SF/F Read Alongs discussion

Persepolis Rising (The Expanse, #7)
This topic is about Persepolis Rising
Read Alongs > [January] Persepolis Rising (The Expanse #7)

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by imyril (last edited Jan 21, 2018 05:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

imyril | 229 comments We said we'd pick up The Expanse read-along in January so I thought I'd get a board set up to check in on appetite and thrash out the details. Weekly breakdown courtesy of @Misforawesome!

Week 1: Prologue - Ch12, Sunday 14th Jan, hosted by @imyril at x+1
Week 2: Ch13 - Ch27, 28th Jan, hosted by Lisa at Over the Effing Rainbow
Week 3: Ch28 - Ch41, 4th Feb, hosted by @imyril at x+1
Week 4: Ch42 - End, 11th Feb, hosted by Lisa at Over the Effing Rainbow

Sarah (CoolCurryBooks) (CoolCurry) | 162 comments Sounds good to me! I'd prefer to host anytime after the first week, since I want some time to settle into the new semester.

Lisa (deargeekplace) | 468 comments Mod
I can take the first week if no one else wants to. I am so ready. :D

imyril | 229 comments Do you mind if I take dibs on week 1? I’ll be travelling again so I need to get my post written early :)

No problem! ;)

message 6: by Allie (new)

Allie (Tethys) | 79 comments I am still on board for the read-along! I don't think I'll be able to host any weeks this time, though, I have a lot of work stuff in Jan.

imyril | 229 comments Right, now with breakdown, yay!

I can take week 2 and also 4, if need be!

imyril | 229 comments Oh my. Gird your feelings and buckle up for the next big plot arc.

Questions for week 1: (view spoiler)

...and of course, any other thoughts / feelings / observations!

Sarah (CoolCurryBooks) (CoolCurry) | 162 comments Hi everyone. I think I'm going to need to drop out of the read along, or at least accept that I'm going to have trouble keeping up. Classes just started this week and the work load is a lot more than I was anticipating.

Would anyone be able to take over my week?

imyril | 229 comments I can take 3 if you’re still ok to take 4, Lisa?

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, no problem! Sarah, remember to take care of yourself and get plenty of sleep *fusses* ;)

Sarah (CoolCurryBooks) (CoolCurry) | 162 comments Thanks you guys!

imyril | 229 comments No worries!

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Here's my Week 1 post! http://overtheeffingrainbow.co.uk/201...

Sarah (CoolCurryBooks) (CoolCurry) | 162 comments I'm almost a week late, but I do have week 1! https://theillustratedpage.wordpress....

message 19: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Week 2 questions!

(view spoiler)

message 22: by imyril (last edited Jan 22, 2018 03:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

imyril | 229 comments Ahem, you’d be right to think I’m struggling to put this down. Week 3 questions - tackle these in any order you like as they overlap a bit!

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Allie (new)

Allie (Tethys) | 79 comments I just wanted to comment that I have not vanished! I am just not keeping up as well as I'd hoped. I'll have my posts up at some point!

message 24: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

No worries! In your own time.

Though, on that note, I just wrote up my week 3 post and I'm not wasting any more time than I have to in finishing the book, so you can probably expect my final questions pretty soon too. :D

message 26: by Allie (new)

Allie (Tethys) | 79 comments Coming in at the end, here my week two as well! https://tethyanbooks.blogspot.com/201...

message 27: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Woop woop :D

message 30: by Allie (new)

Allie (Tethys) | 79 comments Week 3, not quite as late as last week! https://tethyanbooks.blogspot.com/201...

message 31: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

So I hate to have to do this, but a lot of real life stuff has hit me out of the blue tonight, and dealing with that in order to prevent an anxiety-fest means I won't get this week's questions posted. Or possibly even my post written on time. So unless someone else can take it for me, it's going to be a few days behind schedule at least. Sorry, folks.

message 32: by Allie (new)

Allie (Tethys) | 79 comments I am still a few days behind schedule myself, so I don't mind if the last questions are a few days later than usual.

Sarah (CoolCurryBooks) (CoolCurry) | 162 comments I just finished section three, so obviously I don't care if section four is late.

imyril | 229 comments Absolutely. No rush :)

message 35: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

I appreciate how chill you all are. <3

message 36: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

OK! Finally setting myself back to blog work, starting with this. Final questions! :)

(view spoiler)

message 37: by Allie (new)