Read Scotland 2018 discussion

Robert Burns: 6-10 Books > Lynn T. Reads

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited Jan 01, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

Lynn | 11 comments I am almost an exclusive mystery reader. Looking forward to reading more of Stuart MacBride and A.D. Scott. Have not read a Val McDermid
and want to revisit Ian Rankin.(has been a long time) Oh and I can't forget to read some more James Oswald..

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 103 comments All the crime :) Have fun.

message 3: by Lynn (last edited Jan 02, 2018 06:25AM) (new)

Lynn | 11 comments Melanie wrote: "All the crime :) Have fun."

Good to hear from you! There are a lot of good Scottish crime fiction writers.

message 4: by Ellen (last edited Jan 06, 2018 03:26AM) (new)

Ellen Forkin (ellen_forkin) | 350 comments Mod
Nothing beats a good Scottish murder! I'll be joining you in some of these, Lynn :)

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 11 comments 1. I'll Keep You Safe by Peter May by Peter May
I'll Keep You Safe by Peter May

Review to follow on GR Book page

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 87 comments I've been told about Peter May by another avid reader who enjoys Scottish mysteries. I browsed about in my library and found a slew of his books. So now my tbr pile is much larger. at least 2 series by P.M.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 11 comments Hi Ellen,
My favorite Peter May books are the Lewis trilogy which starts with the Blackhouse. I was saddened when the 3rd book came to an end. I wanted to read more about Fin Macleod.

message 8: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 87 comments Hi Lynn,
I've just started The Blackhouse and am enjoying it quite a bit. I have the other 2 in this series. The Chess Men I have on CD and in a book. I haven't clicked with the CD. It reminded me too much of another book in a series so I'm sending the CD back & keeping the book. Sometimes the book brings me into the story more than a CD.

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 11 comments 2. Hide and Seek (Inspector Rebus, #2) by Ian Rankin by Ian Rankin
Hide and Seek

Second book in series-very good read
Review is on GR under the book

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I have Blind Eye by Stuart MacBride to read. I've not read any of his and I know this is not the first one but it leapt of the shelf at the library! Not heard of Peter May, off to investigate.

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 11 comments Hi Tracy, I enjoyed the Lewis Trilogy the most by Peter May. Wished it went on for more than 3 books. I read the first book Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride and liked it a lot. Have the 2nd one to read. There are so many I want to read.

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 87 comments Mac Bride, Oswald & Rankin are my favorites. now I'm adding Peter May

message 13: by Lynn (last edited Jul 06, 2018 07:16AM) (new)

Lynn | 11 comments 3. Tooth and Nail (Inspector Rebus, #3) by Ian Rankin by Ian Rankin

Tooth and Nail

Very good series! Review on GR

message 14: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 11 comments 4.Strip Jack by Ian Rankin
Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus, #4) by Ian Rankin

message 15: by Lynn (last edited Dec 05, 2018 07:51AM) (new)

Lynn | 11 comments 5. Death of a Celebrity (Hamish Macbeth, #17) by M.C. Beaton by M.C. Beaton
Death of a Celebrity

Scotland Highlands

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 11 comments 6. The Low Road by A.D. Scott by A.D.Scott
The Low Road

Wonderful mystery series set in the fifties
This is the 5th book.