2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > 100 in 2018

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert (gooblejook) | 11 comments It's the year of 100's!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Robert wrote: "It's the year of 100's!"

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Robert & a very happy reading/New Year!!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 5: by Robert (last edited Mar 04, 2018 09:52PM) (new)

Robert (gooblejook) | 11 comments Hey y'all! I'm just seeing these. I pretty much only use Goodreads to track which books I've read and to brag to my FB friends a bit. ;-)

Thanks for the support!

I am ahead of pace and am confident that I will meet my goal. Lately I've been listening to a lot of the books on Audible. I'm a bit of a speedster and I like to listen at 2x - 3x speed. So I'm crushing them. Also since I can listen to a book while exercising. The required focus seems to be the same and I am convinced I am getting similar benefits as reading.

I'm a fan of Spritz RSVP speed reading software (http://spritzinc.com/), but the iPhone version doesn't work with Kindle books (without a few file format conversion tricks that sometimes delete content) or Kindle (Amazon is apparently coming up with their own RSVP app but is dragging feet about it).

Can any of you recommend an RSVP speed reading app (or something similar) for iPhone or Kindle Fire?

Thanks!

It's another day in paradise! Good luck to all of youse!

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert (gooblejook) | 11 comments Thanks, Blagica!

Blagica wrote: "https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures..."

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert (gooblejook) | 11 comments I've really been diving into fantasy books, and I've been very impressed with Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, and Octavia E. Butler.

You?

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!

message 11: by Robert (new)

Robert (gooblejook) | 11 comments I guess other users put summaries of the book they read here. That seems redundant to me. Here's the link to my challenge. So far, so good! Best of luck to all y'all!

https://www.goodreads.com/user_challe...

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments Do you have a favorite book so far?

message 13: by Robert (new)

Robert (gooblejook) | 11 comments Blagica wrote: "Do you have a favorite book so far?"

My favorite so far is "A Brief History of Seven Killings" by Marlon James. I've listened to it twice already, and I think I might give it another go today. Thanks!

Neil Gaiman has really impressed me. I tremendously liked "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" and "The Graveyard Book".

What is your favorite so far?

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments Hoping July is full of page turning and falling in love with a new book! My favorite Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls

message 15: by Robert (new)

Robert (gooblejook) | 11 comments I finished my goal!

Listening to audiobooks sped up allowed me to reach this goal quicker than expected. That, and me fully enjoying my recent single status has freed up a lot of time for my passions. lol

I'm not done reading, but I'm going to start reading books with my eyes more frequently, which means I'll have less time to read as I won't be able to read while doing mindless, required tasks like exercise and housework. Also I recently started writing my first novel.

Good luck with your goals! Have fun!

On to the next...

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments Awesome job!