Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

It's A Challenge > Goodreads Reading Challenge 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 4044 comments Mod
Right then who is doing it this year and how many are you going for in your challenge?

message 2: by David (new)

I just managed to do my challenge for 2017 which was 40 and I managed 41.
So this year, 2018, I am going to do the same again and go for 40.

message 3: by AngryGreyCat (new)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 554 comments I read 182 books in 2017 - however quite a few were short novellas or books from the Penguin Great Food Collection. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a teacher and have time off in the summer that I mainly spend reading. I set my goal this year at 120. I want to get quite a few of my British Library Crime Classics read this year.

message 4: by David (new)

AngryGreyCat wrote: "I read 182 books in 2017 - however quite a few were short novellas or books from the Penguin Great Food Collection. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a teacher and have time off in the summer ..."

Even so that is some going at over 3 a day, well done.
When I retire....still a little way off yet.....I will hopefully get to reading at least a book a week or more.

message 5: by Nikkiplans99 (new)

Nikkiplans99 | 68 comments I set my goal at 20 for 2017 and just made it. So I’m going for 20 again and I’m going to push myself to read other genres. Mystery’s are my fav so I’m going to add more sci-fi, romance and non fiction. I made this same goal last year and didn’t read one non-fiction book. So I’m trying again this year.

message 6: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments I generally manage 5 a week and like Nikki I favour mystery books but I also like historical novels and other genres, comedy such as Patrick Dennis, so I would go for in excess of 200, I am retired and have loads of time to read and it is my favourite occupation.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary C | 174 comments My 2017 goal was 40 and I read 53, but I have several long novels in my TBR that I want to get through this year. I'll stick with 40.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 595 comments I had set the goal at 52 and missed by one book

message 9: by Briony (new)

Briony (briony18) | 3 comments I just got to my goal of 50 last year so am going for the same again.... I also have some lengthy books on my to read list so I’m not sure how I’ll get on...

message 10: by Alice (new)

Alice | 17 comments I missed my goal last year by 2 so I've cut back this year to 38

message 11: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Wharton | 41 comments I've never tried to set myself a goal - I'm a fast reader and I can read loads, but I also write and that takes up lots of time (which is why I haven't been on here much) I'll try 50.

message 12: by Marie-Laure (new)

Marie-Laure (dumpty) | 75 comments I didn't set a goal last year and would probably have missed it if I had ... I'm trying for a small 36 this year.