The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Infernal Battalion (The Shadow Campaigns, #5)
This topic is about The Infernal Battalion
The Shadow Campaigns > TIB: General Discussion (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Is it bad that my most anticipated book of the year comes out next week? It may be all downhill from here.

I'm probably going to be starting a few days late as my current book is like 28 hours long, but this is definitely my next book.

Anyone else planning to join to join in?

Also, anyone able to make the sections? If not I'll make them after I start.

Then again, I'm debating changing to a first impressions/final impressions format as there have been few participants in our group reads lately, and not much in the middle threads. Thoughts?

Suzanne | 1582 comments I'll definitely be reading this. Hmm...and I'd be ok changing formats. since I mostly listen as I drive I often have a hard time knowing what part I'm at in order to comment. But either way is fine.

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) I ordered my Hardback version this morning. Hopefully it will arrive around the release date. I am really looking forward to reading the final instalment in what is one of my favourite series.

I am happy with the first/final impressions. To be honest, i get carried away with the story that i forget to make comments until near the end, and really don't want to accidentally spoil the story for anyone, so just comment at then end.

Bill | 1596 comments I have the audiobook preordered.

Can we do a midway thread also?

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill wrote: "I have the audiobook preordered.

Can we do a midway thread also?"

Sure.

Bill | 1596 comments I just downloaded the audio. Can’t wait to start.

message 7: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'll be starting tomorrow.

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) Alas, the UK delivery of the Hardback has been delayed, so i will be late to the party on this one. Seems to be a common issue with Amazon UK.
I can't wait to start either.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I'm starting this morning on my way to work.

message 10: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Richard wrote: "Alas, the UK delivery of the Hardback has been delayed, so i will be late to the party on this one. Seems to be a common issue with Amazon UK.
I can't wait to start either."

Bummer. :(

Suzanne | 1582 comments Haha so I just listened to the prologue while getting ready. Um.....this is one time I may regret the larger threads we are doing.

message 12: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky Corbelli | 288 comments Just finished downloading it, will be starting today.

message 13: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Suzanne wrote: "Haha so I just listened to the prologue while getting ready. Um.....this is one time I may regret the larger threads we are doing."

We don't have to do longer threads. My only issue is I create 5-6 threads and I'm the only one posting in 4 of them.

Suzanne | 1582 comments Can you maybe post a prologue thread? Lol or I can just post my comments in the halfway thread. How about after you listen to the prologue, just see what you think about threads :)

message 15: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

We can make whatever threads you want. My goal was to simply avoid pointless threads.

message 16: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

It looks like the book was broken into 5 sections by the author, so I'm just going to use those. If no one posts in the middle sections, oh well.

message 17: by Mark (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mark | 482 comments I will joining in with after sins of empire.

message 18: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments So I finished the book but have no idea where the section breaks were so waiting on everyone to comment.

Suzanne | 1582 comments Wow nice - you were quick!

message 20: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill wrote: "So I finished the book but have no idea where the section breaks were so waiting on everyone to comment."

Lol. I don't get how. He tells you when it's part 1,2, etc. I can understand it when I pick random chapters, but this time they are built into the book!!

I should have just stuck with my original plan. Heh. Oh well. I'll post in all the sections, and Suzanne has at least posted in the first two!

I'm way behind. Not only did I start a day late, but my audio time has been reduced as well this week.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I've (thus far) liked having all the sections. I just wish I had more profound comments - but seems like soon as I desire to say something about the book, my mind goes blank. "book....good..."

message 22: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha. No worries. I'm not sure I have a lot to add to section 1 when I finish it either. But I know what section I'm in! 😁

message 23: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Rob wrote: "Bill wrote: "So I finished the book but have no idea where the section breaks were so waiting on everyone to comment."

Lol. I don't get how. He tells you when it's part 1,2, etc. I can understand ..."

Lol I didn’t put that well. I listened to it while painting a room and ripping up carpet so I didn’t have the chance to stop and comment when the sections ended. I had to run out both nights so I just came home and went to sleep.

message 24: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

No worries. Just giving you a hard time.

message 25: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments 😜