Our Shared Shelf discussion

Pay it Forward! > Jan/Feb: Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (repressedpauper) | 64 comments I need a copy of the book and can't afford it/my library doesn't have it! I'd be happy to send anyone who sent their copy/got me a Kindle version a cute card in the mail back! xxx

message 2: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Ortiz | 8 comments Would also love to borrow a copy if someone is up for it. Will make sure to pass it on!

message 3: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments I have a copy to give away. Let me know if you are interested! ;)

message 4: by Tita (new)

Tita | 4 comments Hi,
If anyone is willing to share that book with me, I will be very pleased :)

message 5: by Nata (new)

Nata | 1 comments I would also love to borrow a copy! Thank you all in advance :)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Chaplin Waepke wrote: "I have a copy to give away. Let me know if you are interested! ;)"

Would love a copy! Happy to cover postage, live in NYC :-)

message 7: by Ana, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Ana PF | 746 comments Mod
Hey people, I bought the ebook version via Amazon because right now I'd rather not have a thousand paper books home, but is there a way I could legally borrow it to others? Once I've read it I wouldn't mind. :)

message 8: by tooliepanna (new)

tooliepanna I'm based in Switzerland I would love to borrow the book. Once read, I will happily send it to next people in the line :)

message 9: by Mina (new)

Mina Mino-Matot | 2 comments Hello tooliepanna !
I come from Switzerland too and I’ve bought it already in English so if you want, once I’ve read it I can send it to you if you give me your email address ;)

message 10: by tooliepanna (new)

tooliepanna Mina wrote: "Hello tooliepanna !
I come from Switzerland too and I’ve bought it already in English so if you want, once I’ve read it I can send it to you if you give me your email address ;)"

Hi Mina! My email address is: k.wonko@gmail.com
You're super kind! Thanks a lot!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I live in Norway and can't get the book anywhere, anyone who would want to send it me? I can send it back/pay it forward.

message 12: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 1 comments Ana wrote: "Hey people, I bought the ebook version via Amazon because right now I'd rather not have a thousand paper books home, but is there a way I could legally borrow it to others? Once I've read it I woul..."

I've also bought the book on Amazon and I'd like to do this too! I've looked into it and it seems you can lend books from the US Amazon site, but not the UK! I'm in the UK :(

Please let me know if anyone figures out how to lend from Amazon UK.

message 13: by Noémie (new)

Noémie Lacombe | 1 comments Hey I am almost done reading and I would be happy to lend my hard copy. I am located in Montreal.

message 14: by Anne Elisabeth (new)

Anne Elisabeth   (anneelisabeth) | 87 comments Fredrikke wrote: "I live in Norway and can't get the book anywhere, anyone who would want to send it me? I can send it back/pay it forward."
You can have my copy after I have read it, I also live in Norway :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Great. Thank you so much. Can you let me know when you're done?

message 16: by Anne Elisabeth (new)

Anne Elisabeth   (anneelisabeth) | 87 comments Fredrikke wrote: "Great. Thank you so much. Can you let me know when you're done?"
I will :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Great!

message 18: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) Anyone have an available copy? I still haven't had the chance to get my hand on it. I'd pay it forward after I'm done as well.

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy | 13 comments Anyone had problems getting this in Canada?

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 5 comments Just putting in a plug for your local library-- If they don't have it, ask your friendly librarian to purchase it or if they can get it by Inter Library Loan.
We librarians try our best to honor patron requests-- and if your request gets purchased, so many more people are exposed to the book!!

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy | 13 comments Thanks for the advice Susan. I love my local library but sometimes they don’t have the budget to bring the books in 😕

message 22: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Tudo | 7 comments Hello :), I am located in the US and was wondering if anyone would let me please borrow their copy once they are done reading! I will give the book back or pass it to someone else once I am done if that is what you want.

Thank you!

message 23: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Hawse | 1 comments If anyone has a copy I could borrow I’ll make sure to return/pass it on!

message 24: by Anne Elisabeth (new)

Anne Elisabeth   (anneelisabeth) | 87 comments Fredrikke wrote: "Great. Thank you so much. Can you let me know when you're done?"
I am done with the book, please send me your address so that I can send the book to you.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Anne Elisabeth wrote: "Fredrikke wrote: "Great. Thank you so much. Can you let me know when you're done?"
I am done with the book, please send me your address so that I can send the book to you."

hi! thank you so much, but i got the book as a surprise from my boyfriend, so you can pass it on to someone else :)

message 26: by Anne Elisabeth (new)

Anne Elisabeth   (anneelisabeth) | 87 comments Griselda wrote: "Anyone have an available copy? I still haven't had the chance to get my hand on it. I'd pay it forward after I'm done as well."
I have a copy available, please PM me/comment here if you want it :)

message 27: by Erica (new)

Erica | 1 comments I am based in the UK so dont know if anyone is based there that can pay it forward? Or how does this work with kindle? I will pass it on when done!

message 28: by Bronka (new)

Bronka | 6 comments tooliepanna wrote: "Mina wrote: "Hello tooliepanna !
I come from Switzerland too and I’ve bought it already in English so if you want, once I’ve read it I can send it to you if you give me your email address ;)"

Hi M..."

Hey, could i be next in line, could i read it after you? Im from Poland.

message 29: by Naina (new)

Naina (naynay55) | 5 comments Anne Elisabeth wrote: "Griselda wrote: "Anyone have an available copy? I still haven't had the chance to get my hand on it. I'd pay it forward after I'm done as well."
I have a copy available, please PM me/comment here i..."

Hi Anne Elisabeth -- is your copy still available?

message 30: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 4 comments Hey out in Utah USA looking for a copy! my library does not have it!

message 31: by Anne Elisabeth (new)

Anne Elisabeth   (anneelisabeth) | 87 comments Naina wrote: "Anne Elisabeth wrote: "Griselda wrote: "Anyone have an available copy? I still haven't had the chance to get my hand on it. I'd pay it forward after I'm done as well."
I have a copy available, plea..."

I have given away my copy, I hope you get another one.

message 32: by Alix (new)

Alix | 15 comments Hey, I'm still looking for a copy for that book. I live in Denmark, but also have an address in Germany. Whatever suits you better.

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen Finch | 36 comments Hi. If anyone has a copy I could read I would be very grateful. X

message 34: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 42 comments USA based - let me know if you have a copy! Thanks!

message 35: by Tes (new)

Tes | 1 comments Please let me know if anyone has a copy! I'm based in Germany, but also have an address in the UK :)

message 36: by Tita (new)

Tita | 4 comments Hi, I am based in Germany and if anyone would want to share a copy of this book with me I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance :)