Bookworm Belles discussion

Archives > Historical: Outlander

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Mar 01, 2018 03:10AM) (new)

Christina Rochester Here is where you can discuss Outlander. Please remember to mark any spoilers.

message 2: by Jade SiL (new)

Jade SiL  Carstairs  (jadesil) | 253 comments I loooved this book!I read it a while ago and now I have to read the whole series. It's so good...
The only thing I didn't like about Outlander #1 is that there is a part (towards the end) that is too gory for me. But aside from that, it's a wonderful story.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina Rochester Have you seen the tv series at all? I’ve not had a chance to read/watch yet, but I can’t wait to get stuck into them. I’ll definitely be looking forward to this one now

message 4: by Jade SiL (new)

Jade SiL  Carstairs  (jadesil) | 253 comments Yeessss!! **takes deep breath**
The book and the show are hand in hand, unlike Game of Thrones that are, pretty much, two different things now. The cast couldn't have been better!! Sam Heughan a.k.a Jamie is an angel ... **runs out of breath**

As you can see, Outlander touches my fangirl side, LOL.

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Rochester That’s one thing that really did bug me with Game of Thrones 😡 Season one was so close to the books that I adored it, and then season two just went and pooped all over that. I stopped watching it for ages after the end of season two because it was so different.

I think they’re filming the new season of Outlander at the moment, I swear I saw something about it on Facebook.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina (noordinarybookwhore) | 1 comments I just recently bought the first book of the series not to long ago. Just haven't made time to read it. So won't be able to participate yet with the second book. I'm excited to hear the show follows closely. Although I don't have starz.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Love this series. I find them so engrossing, and the descriptions are really wonderful. My husband and I are up to Season Five now, which has moved beyond the books I've read to. I stalled at A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Maybe I need to pick it up again.