You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > February 2018 - Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy, Moderator (last edited Jan 02, 2018 08:36AM) (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15541 comments The new year is only a few hours old, and we're diving right in! Let's start the theme nominations for February.

If you have an idea for a theme, go ahead and nominate it below.

Please don't instantly start nominating themes that link in to the yearly challenge. It will get really boring otherwise. Obviously that challenge covers a lot of bases so there is bound to be some crossover at some point but let's try to keep it as separate as possible. We all like it when a book counts for more than one challenge/task/group read but it takes the challenge out of the challenge if every group read counts. Please be mindful of this when nominating a theme.

Alternatively, you can second someone else's nomination instead, but that will count as your own nomination, and that theme will be entered twice in random.org - giving the theme an additional chance to make the cut.

Only 5 themes will make the cut and end up in the poll.

Nominations can be seconded multiple times by different people. If you second a nomination, please make clear that is what you are doing. E.g. If I nominate "Books whose title starts with A", you need to state "I second Books whose title starts with A".

Nominations close January 6.

Nominations so far:
Fairytales or retellings of fairytales
Books that span several decades
Gypsy theme
Brother theme
Non-fiction about endangered species

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments There is a Fairytale Day in late February, so I will nominate fairytales or retellings of fairytales.

message 3: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15541 comments I'm going to nominate books that span several decades (like family sagas or set in one specific place during many years. Not including dual timeline books that jump back and forth between one time in the present and one time in the past).

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18222 comments I'd like to nominate a gypsy theme, so either books with a gypsy character in (doesn't have to be a MC), can be non fiction about the culture, or written by an author of gypsy descent.

message 5: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20686 comments Both of my brothers have birthdays in February so I would like to nominate a "brothers" theme. Books with brother/brothers in the title or where the main characters are brothers.

Laura (Lclwags) (lclwags) | 595 comments I've noticed a lot of commercials and radio ads about the decreasing elephant population lately, so I'd like to nominate books about endangered species.

message 7: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15541 comments Laura, do you mean non-fiction books, or also fictional books where for example one of those animals is an MC or the name of such an animal is in the title?

Laura (Lclwags) (lclwags) | 595 comments I was thinking non-fiction.

message 9: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15541 comments Thanks for clarifying, I'll add it to the list!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.