Read Scotland 2018 discussion

Macbeth: 1-5 Books > Kirk's High Road journey

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 27 comments I hope to do better this year!

message 2: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 27 comments #1 The Monarch of the Glen by Christopher Baker

message 3: by Ellen (last edited Jan 30, 2018 09:35AM) (new)

Ellen Forkin (ellen_forkin) | 350 comments Mod
Kirk wrote: "#1 The Monarch of the Glen by Christopher Baker"

Our first art book :) Did you enjoy it? My knowledge of Scottish art is very poor - need to learn more!

message 4: by Kirk (last edited Jan 30, 2018 10:20AM) (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 27 comments Ellen wrote: "Kirk wrote: "#1 The Monarch of the Glen by Christopher Baker"

Our first art book :) Did you enjoy it? My knowledge of Scottish art is very poor - need to learn more!"

Oh yes I did! 4.0 and nice quick read...50 pgs with many images. The first couple of yrs in the group I looked at several Scottish art books maybe more than any other kind of Scottish books(except for the Leger Cat Detective books). I'll try to reread a few. My one day in Scotland I visited the National Gallery.

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Forkin (ellen_forkin) | 350 comments Mod
Kirk wrote: "Ellen wrote: "Kirk wrote: "#1 The Monarch of the Glen by Christopher Baker"

Our first art book :) Did you enjoy it? My knowledge of Scottish art is very poor - need to learn more!"
Oh yes I did! 4..."

Sounds a perfect day - I still vividly remember when I visited Raeburn's 'The Skating Minister'. A wonderful painting. You've inspired me to research more Scottish art books :)

message 6: by Kirk (last edited Feb 08, 2018 10:13PM) (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 27 comments #2 Sweet, Thoughtful Valentine (Isabel Dalhousie, #10.7) by Alexander McCall Smith A sweet short earning a 3.75-4.

message 7: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 27 comments #3 Chance Developments Unexpected Love Stories by Alexander McCall Smith 3.0

message 8: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 27 comments Scottish Artists 1750-1900 From Caledonia to the Continent by Deborah Clarke

#4 Actually a reread as it turns out. 4.25

message 9: by Kirk (last edited Feb 28, 2018 04:50PM) (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 27 comments #5 Love of Country A Hebridean Journey by Madeleine Bunting

See ya Macbeth!!!