YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Supernatural prison story (series) by Jaymin Eve - Restarting January 18th 2018

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 421 comments Broken Compass is a spinoff within the Supernatural Prison World. Told in dual POVs from Maximus Compass and Mischa Lebron. This is full length and standalone. You do not need to read the Supernatural Prison trilogy first.

Maximus Compass is a vampire without direction. Without heart. And without soul. He lost his true mate in the great battle against the dragon king, and now must face life alone.

And yet … something is happening to his agony. It’s fading away, leaving him with barely a memory of the female he believed to be his one and only.
As his mind clears he starts to wonder if the mate bond had been nothing more than a manufactured ploy? This suspicion explodes within him right around the time he runs back into a certain wolf shifter.

Mischa Lebron is a complication he doesn’t need in his life. He can’t erase her from his mind though, and while memories of his supposed true mate continue to fade into mere shadows, his one night with Mischa is blazingly strong. But they’re not of the same supernatural race, so there’s no way for a a true bond to exist between them.

Right?

When an old threat rips apart their pack, Maximus will come to realize that he would do anything to save Mischa. That the mate he thought was perfect and precious was nothing on the shifter he walked away from. Now Maximus truly has everything to lose.

message 2: by Suranjana (new)

Suranjana | 148 comments Did you begin?

message 3: by Story_girl (last edited Jan 02, 2018 09:23AM) (new)

Story_girl | 421 comments Just starting Broken Compass (Supernatural Prison Story #1) by Jaymin Eve . Have you started?

message 4: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 421 comments The book is actually big. I thought it was a novella :/

message 5: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 421 comments Reading chapter 2. The writing is so choppy.
Should we have read the previous series first? It all seems to be info dumping.

message 6: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 421 comments This book really needs to improve. I'll read upto the 20% mark...and if it doesn't.. I'm going to DNF it 😞

message 7: by Suranjana (new)

Suranjana | 148 comments I had no internet until now and that's why I couldn't post. Same here. The book was a huge disappointment...

message 8: by Suranjana (new)

Suranjana | 148 comments I couldn't even finish the first chapter... 😫

message 9: by Suranjana (new)

Suranjana | 148 comments And yes. Probably if we had read the first series may be we would have liked it...? Highly doubtful.

message 10: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 421 comments are you dnf-ing it?? for sure? I'll drop it too then

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9771 comments I am reading the Supernatural Prison Series, before the spinoff. Using this thread for the series.