Always Late To The Party discussion

tog > book discussion (no spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kate (new)

kate  (drawghosts) | 29 comments Mod
this is the topic where we can discuss “throne of glass” by sarah j. maas – without spoilers, please.

what are your thoughts? what characters do you like the most? and whatever else you want to share!

message 2: by Zibbernaut (new)

Zibbernaut Still in the beginning of the book, but I had been very skeptical about liking Sarah's writing. I thought, without any prior knowledge, that her writing would rub me the wrong way or come off as juvenile somehow. And while some of Celaena's responses are a bit that way, the writing itself isn't, and I'm really enjoying it so far! (I JUST received a copy of ACOTAR, but I have yet to start it)

message 3: by Spring (new)

Spring | 30 comments Mod
Zibbernaut wrote: "Still in the beginning of the book, but I had been very skeptical about liking Sarah's writing. I thought, without any prior knowledge, that her writing would rub me the wrong way or come off as ju..."

I decided to read the prequel novellas before reading the book. My thought during the "Assassin and the Pirate Lord" was that I did not like writing style and I did not like the main character. I was not looking forward to reading this series. As I made my way through the other four, I actually found myself really liking the world the book was taking place in and the writing style started to grow on me.

message 4: by kate (new)

kate  (drawghosts) | 29 comments Mod
i actually really like sarah’s writing style! it’s sad that i can’t say the same about how she deals with certain topics…
i read the novellas too and they gave me a new perspective on things. i got to know some characters that are only mentioned in the tog series but are not actually there and i understood some things more about celaena.

and i actually like that she sounds her age hahah she’s…sixteen? i think? in the first book, so it makes sense she’s kinda childish sometimes.

celaena is one of my favorite characters ever (: