outs, so far, this year. T.J. Klune can't really go wrong for me :)

message 20: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments I will have to look into it.

message 21: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Jun 04, 2018 09:04AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments MAY
Book 68: A True Fit
My Rating: 4 solid stars. Friends to lovers. Sweet, low angst, and mostly happy read.
Book 69: Perfect Imperfections
My Rating: 2.5 stars. There was something missing in this story for me. I could not connect with the characters.
Book 70: Point of No Return
My Rating: 4 stars. Good solid read with likable characters.
Book 71: This Time Around
My Rating: 2.5 stars. I did not like this book. The MC's were childish and unlikable.
Book 72: Three's Company
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Interesting read about a developing relationship between 3 men.
Book 73: Until the Stars Fall
My Rating: 2.5 stars. I did not like the flow of the book and I also thought there was too much drama for such little pages.
Book 74: Trained
My Rating: 4 stars. I really liked this book even though I thought the end felt rushed.
Book 75: Not a Game
My Rating: 3.5 Stars. Adorably cute read.
Book 76: Pride
My Rating: 2.5 stars. Did not really like this book. It also got really preachy towards the end.
Book 77: The Swap
My Rating: 4 stars. I really enjoyed most aspects of this book except the serial killer bit. The book was good and probably better without it.
Book 78: Ethan, Who Loved Carter
My Rating: 4 Stars. Nice read. The couple both have disabilities that others might look down upon or not understand but they understand each other.
Book 79: Love in Spades
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Security/client trope. It was entertaining enough.
Book 80: Standby
My Rating: 2 stars. Weird short story. Not my cuppa.
Book 81: Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Nice read about an actor who has to go into hiding. I enjoyed the connections he made with the family he stayed with.

Books read in May: 14
Overall Stats: 81/150

message 22: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments April Showers bring May flowers I hope May brings lots of great reads and sunshine!

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Blagica wrote: "April Showers bring May flowers I hope May brings lots of great reads and sunshine!"

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments 75 out 150. Half way through. Yay, me! LOL ;)

message 25: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Bookreader87(Amanda) wrote: "75 out 150. Half way through. Yay, me! LOL ;)"

Nice going Amanda!!

message 26: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Jun 29, 2018 09:48AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments JUNE
Book 82: Home Skillet
My Rating: 3 stars. I was given an ARC of this book, it is best friends to lovers. I feel that the author did not build enough on background of the two MCs for me to love this one.
Book 83: The Song of Achilles
My Rating: 3 stars. This may be one of the "it's me and not the book." This one seems loved but I did not love it. Achilles was too prideful and his love for Patroclus was not shown enough for me to buy into his pain at the end.
Book 84: Julien
My Rating: 3 stars. This book was ok. I preferred the scenes outside the bedroom more than anything.
Book 85: The One Ring Sean Kerr
My Rating: 4 stars. A short that both amused me and grossed me out. Hilarious ending.
Book 86: In the Wreckage
My Rating: 3 stars. First book in the series. I didn't really love it but am still willing to give book 2 a try.
Book 87:Twenty-One Arrow Salute
By Rating: 4.5 stars. Kasia Bacon just knows what she is doing when it comes to writing shorts. I loved it. It has so much in so little pages. I would read anything by this author.
Book 88: Hide And Keep
My Rating: 4 stars. I really enjoyed this book. I had to rush to get to the next in the series. There is just something about the two MCs that draws me in.
Book 89: Safe And Sound
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Short but still entertaining.
Book 90: Spark And Flame
My Rating: 4 stars. I can't put these books down. Aiden and Lane are one of my new favorite couples.
Book 91: In The Kill
My Rating: 4 stars. Thoroughly entertaining. Really like the idea of this series crossing over with the Lake Cliff series.
Book 92:Hide and Kill
My Rating: 4 stars. I'm hooked and I don't care. I love it. Lavendar is probably my favorite of all the characters.
Book 93:Bleed and Seek
My Rating: 5 stars. My favorite book of the series.
Book 94: Find and Keep
My Rating: 3.5 stars. I love the series but this book had too much Paul and Reginald in it.
Book 95: Lust Marry Kill
My Rating: 3 stars. Turns out I am not a fan of Paul and Reginald. I like the author but not this book couple.
Book 96:Mr. Harcourt and the Hurricane
My Rating: 3.5 stars. This book takes place before Lust Marry Kill, however, I read it after. It is a much better book and Hayes should have been the one for Reginald.
Book 97: The Madmen of Beldon Hall
My Rating: 2.5 stars. The book dragged on and the back and forth at the beginning turned me off.
Book 98: Trick Play
My Rating: 3.5 stars. The last 25% of this book was the best while the rest was so,so.

Books read in June: 17
Overall stats: 98/150

message 27: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Aug 01, 2018 03:19PM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments JULY
Book 99: Galaxies and Oceans
My Rating: 3 stars. I love the author but not this book. It was a slow burn that felt like it dragged.
Book 100: Leaning Into the Fall
My Rating: 4 Stars. Really enjoyed this one. Nick turned out not to be such a bad guy.
Book 101: Leaning Into Forever
My Rating: 4 stars. I felt for Geordie. Losing his love of 10 years had to be heartbreaking. Finding someone attractive 4 years later can stir all kinds of emotions. This book was done well with the past love and new love. Some authors tend to make it seem like the new love interest has to compete with a ghost not so much here and that's why I enjoyed it.
Book 102:A Thief in the Night
My Rating: 2 stars. I like the author but not this book
Book 103: Glitter on the Garland
My Rating: 4 stars. Cute read with a friends/lovers romance.
Book 104: Sparkle to the Season
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Follow up to Glitter on the Garland takes place 7 years later.
Book 105: Love, Never-Ending
My Rating: 2 stars. The wrong way to do m/m/m. I just did not like the set up or the story.
Book 106: Femme
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Opposites attract.
Book 107: Masc
My Rating: 3 stars. Takes place 6 months after Femme with the couple now together and figuring out their relationship.
Book 108: Everyday History
My Rating: 4 stars. Great read, really makes you seed everyday things in a new light.
Book 109: Elements of Retrofit
My Rating: 4 stars. Great start to the series. Age-gap romance.
Book 110: Clarity of Lines
My Rating: 4.5 stars. I love Cooper and Tom. Their relationship is moving along and now it comes time to introduce each other to their families.
Book 111: Sense of Place
My Rating: 5 stars. This couple is so good together. I love a well established couple who loves just shines through the pages.
Book 112: Smoke in the Mirror
My Rating: 3 stars. An okay read.
Book 113: Cronin's Key
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Good start to a series which involves vampires and a human who is the key to saving them.
Book 114: Cronin's Key II
My Rating: 4 stars. Follow-up book. Alec is still the key and still has a task to perform as a human before he can be turned to a vampire and spend forever with Cronin.
Book 115: Cronin's Key III
My Rating: 4 stars. It's been 12 months since Alec has been changed. He was gifted with every vampire known. It's seem the more powers the more problems. Just when they think they have found some peace an even bigger enemy comes to town. Now Alec and his group has to defend the world against them.
Book 116: The Boyfriend Game
My Rating: 3.5 stars. A fun, practically angst free, read.
Book 117: Risk Taker
My Rating: 4 stars. Another entertaining book by this author filled with quick wit and banter.
Book 118: Vanilla Clouds
My Rating: 4 stars. Short but as always this author packs it with so much goodness.
Book 119: A Right Royal Affair
My Rating: 2 stars. Did not like it very much.

Books read in July: 21
Overall stats: 119/150

message 28: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Aug 31, 2018 02:27PM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments AUGUST
Book 120: Ravensong
My Rating: 4 stars. Loved reading Gordo's story and discovering his history with the Bennett pack.
Book 121: A Little Bit like Desire
My Rating: 3.5 Stars. Cute angst free story about a rockstar who finds his muse in a local tattoo artist.
Book 122: Captive
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Good start to a series about a vampire-incubi who is captured by a incubus and used as a weapon in a war he does not want to be part of.
Book 123: Sire
My Rating: 3.5 stars. The ending of this one pissed me off but it was still and entertaining read.
Book 124:Broken
My Rating: 3 stars. Not as entertaining as the previous two and a bit too repetitive for my liking.
Book 125: Shatter
My Rating 3.5 stars. I love Snow and I love Jude the paramedic who was finally able to penetrate the doctors heart.
Book 126:Unbreakable Stories: Snow
My Rating: 4 stars. I like the short sometimes more than the longer stories. They really go into the relationships more and I love seeing the connection between the men being explored.
Book 127:The Butterfly Garden
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Interesting and frustrating read. For something as horrific as what was happening with the girls in this story lasting for over 30 years without anyone knowing is insane.
Book 128:Torch
My Rating: 3 stars. I liked the book but felt like Mel was taken out for the sole purpose of giving Rowe the story line with Noah. I am also not a big fan of story lines where one is getting over their dead lover. It tends to bring the story down.
Book 129:Unbreakable Stories: Rowe
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Again, the shorts are so entertaining and give you a better idea about the relationship between the 2 men in the previous story. It helps build a better understanding of why they work.
Book 130:Devour
My Rating: 4.5 stars. I knew that Hollis and Ian's story would be my favorite and I was not let down. It had the perfect mix of romance and action. They are my favorites of the characters and I am so happy they finally got together.
Book 131:Unbreakable Stories: Ian
My Rating: 4 stars. I liked this one but it was not as good as previous shorts. However, Hollis & Ian are still #1.
Book 132:Blaze
My Rating: 3 stars. This book had too much of Lucas's family from Oklahoma and not enough of his family from Cincinnati. Also, for a book that is leading up to his and Andrei's big day there just wasn't enough of them together in it. It was a let down for me. Although, the big day was lovely.
Book 133:Priest
My Rating: 3.5 stars. For me this was the best of the 3 books. It finally made me see how Robbie could fit into the relationship.
Book 134: The Enchanter's Flame
My Rating: 3 stars. Good start to the series.
Book 135: Gemini Keeps Capricorn
My Rating: 5 stars. I loved it! The quick witted banter between the Wesley and Lloyd kept me entertained from start to finish.
Book 136: Gemini Rules Capricorn
My Rating: 4 stars. A short about the couples bedroom games.
Book 137: Dantès Unglued
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Action and romance is what these authors do best. Quinn and Shane's story was entertaining.
Book 138: Deadly Dorian
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Royce and Marc's story was another action mixed with romance. It was fun to read but I did feel like things got muddled along the way.
Book 139: Flirt
My Rating: 2 stars. I was not a fan of this short. Stevie was just not a character I liked very much and Evan was too much of a pushover for me.
Book 140:Rebound
My Rating: 3.5 stars. A short that allows reader insight of how Aron and Wyatt got together.
Book 141: Jackson
My Rating: 4 stars. A short story where Wade is in need of protection from his brother. Jackson a recently hired body guard is placed on the job. If you know Ward Security then you know they can't seem to keep their hands of their clients. This is no different lol
Book 142: Found at Sea
My Rating: 4 stars. Action, adventure and romance what else can I ask for. I really enjoyed this book about a coldhearted captain who finds himself being challenged by a spit fire red head.
Book 143: Wilde Fire
My Rating: 3.5 stars. The story of Otto and Seth who were childhood best friends turned lovers that were separated at 18 and reconnected 10 years later. It was good.
Book 144: In Dreams.. a Forbidden M/M Romance short
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Good writing but the topic at hand feels me with mixed emotions.
Book 145: Learning Curve
My Rating: 2.5 stars. Too short sometimes lead to too fast of a romance.

Books read in August: 26
Overall stats: 145/150

message 29: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Oct 09, 2018 09:13AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments SEPTEMBER
Book 146: Private Charter
My Rating: 3 stars. Not much goes on in this book I was left quiet bored but the ending was cute.
Book 147: Hudson's Luck
My Rating: 3.5 stars. The only straight Wilde realizes he may not be so straight. Fun read with low angst.
Book 148: Merge Ahead
My Rating: 3.5 Stars. The story of two individuals who form a relationship and merge their lives together from work, family and friends.
Book 149: Beyond the Sea
My Rating: 3.5 stars. A pop star is stranded on an island with his pilot. The two form a relationship while trying to survive.
Book 150:Ballsy
My Rating: 3 Stars. Short introduction to the boys of the Ballsy series.
Book 151:His Grandfather's Watch
My Rating: 4.5 stars. I love this short story it had so much emotion packed in so little pages. The second story was so powerful and heartbreaking.
Book 152: Rebel
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Even porno's have a story line. This book is about a porn star who finds a guy who he likes. The guy is skittish and he just has to pull out the emotions slowly as to not scare him away. Fun and entertaining to read.
Book 153: Tank
My Rating: 3 stars. An ok read where to enemies turn into so much more. Sometimes you have to look beyond the facade people put on to really know who they are.
Book 154: Heart
My Rating: 2.5 stars. I would have been good with a story between Heart and Mason, however, the author wanted to throw Lucky in the mix too. It just didn't work for me.
Book 155:Oliver Ever After
My Rating: 3.5 stars. This book had good moments but the MCs self-deprecation became too much and took away from the book.
Book 156: Dumped
My Rating: 3 stars. Getting dumped before your wedding sucks especially if you're a wedding coordinator. However, sometimes things aren't meant to be because there is someone else better for you. That's what happens here.
Book 157: Any Given Lifetime
My Rating: 4 stars. Beautiful book about reincarnation and given another chance at a love that know no bounds.
Book 158: Ride or Dye
My Rating: 4 stars. I love Gabe and Josh and this was a fun read about a vacation gone so wrong. These two always seem to find trouble everywhere they go. It was also nice to catch up with them, their friends and their family.
Book 159: Red Dirt Christmas
My Rating: 5 stars. I LOVE TRAVIS AND CHARLIE. They are one of my all time top MM couples. This was a short about Travis's first Christmas in Australia. Charlie gives him a beautiful surprise.
Book 160: Red Dirt Heart
My Rating: 4 stars. This was a re-read because the previous book made me want to start from the beginning of Charlie and Travis. These two are just too cute.
Book 161:Goodbye Paradise
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Josh and Caleb grew up in a cult. Josh does not fit the cult's standards and gets thrown out. Caleb follows him. The two have been in love with each other for years. They finally explore their relationship and also have to adjust to living in the outside world. The rushed ending left me wanting more.
Book 162: One Night at Finn's
My Rating: 3.75 stars. Fun read about a chance encounter with the man of your dreams.
Book 163: Two Weeks and a Day
My Rating: 3 stars. An ok read where best friends become lovers.
Book 164:Can't Fight It
My Rating: 3.5 stars. I was waiting for Levi and Jay's story and I wasn't disappointed.
Book 165: Sadistic Sherlock
My Rating: 3 stars. An ok read with an age gap. A bit OTT for me but entertaining.
Book 166:Olive Juice
My Rating: 3.5 stars. Losing your kid is one of the hardest things to go through but having your kid gone missing and never having answers can destroy you. This story is about a married couple and the struggle their relationship had gone through after their daughter goes missing.
Book 167: Between Sinners and Saints
My Rating: 3.75 stars. You have to get through the first half to really get to the good parts of the book. When Levi stopped being a man whore and became the man Jamie need the story was beautiful.
Book 168:Honeymoon for One
My Rating: 4 stars. Finding your best friend and fiance in bed together the day before your wedding can really put a damper on things. Sometimes and escape from life is needed. Going on a honeymoon alone might sound crazy but it can also be life changing.

Books read in September: 23
Overall stats: 168/150 (YES I PASSED MY GOAL! Gunning for 200 now.)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Looks like I met my goal. I will be adding 50 more to it. So 200 here I come.

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments OCTOBER
Book 169: Fish Out of Water
My Rating: 5 stars for the audio and 3.5 stars for the story. I am not a fan of audio books but the narrator on this one was excellent.

message 32: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Bookreader87(Amanda) wrote: "Looks like I met my goal. I will be adding 50 more to it. So 200 here I come."

Wow, impressive Amanda! Congratulations and good luck on your new goal!

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 55 comments Susy wrote: "Bookreader87(Amanda) wrote: "Looks like I met my goal. I will be adding 50 more to it. So 200 here I come."

Wow, impressive Amanda! Congratulations and good luck on your new goal!"

Thank you!