Comments Showing 1-50 of 568 (568 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 1
"Goodly creatures" by Beth Massey.
Hard to read but definitely worth it.

message 2: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 2
"A most handsome gentleman" by Suzan Lauder.

Funny, saucy, had a unique plot and was a fast read.

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) Wow, the first day of the year isn’t yet over and you have two books under your belt? Going to show us all the way this year!!

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Congrats on having two books on your list!!

message 5: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 3
"Second Impression" by Amy George.
Thrilling and passionate with a good plot.

Abigail and Mary, this is my usual pace of reading. Never watch TV as I love to read :)

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Onward and upwards!! 📕😊

message 7: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 4
"All the things I know" by Audrey Ryan.
5* Brilliant, modern adaptation of P&P.

message 8: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 5
"A holiday to remember" by JenRed.

Adorable, modern, musical, holiday, short story.

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick Imrie (nickimrie) Keeping up the pace, I see!

message 10: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 6
"Mr Darcy's kiss" by Krista Lakes 3*

Modern, racy variation of P&P, a bit superficial and predictable.

Nick: Well, I have nothing better to do ;)

message 11: by Nick (new)

Nick Imrie (nickimrie) Vaarin wrote: "Well, I have nothing better to do ;)"

That's what I tell myself too! :D

message 12: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 7
"A wedding afternoon" by WadeH.3*

Experimental novella with dialog only on what happens between the wedding and the wedding night.

message 13: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 8
"The best part of love" by A. D'Orazio 5*
Unputdownable!
Thrilling, angsty, passionate and captivating read.

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Vaarin-great progress!!! Well done!

message 15: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Thank you Mary :)

message 16: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 9
"Service of a friend" Kate Speck 5*

Adorable, sweet and romantic fast read.

I started out this year with 61 books on my TBR list on kindle, after 9 finished, I still have 61 on my TBR...
I blame Meryton press as they have had a sale on several of the books on my wishlist...

Note to self: Do not buy any more books until TBR list has been significantly reduced ;)

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments We all say the same yet more books magically appear on each of our TBR lists! What's more surprising is that none of us have figured out how they place themselves there!! A Sherlock Holmes job,I think!! 🤔🕵

message 18: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Yes Mary, I will check if Mr Holmes is free ;) In the meantime I am banishing myself from Facebook as I frequently add to my TBR by the way of freebies I find there... I believe I have 62 on my TBR list 🙈

"Longbourne Library" Trudy Wallis 3.5*
Modern variation of P&P with a lovely ambiance and humour but with some weaknesses in the adaptation from recency to contemporary.

message 19: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 11
"A royal disposition" Amy Cesil 3.5*

Loved the premises, not so fond of the back and forth between ODC for a rather weak reason.

message 20: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Wow! Vaarin, you are buzzing right along here. But if 62 in your TBR pile gives you fits... there are many of us with hundreds in our pile. My pile has taken on astronomical proportions. In fact it is so wide that it has declared state status and reaches so high that NASA can dock the Space Station there when they need to make repairs. Now THAT is a TBR pile. How does one get like that? The very way you mentioned... freebies, sales and give-a-ways. Yep, I'm hooked. Good luck on reaching your goal.

message 21: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Heavens, hundreds... I should stop complaining then :)

message 22: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 12
"A short story" Onna Carr 3*
Cute but rushed.

message 23: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Too bad about it being rushed. It makes you wonder... did this author run out of time, patience, or story-line? Guess we'll never know.

message 24: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments It felt like she only wrote the premises and the outline, not the story. Too bad as the story had potential.

message 25: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 13
"Hope for Mr Darcy" Jeanna Ellsworth 5*

Absolutely loved it! Deep, warm thoughtful, heart-wrenching but humorous as well and best of all... not a ridiculous misunderstanding in sight ;)

message 26: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Wow! No ridiculous misunderstanding in sight??? I can't imagine. I have this in that TBR pile I mentioned... and may have to send in a team to excavate it from the depths. Glad you liked it.

message 27: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Up to 13 already, Elin? Yikes! You're amazing!

message 28: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments J.W: I am just so fed up with ridiculous misunderstandings at the moment...
Debbie: Thank you :)

"Mr Darcy's persistent pursuit" Elaine Owen 4*

Thoroughly enjoyable, well written, angst free story that lacked a little more emotion.

message 29: by Debbie (last edited Jan 08, 2018 07:08AM) (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments You're really thundering ahead, Elin! If you liked that one enough (I had given it 5 stars), do check out the sequel. Love's Fool: The Taming of Lydia Bennet: What Happened After Mr. Darcy's Persistent Pursuit is my favorite Lydia-centered story, and I'm always quick to recommend it to those who've read your #14 and to those looking for a break from Darcy-and-Elizabeth but want to stay in the P&P universe. (It reads just fine as a stand-alone, too.)

message 30: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 789 comments Vaarin wrote: "J.W: I am just so fed up with ridiculous misunderstandings at the moment...
Debbie: Thank you :)

"Mr Darcy's persistent pursuit" Elaine Owen 4*

Thoroughly enjoyable, well written, angst free ..."

You are flying along! Soon you will past by me as if I was standing still!

message 31: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Ha ha Kirk, I don't think I can catch up with your speed but I do love to read...

"Frankenstein Darcy" Cass Grix 4*

Surprisingly entertaining story as this had gathered some dust on my TBR list because I dreaded the theme. Not necessary as it turned out to be sweeter and more romantic than I thought.

message 32: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Debbie: I really liked the persistent pursuit but I prefer to be more emotionally moved so it was not a 100% perfect read to me, might just read the continuance as it sounds fun to see Lydia tamed...

message 33: by Anji (new)

Anji | 291 comments Firstly, well done on getting to 15 so quickly!

Secondly, when it comes to TBR lists, mine DOES number in the hundreds and is the reason my YTD tracker is called "Mission to the JAFF planet"!

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Vaarin-15 books under your belt! Wow!!! Impressive!! 👏📕

message 35: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 16
"Bourbon street nights" Jack Caldwell 5*

The first book of the Crescent city trilogy. Unputdownable!

message 36: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Anji: And what a lovely place it is, the JAFF planet I mean. Good luck with the hundreds. I manage about 400 last year but didn't track it properly, this is a perfect opportunity to do just that.

Mary: Thank you, it just turned 16 :)

message 37: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments I have Caldwell's trilogy in my TBR pile and am looking forward to reading it. Glad to see you labeled it as unputdownable. Sounds great.

message 38: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 789 comments J. W. wrote: "I have Caldwell's trilogy in my TBR pile and am looking forward to reading it. Glad to see you labeled it as unputdownable. Sounds great."
I enjoyed them but there is some "difficult" stuff in them.

message 39: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Thanks Kirk for the heads up.

message 40: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Vaarin wrote: "5
"A holiday to remember" by JenRed.

Adorable, modern, musical, holiday, short story."

Is this unpublished? I can't find it!

message 41: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 17
"Elysian Dreams" Jack Caldwell 5*

Second book in the Crescent city trilogy and even more unputdownable than the first. Ends in a cliff hanger as Katrina the hurricane is closing in...

message 42: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Debbie: The holiday to rember is only on "DarcyandLizxy.com", you have to be a member to read it.

J.W: I highly recommend you to read as the first two books have had everything you can possibly look for in a book. The plot is thrilling, it is romantic and passionate but the historical aspect has me wanting to visit New Orleans. Caldwell is obviously both knowledgeable and a thorough researcher. I am glued to the pages but there are some murderers and a rape though not with the gory details so it is not an light and airy read. I like to be moved though.

message 43: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments I have read several of his work... so, I'm looking forward to reading them. Thanks for the warning.

message 44: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 18
"Ruin and renewal" Jack Caldwell 5*

Oh my, how to do justice to this fantastic end to the Crescent city trilogy... Katrina hits and the journey was everything from pure agony to warm and hopeful. Heartily recommend!

Will need something fluffy to restore my equilibrium though...

message 45: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments 19
"Curiosity and correspondence" Mariafaith. 3,5 *

Enjoyable read, if not a little reflection heavy.

message 46: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Thanks for the recommendation Vaarin. Great progress on your first months progress on your challenge.

message 47: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Jeez, Elin! 19 books in 11 days?? That's a scary pace you're setting! Pretty darn awesome!

message 48: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Vaarin-simply fantastic progress!! 🎉📕

message 49: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Vaarin-simply fantastic progress!! 🎉📕

message 50: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 789 comments Vaarin wrote: "18
"Ruin and renewal" Jack Caldwell 5*

Oh my, how to do justice to this fantastic end to the Crescent city trilogy... Katrina hits and the journey was everything from pure agony to warm and hopef..."

I needed weeks to get over that series....never again! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12