Books and Jams Readalong discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
Welcome to our first book in 2018! I am excited to finally read this book that I've heard so many people recommend! Please say hello if you're planning to read along with us this month! And since it's January let's share a goal/resolution/intention that you have for this upcoming year.

Can't wait to chat with you all!

message 2: by Krista (new)

I forgot to share one of my goals for this year. I am planning to give myself a challenge each month of 2018. For January I'm not allowed to play games on my phone. This is an attempt to spend less time in front of a screen and use those little moments I spend playing games to pick up a book or send a message/text to connect with someone instead of "wasting" time with the games.

message 3: by Debbi (new)

Debbi Faust | 164 comments That is a great goal, Krista, It will be fun to hear what your next goal is in Febuary.

message 4: by Debbi (new)

Debbi Faust | 164 comments Krista wrote: "Welcome to our first book in 2018! I am excited to finally read this book that I've heard so many people recommend! Please say hello if you're planning to read along with us this month! And since i..."

This would be re-read for me. I put it on hold at my library but there are some others on hold ahead of me. I hope I get it before the end of the month so I can join in.

message 5: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) So I already read this so I think I will make this month a catch up month. Almost there I think I have two books to read to be up to date with everyone.

message 6: by Krista (new)

Wendy wrote: "So I already read this so I think I will make this month a catch up month. Almost there I think I have two books to read to be up to date with everyone."

I knew this was one that a ton of people have already read, but am hoping there are a few more, like me, who are still eager to read it! Feel free to pop back into old threads to comment on the books you read! I would still love to hear your thoughts. Happy New Year!

message 7: by Krista (new)

Debbi wrote: "Krista wrote: "Welcome to our first book in 2018! I am excited to finally read this book that I've heard so many people recommend! Please say hello if you're planning to read along with us this mon..."

Hey Debbi! I hope it comes in for you too. I found mine super cheap at either a library sale or used book store. I cannot remember anymore! haha. Any new years goals for you?

message 8: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerdawn7) | 10 comments I'm hoping to join on this one! I feel like there were a lot of signs pointing to me needing to read this book this month :P there's a building that I pass everyday and never noticed what it was called until I found out what the readalong book was. The building was called Guernsey! haha. One of my goals is to participate in more readalongs, so here I am!

message 9: by Krista (new)

Summer wrote: "I'm hoping to join on this one! I feel like there were a lot of signs pointing to me needing to read this book this month :P there's a building that I pass everyday and never noticed what it was ca..."

Glad you'll be joining in, Summer!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Swann I’m here! I recently picked this book up at a library sale and it’s been recommended to me a ton as well. I’m excited to get to it!

One of the many goals I’ve set for myself is to have a smaller set TBR each month to give myself permission to pick up whatever I want and participate in things like this without feeling pressure from things I’ve already set myself to read.

message 11: by Lia (new)

Lia (hydeseek) | 1 comments I’d love to participate but I just won’t have time with work this month. I read this ages ago and look forward to reading all the discussion points. Have fun everyone and hope to follow along in February.

message 12: by Krista (new)

Sarah wrote: "I’m here! I recently picked this book up at a library sale and it’s been recommended to me a ton as well. I’m excited to get to it!

One of the many goals I’ve set for myself is to have a smaller s..."

I hope you're able to pick this one up, Sarah. It's a quick and enjoyable read and I look forward to hearing what you think! Glad you can join in!

message 13: by Krista (new)

Lia wrote: "I’d love to participate but I just won’t have time with work this month. I read this ages ago and look forward to reading all the discussion points. Have fun everyone and hope to follow along in Fe..."

Thanks for stopping by, Lia. Hope you're able to join in the conversation a bit and share what you thought of the book when you read it a few years ago. Look forward to reading with you next month.

message 14: by Jan (new)

Jan | 1 comments I read this quite a few years ago but have forgotten an awful lot of it. Hope to reread it soon so I can participate in the discussion.

message 15: by Krista (new)

Jan wrote: "I read this quite a few years ago but have forgotten an awful lot of it. Hope to reread it soon so I can participate in the discussion."

I can see myself rereading this one someday. Hope you're able to!

message 16: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance | 12 comments Hi Krista, I'd like to join in and I had put a hold on the book a while back. It seems popular over here as all copies are checked out! Hope to receive it before the end of the month!

message 17: by Krista (new)

Scarlett wrote: "Hi Krista, I'd like to join in and I had put a hold on the book a while back. It seems popular over here as all copies are checked out! Hope to receive it before the end of the month!"

Awesome! I hope it comes in, Scarlett. This is a good one! :)

message 18: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 37 comments Ive been wanting to read this for a few years now. Picking it up now for this and tge 24in48 challenge.

message 19: by Krista (new)

Cassie wrote: "Ive been wanting to read this for a few years now. Picking it up now for this and tge 24in48 challenge."

Hi Cassie! I think this is a good choice for the readathon because it's a pretty quick read. I look forward to hearing what you think of it!

message 20: by Berna (new)

Berna | 64 comments I started reading the book last night and really liking it so far, it feels so sincere that I feel like I know the characters.
I hope to finish it by the end of the month, if not certainly in the first couple days of February.

message 21: by Patricia (last edited Feb 10, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

Patricia | 19 comments Hey Krista!! I know I am so late to this book review, you are onto a new book for February but I just finshed this book and l promised I'd be a part of the discussion.....so here I am!! This is definitely a better late than never situation...LOL.

I did enjoy this book but for some reason, be it all the new releases I put the book down for or the fact I had to do two road trips to St. Louis last month and did no read for several weeks....blah, blah, excuses.....I just couldn't stay focused on this one. But I finished it today and was happy with the overall story.

My goals this year is to read 50 books, at least 24 from my shelf. Have no more then 5 new books at a time on my shelf and read the new books before I can buy any more. I'm trying not to let new books sit forever on my self....as they are doing now. So, we'll see how my reading goals go this year.