Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2018 > Deborah’s 50+ Books for 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (last edited Jan 01, 2018 06:22AM) (new)

Deborah | 598 comments How many books will I read this year? Hopefully, they will all be good ones. Happy reading!

message 2: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (trippie) | 443 comments Good luck!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 598 comments Stefanie wrote: "Good luck!"

Thanks!

message 4: by Deborah (last edited Jan 07, 2018 05:08PM) (new)

Deborah | 598 comments 1. A Dirty Job (Grim Reaper, #1) by Christopher Moore A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore ~ Normal guy, Charlie Asher has been recruited to a new position as a Death Merchant. I really enjoyed the humor in this book, it quite often had me laughing out loud. 4 stars.

message 5: by Tiffany, Administrator (new)

Tiffany | 1789 comments Mod
Deborah wrote: "How many books will I read this year? Hopefully, they will all be good ones. Happy reading!"

Good luck! Fingers crossed for good books!

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 598 comments 2. From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon ~ 3 stars

3. The Wrong Side of Goodbye (Harry Bosch, #19; Harry Bosch Universe, #28) by Michael Connelly The Wrong Side of Goodbye by Michael Connelly ~ Another good book in the Harry Bosch series. 4 stars.

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 598 comments 4. Desperate Passage The Donner Party's Perilous Journey West by Ethan Rarick Desperate Passage: The Donner Party's Perilous Journey West by Ethan Rarick ~ I’ve known about the Donner Party, but not the specifics. I thought the author did a good job of relating their story. 4 stars.

5. The Gods of Guilt (Mickey Haller, #5; Harry Bosch Universe, #25) by Michael Connelly The Gods of Guilt by Michael Connelly ~ I enjoyed this very much. Connelly is one of my favorite authors. 4 stars.

6. The Unremembered Girl by Eliza Maxwell The Unremembered Girl by Eliza Maxwell ~ 4 stars.

message 8: by Deborah (last edited Feb 18, 2018 02:01PM) (new)

Deborah | 598 comments 7. Thicker Than Water (Felix Castor, #4) by Mike Carey Thicker Than Water by Mike Carey ~ This is fourth book in the Felix Castor series and I was a bit disappointed. I didn’t think it was as good as the previous ones and was a bit bored with it at times. 3 stars.

8. The Late Show The Late Show (Renée Ballard, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #29) by Michael Connelly by Michael Connelly ~ Connelly is one of my favorite authors and I really wanted to love this book, but unfortunately, I didn’t. Not that it was bad, but I guess my expectations were too high. Detective Renee Ballard is basically the female version of Harry Bosch. I’m not giving up on Ballard yet. I read she’ll be teaming up with Bosch in the next book. 3 stars.

9. InStyle Parties The Complete Guide to Easy, Elegant Entertaining All Year Round by The Editors of InStyle InStyle Parties : The Complete Guide to Easy, Elegant Entertaining All Year Round by Editors of InStyle Magazine ~ I’m not the kind of person who likes going to parties or throwing them, so I’m not sure what drew me to this book. I think I just liked the cover and thought, hey, maybe one day I’ll want to have a party. Well, this book didn’t make me one to throw one. Too complicated. What I learned: I’m definitely not a party person. I’ll just get comfy, grab a cup of coffee and read a book. 2 stars for the pretty pictures.

10. The Bell Witch by John F.D. Taff The Bell Witch by John F.D. Taff ~ I like reading a good ghost story. It’s a fictionalized account of a documented poltergeist case that took place in 19th century on a Tennessee farm. It took me awhile to get into it, but once I did, I enjoyed it. 3 stars.

11. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica The Good Girl by Mary Kubica ~ A story about a kidnapped young woman. Meh. I disliked the way this one was written, it skipped around from the past to the present and back again. I loathe that and it’s rare when an author can do it without annoying me. 2 stars.

12. The Pale Horseman (The Saxon Stories, #2) by Bernard Cornwell The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwell ~ Book two in the Saxon Stories and it didn’t disappoint, I loved it. Cornwell made me feel like I was right there in the thick of it all. 4 stars.

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 598 comments 13. The Butterfly Garden—Dot Hutchison
14. Mystery Walk—Robert McCammon
15. Clockwork Prince—Cassandra Clare
16. Stalking The Angel—Robert Crais
17. The Ritual—Adam Nevill
18. The Iron King—Julie Kagawa
19. The City Of Mirrors—Justin Cronin
20. Midnight Crossroad—Charlaine Harris
21. The Last Town—Blake Crouch
22. The Cats That Surfed The Web—Karen Anne Gold
23. Winds Of Salem—Melissa de la Cruz