Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Jan 2018: Binti > POLL: VOTE NOW for the February 2018 ALT

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Jan 15, 2018 10:35PM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
GO TO POLL
Make your suggestions for February's ALT pick here to be included in the poll. Please include a link to the book's Goodreads page. [EDIT] Since February is Black History Month, I've picked The Salt Roads by Nalo Hopkinson instead of a book from the Suggested Reads for Vaginal Fantasy listopia.

For more information see The Vaginal Fantasy Alt Poll FAQ. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Nora wrote: "Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews"

We read that as an ALT in May 2016.

message 3: by AB (new)

AB | 34 comments Skyborn by Leia Stone,

or Matefinder also by Leia Stone

message 4: by Kerstin (last edited Jan 09, 2018 07:15AM) (new)

Kerstin (nemiqt) | 66 comments The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke.

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (wanderingflame) | 12 comments Hate to Want You by Alisha Rai

I've been meaning to read this one and it's also only $1.99 right now. I'm not sure when the sale ends but it's been that price since Jan 2 so it might last a little longer.

Voting starts Tuesday, January 16. Get your suggestions in now.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kearney (makeralfish) I took a look at some of the book reviews on Smart Bitches Trashy Books (highly recommend for romance books and fun) and I found two potentials:

Striking Distance This is part of a romantic suspense series but I think you can read this as a stand-alone. The thing that sold it for me was it sounds like the heroine, after going through something awful (trigger warning: mentions of rape) still remains strong and the hero isn't an overbearing alpha male.

Pale Moon RiderThis is a historical romance a la The Scarlet Pimpernel. This sounds more fluff than the other book. But the reviewer has read it a couple of times and highly recommends it.