Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

Buddy reads > The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) Jan '18

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (last edited Jan 01, 2018 02:32AM) (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
For all of you who voted for The Final Empire, here is the "unofficial" buddy read, which will be led by lucie.

Please keep spoilers under spoiler tags! You can do this by typing < spoiler>SPOILER HERE< /spoiler> and removing the spaces. Thank you. ♥

message 2: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) YASSSSS!!!

who's gonna join??

Saar The Book owl Oh no, this comes to soon! I have so much to finish and start this month, but enjoy!

message 4: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Saar wrote: "Oh no, this comes to soon! I have so much to finish and start this month, but enjoy!"

bummer!
maybe you'll find the time eventually?

Saar The Book owl Not for this month. I think I have 9 books for this month. But I'm curious on what the others think of the book.

message 6: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (elisabookishexpat) Oh yay!! Going to start this later today or tomorrow!

message 7: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 335 comments I read this a year or so ago, so I'll lurk in the corner and pitch in with thoughts here and there. I will say I love the creativity of the magic system in this book. Have fun, all!

message 8: by Cathy (new)

Cathy I am going to get to this book eventually, I swear, but it will not be this month, sadly. It'll be fun to follow along and see how you all are enjoying it, though! :)

message 9: by Natulcien_reads (last edited Jan 02, 2018 03:22AM) (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'm listening to the audiobook again (highly recommend, btw!!) so I can continue with the series :-)

message 10: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Natulcien wrote: "I'm listening to the audiobook again (highly recommend, btw!!) so I can continue with the series :-)"

how many books in the series have you already read?

message 11: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments lucie wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I'm listening to the audiobook again (highly recommend, btw!!) so I can continue with the series :-)"

how many books in the series have you already read?"

I've only read the first one :-)

message 12: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) | 239 comments Mod
I will be reading it this month! Though it might be towards the end of the month, so I hopefully will be able to join in on the discussion later :)

message 13: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

I will be here to cheer with you over Kel and Breeze *_*

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I've had this book for a while, but its been so hyped I haven't read it yet. :p

message 15: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) I started it yesterday

it's weird to read about a main character who is not a teenager!

message 16: by lucie (last edited Jan 05, 2018 09:15AM) (new)

lucie (arey) i dont know how relevant this is but i had butteflies in my belly when Vin met Elend 😍 is this my ship? should i ship them?

anyway I'm starting to read chapter 13
what about you, my buddy readers?

message 17: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (elisabookishexpat) I’m still in the first 100 pages 😬

message 18: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Elisa (Bookish Expat) wrote: "I’m still in the first 100 pages 😬"

and how do you like it?

message 19: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (elisabookishexpat) lucie wrote: "Elisa (Bookish Expat) wrote: "I’m still in the first 100 pages 😬"

and how do you like it?"

Well... I haven’t really gotten into it yet. But I’m used to that when reading Brandon Sanderson books. I know there will be a point where all of a sudden I won’t be able to put it down!! 😄

message 20: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'm halfway through chapter 16 and I'm enjoying it just as much as the first time around :-)

How's everyone else doing? Are you enjoying it?

For anyone who's come across it yet: What do you think of Kelsier's plan?

message 21: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Natulcien wrote: "I'm halfway through chapter 16 and I'm enjoying it just as much as the first time around :-)

For anyone who's come across it yet: What do you think..."

Kelsier is CRAZY! I dont see how the plan could work, the plan is complicated and there's a lot of thing that can ruin it. But I have to admit, it's pretty clever.

I am reading chapter 27 right now

message 22: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments lucie wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I'm halfway through chapter 16 and I'm enjoying it just as much as the first time around :-)

For anyone who's come across it yet:..."

He is CRAZY, but hey, if Vin can get used to him being crazy... :-)
I loved how the plan was plotted out.

message 23: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Natulcien wrote: "lucie wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I'm halfway through chapter 16 and I'm enjoying it just as much as the first time around :-)

For anyone who's come ..."

I love his craziness! I still dont know how I feel about March, tho. He's odd

message 24: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments lucie wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "lucie wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I'm halfway through chapter 16 and I'm enjoying it just as much as the first time around :-)

For ..."

He is, but I think he could grow on you.

message 25: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 335 comments What do you guys think of the rest of the crew? Any favorites?

Personally I grew very attached to Spook.

message 26: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "What do you guys think of the rest of the crew? Any favorites?

Personally I grew very attached to Spook."

I find Sazed to be very interesting.

message 27: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "What do you guys think of the rest of the crew? Any favorites?

I agree with Sazed - we dont know a lot about him and that makes him interesting. I hope we will know more about his 'kind'

message 28: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) FINISHED

message 29: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Congrats 😀

message 30: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) If you could have an allomancy, what it would be? (all of them is not an option, haha)

message 31: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments That's a hard one, I'll have to think about that one 😁

message 32: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (elisabookishexpat) lucie wrote: "If you could have an allomancy, what it would be? (all of them is not an option, haha)"

Ah no fair 😉

I’m only on chapter 5, so I might change my mind later, but right now I’d have to go for Pewter or Brass 😊

message 33: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I think I'd go for brass as well, it would come in handy for my pupils 😂😂

message 34: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 335 comments Ooooh good one, Lucie. Tin or copper here.

message 35: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "What do you guys think of the rest of the crew? Any favorites?

Breeze. And Kel. <3

message 36: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Totally just bought the whole series in paperback on Amazon...was talking to a girl at work who has read the series and she agreed it was totally worth buying. Super excited to dive into them!

message 37: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Arika wrote: "Totally just bought the whole series in paperback on Amazon...was talking to a girl at work who has read the series and she agreed it was totally worth buying. Super excited to dive into them!"

Have you started the first book yet? I'm almost finished and it's just as good as the first time I read it. Now all I have to do is make sure I continue with the second book in the next couple of weeks :-)

message 38: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I've finished my reread last night. Clearly, I had forgotten some things about the ending, but I'm sooooo excited to continue on with the trilogy (series). (I am going to read Illuminae first, because I hardly ever marathon series).

For those who've already finished it: (view spoiler)

Question: What would you rather be? An Allomancer or a Feruchemist?

Vin: (view spoiler)

Marsh: (view spoiler)

message 39: by lucie (last edited Jan 17, 2018 03:24AM) (new)

lucie (arey) Natulcien wrote: "I've finished my reread last night. Clearly, I had forgotten some things about the ending, but I'm sooooo excited to continue on with the trilogy (series). (I am going to read Illuminae first, beca..."

(view spoiler)

Q: What was your favorite part of the book? What comes to your mind first?
My first thought is how Vin and Elend have met on the balcony. :D

message 40: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments lucie wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I've finished my reread last night. Clearly, I had forgotten some things about the ending, but I'm sooooo excited to continue on with the trilogy (series). (I am going to read Ill..."

Hmm, the first favourite part that comes to mind... When Kelsier starts to teach Vin on how to pull Iron and push Steel and the following 'practice' scene :-)

message 41: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Would anyone be interested in buddy reading The Well of Ascension in February?

message 42: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Natulcien wrote: "Would anyone be interested in buddy reading The Well of Ascension in February?"

YES!

message 43: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments lucie wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "Would anyone be interested in buddy reading The Well of Ascension in February?"

YES!"

*high five* :-)

message 44: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Ugh so I am bummed I didn't get to finish this in January but I will be finishing it and maybe can tag along with a buddy read for the next book in February.
So far I am a little ways into the book and it is really good. I love the different type of magic that is in this story.

message 45: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Arika wrote: "Ugh so I am bummed I didn't get to finish this in January but I will be finishing it and maybe can tag along with a buddy read for the next book in February.
So far I am a little ways into the boo..."

Lucie and I kind of cheated and we started ahead of time (sorry), but if you want to you can send us a message if you start the second book and we can discuss it :-) (or The Final Empire for that matter!)