American Westerns discussion

Too Late to Die (Sheriff Dan Rhodes #1)
This topic is about Too Late to Die
Group Reads > February 2018 - Too Late To Die

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edwin, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edwin (edmandu) | 229 comments The February 2017 Group Read is Moderator’s Choice. Author Bill Crider has written 24 novels in the terrific Sheriff Dan Rhodes contemporary Western Mystery series. The first novel in the series is TOO LATE TO DIE, winner of the Anthony Award for Best First Novel. It is available as an inexpensive ebook and at many libraries. Crider is in poor health and we wish him well.

message 2: by Tim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tim (timi2u) | 66 comments Excellent choice, and am hopeful for the best outcome for him.

message 3: by Edwin, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edwin (edmandu) | 229 comments February is here and the Group Read is a good one!

message 4: by Frank (new)

Frank Kelso (frank_kelso) | 41 comments Sorry to learn Bill's health is declining. He's written so many books in so many different genres, it's a marvel he can keep the characters/setting in sort order.

message 5: by Edwin, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edwin (edmandu) | 229 comments I really liked "Too Late to Die" and the Sheriff Dan Rhodes character. I think that the book seems more playful and humorous than the Longmire books. Anyone read both series?

message 6: by Still (new) - added it

Still (mantan) | 74 comments Wow this would be the perfect opportunity for me to re-read this classic. I really enjoyed the books I was able to find in the "Sheriff Dan Rhodes" series.
I was unable to get into the Longmire series but really enjoyed Bill Crider's series - mostly because I partly grew up in Texas.
This series was like going back to rural Texas.