YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > The Book Owls Jan/18

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (last edited Feb 03, 2018 01:48PM) (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1543 comments Mod
Introduction:
Hello Team members, I'm the Team Captain Joycedale, for this challenge you will be reading from the Series of the Month, Book of the Month, and one which is chosen by your captain, below are the books and a set Genre each month. The point system below will explain to you how to earn points and how many you get for each complete book. You also earn points for writing reviews, doing buddy reads and commenting on the discussion threads for the Series and Book of the month books below.
Good luck and if you have more questions feel free to ask your Captain.

Team Members-
Capt: Delitealex
Giselle
Vanessa
MKB

Point system:

1. Series points:
Novellas: 1 point each
Books are based on the amount of pages:
100-200 = 3 points
201-300 = 5 points
301-400 = 7 points
401-500 = 9 points
501-600 = 11 points
and so on.

Finish a complete series is = 10 points
but if you have already read part of the series before starting the challenge it is worth 8 points

Reviews - 2 points for each review written for the series books

Discussion Thread - 1 Point for discussing the series books in the thread

Buddy Reads - 4 points for BR in this group, 2 points for BR in any other group.

2. Bonus books:
are worth 10 points each

Reviews - 2 points for a review for each book

Discussion Thread - 1 Point for discussing the book in the discussion thread

Buddy Reads - 4 points for BR in this group, 2 points for BR in any other group.

3. Genre Books:

Books you read in the Genre catagory are based on page number.
100-200 = 2 points
201-300 = 4 points
301-400 = 6 points
401-500 = 8 points
501-600 = 10 points
and so on.

4. Graphic Novels/Manga (Reminder: they must fit the month genre to count, can NOT be just any GN/Manga)

Points are based on the amount of pages:
100-200 = 1 points
201-300 = 2 points
301-400 = 3 points
401-500 = 4 points
501-600 = 5 points
and so on.

Finish a complete series in genre category is = 6 points but if you have already read part of the series before starting the challenge it is worth 4 points

Reviews - 2 points for each review written for the genre books

Series:
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare

Bonus books:
Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1) by Gail Carriger

Genre:
FANTASY

TEAM POINTS

message 2: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 168 comments Mod
Bonus book
Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1) by Gail Carriger

message 3: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jan 27, 2018 10:24PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments Checking in! Awesome books to read this month!

MY POINTS

GENRE: FANTASY
Lailah (The Styclar Saga, #1) by Nikki Kelly
448 Pages - 8 Points
Review - 2 Points
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
720 Pages - 14 Points
Review - 2 Points
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare
680 Pages - 12 Points
Review - 2 Points
The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black
384 Pages - 6 Points
Review - 2 Points
Netherworld (The Chronicles of Koa Book 1) by K.N. Lee
380 Pages - 6 Points
Review - 2 Points
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare
736 Pages - 14 Points
Review - 2 Points

TOTAL POINTS: 72

message 4: by Delitealex (new)

Anyone have any books they want to buddy read?

message 5: by Delitealex (last edited Feb 01, 2018 08:35AM) (new)

My points

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #1) by Naoko Takeuchi p242 -2pts

Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs p286 - 4pts
Shadowhouse Fall (Shadowshaper, #2) by Daniel José Older p368 - 6 pts
Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones p310 - 6pts
Lumberjanes, Vol. 5 Band Together by Noelle Stevenson p112 - 1pt
Phantom of the Auditorium (Goosebumps, #24) by R.L. Stine p126 - 2pt
Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs p341 - 6 pts
Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson Moon Called, Volume 1 by David Lawrence p128- 1pt
Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs p342- 6pt
Under the Gun (Underworld Detection Agency, #4) by Hannah Jayne p301- 6pt
Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo p 364 - 10pt

Total 50 pts

message 6: by Giselle (new)

Giselle (gisellega) Yay, cant wait to start reading these.

message 7: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:09PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments @Delitealex -
I am planning to read these this month if you want to buddy read any of these:

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Huntress (Life After, #1) by Julie Hall The Rebels of Gold (Loom Saga #3) by Elise Kova

And reading this one this week for sure:
Lailah (The Styclar Saga, #1) by Nikki Kelly

message 8: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments I finished up my first book today for Lailah (The Styclar Saga, #1) by Nikki Kelly ! I am currently working on three others at the moment so those will come shortly as well.

I am at the beginning of each of these if anyone wants to buddy along. =]
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

message 9: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments I finished reading Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare and I have a few more books that I am currently working on. =]

message 10: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments I finished reading and reviewing The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black !

message 11: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1543 comments Mod
The signups for next month are posted if you'd like to particpate again https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 12: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments I finished up Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare and posted my review!

message 13: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments I finished reading Netherworld (The Chronicles of Koa Book 1) by K.N. Lee and posted my review!

message 14: by Delitealex (new)

Finished Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson Moon Called, Volume 1 by David Lawrence Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs Under the Gun (Underworld Detection Agency, #4) by Hannah Jayne

message 15: by Delitealex (last edited Jan 26, 2018 01:44PM) (new)

Hows everyone's reading going? I'm hoping to fit wonder woman in before the month is over :) I'm also going to the library tomorrow

message 16: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments Doing okay. Will be finishing the Infernal Devices series today with Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare and I am still part way through a couple of other books and I hope to finish them before the month it out. =]

message 17: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments Finished up Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare today and posted my points!

I am hoping to finish the other books that I have already started this month before the month is over. We'll see how it goes. =P

message 18: by Delitealex (new)

Reading woman hoping to finish tomorrow :)

message 19: by Delitealex (new)

Finished Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo hoping to finish Homeland (Forgotten Realms The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1) by R.A. Salvatore tonight

message 20: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 68 comments I am trying to finish up The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima today. I'm almost there, so fingers are crossed that nothing comes up to distract me. =P