Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Kneaded to Death (A Bread Shop Mystery #1)
This topic is about Kneaded to Death
Featured Series and Cozies > Bread Shop Mystery (Kneaded to Death) by Winnie Archer

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Jan 11, 2018 02:37AM) (new)

Nell | 2603 comments Mod
The January 2018 featured theme is Cooking-Bakery. The featured series is Bread Shop mystery by Winnie Archer. Ivy Culpepper takes a breadmaking class at Yeast of Eden and is drawn into a murder investigation. The first book in the series is Kneaded to Death.
Kneaded to Death (A Bread Shop Mystery #1) by Winnie Archer

The other book in the series is Crust No One.
Crust No One (A Bread Shop Mystery #2) by Winnie Archer

Alice | 394 comments I started Kneaded to Death (A Bread Shop Mystery #1) by Winnie Archer last night. It is okay. Very typical cozy. I am about 100 pages into the book. I like our octogenarian Mrs Branford. She is a fun character. I like to make bread so I enjoy the bread discussion. I will keep reading

Ashley (ashielizz) | 72 comments I read this one awhile back. It didn't capture me at first but the more I read the better it got. I look forward to discussing this with everyone and hearing everyone's thoughts.

Chris I enjoyed it all the way except the ending -- the characters are well fleshed out, the bakery is believable and can see all the items that were mentioned fresh baked...it was bothersome about the bakery class and how everyone just fit In - but other than that - it was a fun cozy read.

Marisa (moretta) | 419 comments I liked the book a lot, very entertaining. I agree that the ending is a bit far-fetched, but the books and the characters are very likeable. I'll definitively read the next book in the series.