Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Featured Series and Cozies > Supper Club (Carbs & Cadavers) by JB Stanley

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Jan 01, 2018 03:02AM) (new)

Nell | 2810 comments Mod
The reader's choice for January 2018 is the Supper Club Mysteries by J.B. Stanley. The main character is James Henry, a librarian in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. The first book in the series is Carbs & Cadavers.
Carbs and Cadavers (A Supper Club Mystery, #1) by J.B. Stanley

Other books in the series are:
Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery, #2) by J.B. Stanley Chili Con Corpses (A Supper Club Mystery, #3) by J.B. Stanley Stiffs and Swine (A Supper Club Mystery, #4) by J.B. Stanley The Battered Body (A Supper Club Mystery, #5) by J.B. Stanley Black Beans & Vice (A Supper Club Mystery, #6) by J.B. Stanley

Fit to Die
Chili Con Corpses
Stiffs and Swine
The Battered Body
Black Beans & Vice

This series is a popular choice; it has been featured twice before. Are you reading this series for the first time? Were you introduced to this series during one of our previous featured reads?

Post your comments here. If you are talking about a specific book, let us know which one.

message 2: by AngryGreyCat (new)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 665 comments I really love this series
one of my favorite cozies

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Dombrowski | 2 comments Nell wrote: "The reader's choice for January 2018 is the Supper Club Mysteries by J.B. Stanley. The main character is James Henry, a librarian in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. The first book in the series ..."

I am relatively new to cozy mysteries, but am looking forward to reading this new to me series

message 4: by Barb (last edited Jan 01, 2018 08:03PM) (new)

Barb | 748 comments I read the first in this series years ago, but couldn't tell you now if I never went beyond book #1 because I didn't like it or just because I have wayyyyy too many series in progress and forgot all about it. Most likely, it's the latter.

message 5: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 398 comments I've read all the books in this series and loved them all.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (quiltsrme) | 40 comments I'm about halfway done with the book and really enjoying it. Fast read. Ok, fast because I put off other stuff to sit back and read it!

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) | 72 comments I haven't read this series yet but it is on my TBR

message 8: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 623 comments Ditto for me.

message 9: by Anne Louise (new)

Anne Louise Bannon | 30 comments Barb wrote: "I read the first in this series years ago, but couldn't tell you now if I never went beyond book #1 because I didn't like it or just because I have wayyyyy too many series in progress and forgot al..."

I know I read it when I first joined this group. I still have it on my Nook. But I'll be darned if I can remember much about it. Oh well. Guess I'm re-reading it this month.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (quiltsrme) | 40 comments Finished Carbs and Cadavers yesterday. Very much enjoyed it. Works right into my dieting goals as well. I will consider the later books, but 2 & 3 don't appear to be available yet in ebook, so I'll have to wait.

message 11: by Nell (last edited Jan 12, 2018 03:35AM) (new)

Nell | 2810 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Finished Carbs and Cadavers yesterday. Very much enjoyed it. Works right into my dieting goals as well. I will consider the later books, but 2 & 3 don't appear to be available yet in ebook, so I'll..."

No. 2 Fit to Die #3 Chili Con Corpses are available as e-books in the US. The Kindle versions are $3.99.

message 12: by Anne Louise (new)

Anne Louise Bannon | 30 comments Okay. I have finished Carbs and Cadavers (A Supper Club Mystery, #1) by J.B. Stanley Carbs and Cadavers and now realize that while I did buy it, I apparently never got around to reading it. Which is kind of too bad since I really enjoyed it. It's nicely paced. The characters are interesting and the relationship between James and his father is filled with some very touching pathos. Will have to add yet another series to my FictFact.com list.