2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Nina's 10 books of 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Nina wrote: "I'm setting a goal to read 10 books this year. I'm quite a slow reader and during the past couple of years I have not really read much. My goal for this year is to get back to reading regularly, so 10 books for my reading speed seems like a good starting point. "

Sounds like an awesome starting point Nina!
I started out with 12 myself last year after having been in a reading slump for years, upped it to 24 during the year and ended up reading 46 books! Never would have believed it possible.

You must be reading a lot (of books?) for university too? Are you including those in your challenge?

In any case, I wish you the best of luck with your goal Nina & a very happy reading/New Year!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a slow reader too Nina. I've also set me target to 10 books. We can do it!
Good luck.

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Nina wrote: "Susy, no, I'm not including books that I read for uni! I want to specifically start reading more outside of university, so no I'm not counting them in. :)
..."

I don't have obligatory reads but I do have to keep up with professional reads, so I made a different challenge for my work related reads and for my reads for pleasure. Cause I do want to be reading for pleasure (after having been in a reading slump for many years) but I do feel like my not-for-pleasure reads are reads too so I must count them in.... (also to make me feel less bad about having read few books lol)

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Hoping your first month was a success Nina!

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!