Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

January - HYPED BOOKS > Buddy read: Illuminae

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
Time to put on your space boots and come read Illuminae with me because I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT OBSIDIO COMING OUT SOON.

Who's with me?

Please keep spoilers under spoiler tags! You can do this by typing
< spoiler>SPOILER HERE< /spoiler> and removing the spaces. Thank you. ♥

Want to buddy read a different book? You can look for a partner here. Discussions for other books can be held here.

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'm going to try to the audiobook (highly recommend, btw!!) and then listen to the audiobook of Gemina next month so that I'm prepared for Obsidio to come out :-)

message 3: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) | 239 comments Mod
Totally recommend the audiobook too! I listened to both the first and second book on audiobook and they were awesome!

message 4: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Crivelli (brunettegirl27) | 102 comments I want to re-read this before Obsidio too! But I don't have time.. I will probably jump on the audiobook... Maybe try Audible UK and let's see.

message 5: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

I've heard such amazing things about the audiobook! Will definitely try that in the future when I reread it again. I'm already 400+ pages in, it's still as good as the first time!

message 6: by Meeghan (new)

Meeghan (meeghanw) | 18 comments Hey guys, I plan on reading Illuminae (and hopefully Gemina) with you this month; but I'm still traveling so I can't start until I get home and lay my hands on my copy. I probably won't be able to start until Jan 12th at the earliest if someone wants a buddy read later in the month? :D

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Alessandra wrote: "I want to re-read this before Obsidio too! But I don't have time.. I will probably jump on the audiobook... Maybe try Audible UK and let's see."

I had to get it from Audible US (this was the reason I took a subscription there :-D )

Still haven't started my relisten of the audiobook :-s hopefully I'll get around to it soon.
This will be my third time reading the book, btw, I'm curious to see if I'll like it just as much as the second time I read it. I actually liked it better the second time around (maybe it had something to do with the audiobook, I don't know.)

message 8: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Crivelli (brunettegirl27) | 102 comments Natulcien wrote: "Alessandra wrote: "I want to re-read this before Obsidio too! But I don't have time.. I will probably jump on the audiobook... Maybe try Audible UK and let's see."

I had to get it from Audible US ..."

Yes. I discovered it later and I decided to stay on the UK and take the trial on the US for Illuminae e then bye bye.

I actually love the audiobook so much! Especially the voice of Alice from The Magician for Kady is so lovely <3333

Also the messages between Kady and Ezra read outloud are even more cute *o* How can you not love them?!

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Alessandra wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "Alessandra wrote: "I want to re-read this before Obsidio too! But I don't have time.. I will probably jump on the audiobook... Maybe try Audible UK and let's see."

I had to get i..."

I took the US trial for Illuminae and I thought about paying for one month to also get Gemina, but that was about a year ago and I still have my subscription :-) :-)

message 10: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

I'm definitely thinking of getting Audible as well and using the free credits for Illuminae and Gemina... I just love them so much!

I finished the book in just a few days, it's so hard to put down! It was just as amazing as the first time around.

message 11: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Crivelli (brunettegirl27) | 102 comments Inge wrote: "I'm definitely thinking of getting Audible as well and using the free credits for Illuminae and Gemina... I just love them so much!

I finished the book in just a few days, it's so hard to put down..."

I still miss few hours since I am reading another book, but I weep every time that I listen it ç.ç

Natulcien wrote: "Alessandra wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "Alessandra wrote: "I want to re-read this before Obsidio too! But I don't have time.. I will probably jump on the audiobook... Maybe try Audible UK and let's se..."

I am stick with the UK version since the US is a bit more expensive. But I saw that Gemina is available on the AUS version too. (I am not ashamed.)

message 12: by Natulcien_reads (last edited Jan 09, 2018 12:52PM) (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Alessandra wrote: "Inge wrote: "I'm definitely thinking of getting Audible as well and using the free credits for Illuminae and Gemina... I just love them so much!

I finished the book in just a few days, it's so har..."

Thanks for the tip, I might cancel my US subscription and join the Australian one, since it is cheaper than the US one. (Only about €1 more than the UK one. The US one is about €3 more expensive.)

Edit: URGH, apparently, I can't get Gemina from the Australian audible :-s

message 13: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'm alternating between reading the physical book and listening to the audiobook and it's soooooo good to back in that world (or should I say universe?)

message 14: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Natulcien wrote: "I'm alternating between reading the physical book and listening to the audiobook and it's soooooo good to back in that world (or should I say universe?)"

SO GOOD. Which part are you at?

message 15: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Also did you guys see that beautiful shiny Obsidio cover?

message 16: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Inge wrote: "Also did you guys see that beautiful shiny Obsidio cover?"

I looooooooooooooooove it :-)

message 17: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Inge wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I'm alternating between reading the physical book and listening to the audiobook and it's soooooo good to back in that world (or should I say universe?)"

SO GOOD. Which part are ..."

They've just 'woken up' Aiden again and sh**t is about to go down...

message 18: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I swear to God, every time I hear AIDEN's voice for the first time in the audiobook, shivers run down my spine...

message 19: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

OMG yes....Aiden's voice is so chilling!

message 20: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

AM I NOT MERCIFUL?

message 21: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Inge wrote: "AM I NOT MERCIFUL?"

Goosebumps, EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

message 22: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Would anyone be interested in buddy reading Gemina in February?

message 23: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Uhh YEAH

message 24: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

I'm just hoping for Obsidio that the audiobook gets released right away so I can listen to it like I did the first two books because they are the best I have ever listened to on audiobook form.
If I have the time I will try to Buddy read with you :)

message 25: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Inge wrote: "Uhh YEAH"

*High five*

Arika wrote: "I'm just hoping for Obsidio that the audiobook gets released right away so I can listen to it like I did the first two books because they are the best I have ever listened to on aud..."

According to audible.com it is set to release on the 13th March, so yay :-)

message 26: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Inge, will you be making a new thread for a Gemina buddy read? (Btw, did you know you can order an Obsidio box from TheYaChronicles? I ordered the Gemina box and it was amazing. Of course I had to order the Obsidio box as well #sorrynotsorry)

message 27: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Yes, I'll make one today!

message 28: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Sorry for the delay, it's up :D
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...